2 Oakland County Deputies Arrested For Possibly Dui After Crashing Into A 70Yo Woman

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/03/potentially_drunk_oakland_coun.html#incart_river_home

On St. Patrick's Day, two off-duty Oakland County sheriff's deputies may have committed the crime their on-duty colleagues were trying to stop.

The deputies, who have not been named pending toxicology tests and possible charges, spent the night in the Oakland County Jail after allegedly rear-ending and injuring a 70-year-old woman about 11 a.m. Thursday in Pontiac.

"While on the scene of the accident, it was apparent that both off-duty deputies had been drinking and Sheriff's Office investigators arrested both individuals," the Office said in a statement Friday. "The driver was arrested for operating while impaired as well as possession of a firearm while intoxicated. The passenger was arrested for possession of a firearm while intoxicated."

Blood was drawn and the results are pending. Officials didn't say whether Breathalyzer tests were administrated.

The deputies have been with the Sheriff's Office less than 19 months.

"This is completely unacceptable on more levels than I can list," Sheriff Michael J. Bouchard said in a prepared statement. "Law enforcement is held to a higher standard. They have violated the public's trust and will be held accountable for their inexcusable actions."

The deputies are now suspended.

"Additionally, the Sheriff's Office has begun termination proceedings," the Sheriff's Office said. "Their deputy status has been revoked and their agency issued equipment, badges, and ID has been confiscated ... "

• 2 weeks later...

This is a true story I was unhappily involved in!

This was probably in the mid 90's,  I was dj'ing a bar in roseville, a few of my friends came to have some fun!

One of my friends brought his brother, a macomb county deputy sheriiff!

After closing the bar we decided to go have breakfast at national coney island, (groesbeck I beleive) we had the cop drive since we were all drunk and he had the best chance of getting away with it!

after we had breakfast, it was prob 3 am  this idiot cop took us for a joy ride thru mt.clemens (macomb county seat) he was firing his weapon at windows while driving on gratiot thru mt. clemens, he actualy went thru 2 clips, I was schiting my pants the whole time, I am so thankful arse hole didnt get pulled over with the rest of us in the car!

Peace

wow ! you've met some real characters phaq

amazing you're still alive

I am the luckiest person in the world to make it to 53 and not have a fellony!

When ever I got a traffic violation, ie drunk driving, dring w/o or revoked!

When I would get 10 days or what ever, I was just thankful I didnt get popped for other realy realy bad things I have done in my life time!  I am far from an angle lol!

Peace

I am the luckiest person in the world to make it to 53 and not have a fellony!

When ever I got a traffic violation, ie drunk driving, dring w/o or revoked!

When I would get 10 days or what ever, I was just thankful I didnt get popped for other realy realy bad things I have done in my life time!  I am far from an angle lol!

Peace

I must be luckier than you. I never had a felony charge, or went to jail, never had a drunk driving, no susp license, no traffic violations in 20 yrs. 1 misdemeanor starting out. mj possession, go figure

I must be luckier than you. I never had a felony charge, or went to jail, never had a drunk driving, no susp license, no traffic violations in 20 yrs. 1 misdemeanor starting out. mj possession, go figure

When ever you do something to often your gonna get cuaght eventualy, shoot I was dj'ing , drinking is part of the price lol!

But driving home at bar closing time 6 to 7 nites a week, you are going to get popped lol!  Its been quite a long time since I have had any traffic violations,  I will never take a drink and than drive, never ever ever again.  I can promise my self that brother!

I truly do beleive in drunk driving laws, and when I got mine I deserved it, I am prob the only person getting arrested for drunk driving, and telling the cops thank you for saving my son's dad and other kids parents or children!

Peace