You Have Got To Be Kidding Me......

douggie

I was really involved with this before it became legal. 

So, I know more of the past (early on) rules and regulations. 

But over the past few years I have been enjoying the rewards of everyone's efforts.

The early struggles going into this, I was REAL happy that Michigan was an early on accepting state for MM. 

I remember reading (hope it was true, if anyone has a link with the proof I would love to see it) that it was the most voted on item and the most positively received item to ever be voted on in Michigan.

I believe it, After all, my 94 year old grand mother voted for it. Most people (with even half a brain) understand that the governmental BS for the outlawing of hemp/marijuana was/is totally Illegal. [hemp act of 1937 ] which was drawn up after the hurst - duponte lies. (Kinda reminds me of the Phil Gram (GLB act) legislation he had passed for ENRON...while his wife worked there and made 1.3 mil) Just scumbaggy moo poo. 

Anyway, I read earlier  (at the time the state came out with their regulations) that each township was supposed to have a designated officer that would be allowed to enter your premises. This was to be a voluntary surrender to the officer. In order for him/her to inspect your grow to ensure youre up to the legal standards of the michigan MM laws.

I spoke with a  friend that has a legal grow. What they told me was appalling.

I was told that they show up in swat gear with automatic weapons, search warrants and even a making whoopee APC. They hand cuffed everyone that occupied the building and pretty much vandalized everything. 

What is the probable cause that they would be able to have a search warrant issued?

Can any of you legal "Professionals" tell me?

Are you all making too much money dealing with the day to day minor crap that you want to ride the BS out?

Theyre intimidating. Almost like theyre probing and hoping for a response. Well, with their hope, I too hope they get their response. I hope its a lesson learnt by them. 

I know of some apartment complexes that were allowing medical grows......that would be something to see. 

The next 2 bubbles that need to burst are the Fed and medical. Pharmaceutical, medical and insurance.  

Edited by douggie

Anyway, I read earlier (at the time the state came out with their regulations) that each township was supposed to have a designated officer that would be allowed to enter your premises. This was to be a voluntary surrender to the officer. In order for him/her to inspect your grow to ensure youre up to the legal standards of the michigan MM laws.

you shouldn't have believed everything you read on the internet here. 

A blast from the past, 2009;

Senate Bill 618 would amend the Public Health Code to do the following:

-- Regulate marihuana as a Schedule 2, rather than Schedule 1, controlled substance, if it were dispensed for use under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.
-- Prohibit medical marihuana from being grown, sold, distributed, possessed, used, transported, or delivered unless it were grown and sold through a licensed medical marihuana growing facility.
-- Allow the Department of Community Health (DCH) to license up to 10 medical marihuana growing facilities in any one-year period, and prohibit a license from being assigned or transferred.
-- Establish licensure and annual license renewal requirements, including an initial and annual fee of $2,500, for medical marihuana growing facilities.
-- Require the DCH or local health departments to inspect medical marihuana growing facilities annually.
-- Prohibit a local unit of government from enacting or enforcing an ordinance regarding medical marihuana growing facilities.
-- Require the DCH to promulgate rules and enforce the licensure program for medical marihuana growing facilities.
-- Prescribe a misdemeanor penalty for an owner, operator, or agent of a medical marihuana growing facility who failed to comply with licensure requirements, or who illegally established a growing facility.

yea 618 was never made into law , dont confuse the poor rock-people, resto!

That was Wayne Kuiper's ® bill.  It almost made it into law. It was the first time all of us cannabis activists were truly united after the law passed. We united over the legislature's push for all grows to be inspected. The guy from under the rock got it mostly right. Time goes by but that doesn't change history if you have people who correctly remember the past. 

I was really involved with this before it became legal. 

So, I know more of the past (early on) rules and regulations. 

But over the past few years I have been enjoying the rewards of everyone's efforts.

The early struggles going into this, I was REAL happy that Michigan was an early on accepting state for MM. 

I remember reading (hope it was true, if anyone has a link with the proof I would love to see it) that it was the most voted on item and the most positively received item to ever be voted on in Michigan.

I believe it, After all, my 94 year old grand mother voted for it. Most people (with even half a brain) understand that the governmental BS for the outlawing of hemp/marijuana was/is totally Illegal. [hemp act of 1937 ] which was drawn up after the hurst - duponte lies. (Kinda reminds me of the Phil Gram (GLB act) legislation he had passed for ENRON...while his wife worked there and made 1.3 mil) Just scumbaggy moo poo. 

Anyway, I read earlier  (at the time the state came out with their regulations) that each township was supposed to have a designated officer that would be allowed to enter your premises. This was to be a voluntary surrender to the officer. In order for him/her to inspect your grow to ensure youre up to the legal standards of the michigan MM laws.

I spoke with a  friend that has a legal grow. What they told me was appalling.

I was told that they show up in swat gear with automatic weapons, search warrants and even a making whoopee APC. They hand cuffed everyone that occupied the building and pretty much vandalized everything. 

What is the probable cause that they would be able to have a search warrant issued?

Can any of you legal "Professionals" tell me?

Are you all making too much money dealing with the day to day minor crap that you want to ride the BS out?

Theyre intimidating. Almost like theyre probing and hoping for a response. Well, with their hope, I too hope they get their response. I hope its a lesson learnt by them. 

I know of some apartment complexes that were allowing medical grows......that would be something to see. 

The next 2 bubbles that need to burst are the Fed and medical. Pharmaceutical, medical and insurance.  

DCH wanted  to inspect your grow at first back in the beginning of 2009 but at that time they didn't have the man / woman to do the job 

What is the probable cause that they would be able to have a search warrant issued? the case of the State of Michigan vs Brown  if they smal cannabis they can get a warrant 

That was Wayne Kuiper's ® bill.  It almost made it into law. It was the first time all of us cannabis activists were truly united after the law passed. We united over the legislature's push for all grows to be inspected. The guy from under the rock got it mostly right. Time goes by but that doesn't change history if you have people who correctly remember the past. 

Yup 

DCH wanted  to inspect your grow at first back in the beginning of 2009 but at that time they didn't have the man / woman to do the job 

What is the probable cause that they would be able to have a search warrant issued? the case of the State of Michigan vs Brown  if they smal cannabis they can get a warrant 

This COA BS will be overturned because it's obviously a writ of assistance that is unconstitutional. 

While we decline, in light of the pertinent case law, to impose an affirmative duty on the police to obtain information pertaining to a person's noncompliance with the MMMA before seeking a search warrant for marijuana, if the police do have clear and uncontroverted evidence that a person is in full compliance with the MMMA, this evidence must be included as part of the affidavit because such a situation would not justify the issuance of a warrant. This scheme will reduce any potential (however unlikely) for police overreach in attempting to obtain search warrants. 

"This scheme will reduce any potential (however unlikely) for police overreach in attempting to obtain search warrants."

Right ^^ Not.

This COA BS will be overturned because it's obviously a writ of assistance that is unconstitutional. 

While we decline, in light of the pertinent case law, to impose an affirmative duty on the police to obtain information pertaining to a person's noncompliance with the MMMA before seeking a search warrant for marijuana, if the police do have clear and uncontroverted evidence that a person is in full compliance with the MMMA, this evidence must be included as part of the affidavit because such a situation would not justify the issuance of a warrant. This scheme will reduce any potential (however unlikely) for police overreach in attempting to obtain search warrants. 

This COA BS will be overturned because it's obviously a writ of assistance that is unconstitutional. <<< i do believe it will be also but not soon enough for others

Edited by bobandtorey

This part is why the original writs of assistance were found to be unconstitutional. It's totally a power play to get around the rights of We The People. 

if the police do have clear and uncontroverted evidence that a person is in full compliance with the MMMA

It leaves the cops a back door around looking for, or admitting to, any evidence that a grow is legal, at a time when there are thousands of completely legal grows in Michigan. There never will be uncontrovertable evidence that a person is in full compliance until a warrant is issued so the standard WILL BE uncontrovertable evidence of a crime, which does not include suspected cannabis odor or scraps in the trash or yard.

Edited by Restorium2

Yes it takes a  warrant, however figure this,  a pised off girl friend, or jealous friend, or a big mouth friend, and ex wife or a nosey neighbor. can all get the ball running, they will/can stake out the garbage , walk by with drug dog, or watch for unusual traffic , new cars coming by, and they will turn all that against you and get that warrant, and if they think they should , yes the swat team, lots hooded and guns drawn will decend on your house.. Be afraid, be very afraid.. if it happens to you , your gonna know how bad they can be on you.. do google on drug cops raid home.. 

http://fox17online.com/2015/10/30/man-says-his-marijuana-grow-operation-was-under-the-legal-limit/

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/swat-team-mistakenly-destroys-womans-home-refuses-pay-damages/

just a couple with a quick search...

Yes it takes a  warrant, however figure this,  a pised off girl friend, or jealous friend, or a big mouth friend, and ex wife or a nosey neighbor. can all get the ball running, they will/can stake out the garbage , walk by with drug dog, or watch for unusual traffic , new cars coming by, and they will turn all that against you and get that warrant, and if they think they should , yes the swat team, lots hooded and guns drawn will decend on your house.. Be afraid, be very afraid.. if it happens to you , your gonna know how bad they can be on you.. do google on drug cops raid home.. 

http://fox17online.com/2015/10/30/man-says-his-marijuana-grow-operation-was-under-the-legal-limit/

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/swat-team-mistakenly-destroys-womans-home-refuses-pay-damages/

just a couple with a quick search...

Why would they need to do any of that if they can just get a making whoopee arrant?

I dont drink.....

Must be a lot of the brainiac lawyers posting on here. its your fault for allowing this bunny muffin to happen. 

In California where the lawyers are REAL. A court ordered the police to give the marijuana back to a grower. 

LMFAO, just to rub it in. He took it directly out to the court house parking lot got his triple beam out and weighed it. He was going to charge the police department if any was missing. 

Edited by douggie

Why would they need to do any of that if they can just get a making whoopee arrant?

You'd have to ask them, and besides thats imho that is what they do when they get the warrant.. I'm sure someone on here can testify as to how they approach you.. with that warrant.  sure a few are approached fairly, but as a rule you wont know sheet till there bangin on the door....

From my point of view this is the norm for MSP and the drug gestapho.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/03/17/michigan-civil-asset-forfeiture-state-police-thomas-williams-medical-marijuana/24877677/

I will say I am overly paranoid but the headlines cause that in me, and they never seem to subside..

Edited by Willy

I dont drink.....

Must be a lot of the brainiac lawyers posting on here. its your fault for allowing this bunny muffin to happen. 

In California where the lawyers are REAL. A court ordered the police to give the marijuana back to a grower. 

LMFAO, just to rub it in. He took it directly out to the court house parking lot got his triple beam out and weighed it. He was going to charge the police department if any was missing. 

this is michigan man,, there not so giving here.. California has its own rules. here your liucky if you can even get a medical defense.

Well to be constructive in our cause. 

Couldnt a lawyer demand the names of the individuals that was present while the search was taking place?

It would be nice to have a list....post it somewhere online and visit them guys at their home. In front of their wives, kids and neighbors.  

that was tried, peeps got arrest for doing it, they even made threats to the peeps as well.. 

People need to get used to saying this....Officer, the only one here breaking the law is you. Shout it out so your neighbors hear it. SCREAM it in protest. Let them know what scumbags they are. 

I'm sure they know there scumbags. there answer is were just doing our jobs, and frankly they dont give a sheet what we think about them.. sad but true,, folks are working on new bills to get pasted but its no quick fix, they are even trying to veto out the signed voters ... check that out and get a feel for whats going on in lansing ..

Why even bother to make the bunny muffin legal....all were doing is lining the  lawyers pockets. 

Maybe its Michigans way of feeding their attorneys. 

All I see is its a way for them to bust people for growing marijuana....and they have a list of the ones that grow it. 

For those of you that do grow it.....do you know that the government has stolen from its citizens over double what the thieves have stolen in 2014. 

Doing their job my donkey....more like lining their pockets. 

Edited by douggie