Out Door Grow Is This Legal

So I am finding out so much stuff now that i did not know and was not told I'm getting very discouraged just look into the law and found out that you can only have 2.5 oz at a time what if I can only grow one crop per year that will force me to buy some and that's what I'm trying not to do I have been going to despensrys and the price is crazy I figured that I would just spend 2,000 and get something going my self and I would still be saving money

What to do

you might be able to cut the plants down and count them as whole plants, instead of the weight on the plants. just hang the entire plant, no cutting buds off.

only cut a bud off when you use it. otherwise it stays on the large plant.

so each plant has more than 2.5oz on it but its just counted as a plant?

its kind of up in the air at this point in the law.

I would love to do that minus the other people just for my self originally that's what I thought and was told the law stated that you could grow for yourself the 2.5 oz thing is the kicker I would like to do one crop for the year 12 plants and have all my meds for the year it makes sense to me  --Don't we all !

I agree with T-Pain, but pull the plants and leave the roots on the plants, hang them and harvest as you need, should be considered unprocessed plants, but it certainly is a grey area!!

Farmer Brown

this is the greenhouse I built.  It worked very well.  I used two 20x20 car ports, put them together and then covered it in solexx plastic.  I ran out of plastic using a 300' roll and had to order more sheets.  this is before the sheets were ordered.  it's completely covered.

buildclearfinal.jpg

buildclearfinal1.jpg

Edited by garyfisher

I'll add the solex rocks in my book.(even at walmartcom now!) I used it for a nice greenhouse at my old home and took the covering with me to my new one. It was repurposed, reused as a greenhouse cover again. Abused, in total it held up for 13 yrs outdoors when finally it began to crumble up at the slightest touch/breeze...It allowed the elimination of any dark corners when I used it, and grew vegetables year round in it too. it had a year round hydro unit running also successfully.  but didn't give much more R than my other one with an inflated roof, but still is a great choice, even a current consideration for my current plan(t)s :)

this is the greenhouse I built.  It worked very well.  I used two 20x20 car ports, put them together and then covered it in solexx plastic.  I ran out of plastic using a 300' roll and had to order more sheets.  this is before the sheets were ordered.  it's completely covered.

buildclearfinal.jpg

buildclearfinal1.jpg

Fricken Inspiring !!!!! thank you for your efforts here

i'd say those are things that can be defeated by tools, but not by human hands.

so you want to protect your grow from human hands being able to rip their way in.

human hands cant rip chicken wire, chain link, wood fence etc.

I think that's a good position, but I'd look at materials that are at least as secure as the examples given.  Chicken wire can be cut with scissors but chain link can't.

But I don't know what the heck they were thinking with wood slats.  Slats, by definition, are thin and narrow.  For example, the old style snow fence made of wood slats held together with wire.  Of course, a kid could easily kick through wood slats, so maybe my first sentence is off the mark.  Chicken wire would be far more secure than wood slats.

Maybe the legislators were thinking of palings (aka pickets) but got it wrong?

Heh - looks like you can still buy that wood snow fence:

Natural Wood Sand/Snow Fence. Made of wooden slats woven together with four 2-wire strands.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mutual-Industries-1-2-in-x-4-ft-x-50-ft-Natural-Wood-Snow-Fence-14910-9-48/202533611

so the only thing between your plants and a wandering policeman is 5mil thick plastic sheet? :P

Does the law mention a thickness of material?  This 5mil thick plastic can is extremely strong and durable as well as opaque.  You can stand on the structure or run into it full speed and you will not get in.  What does the law say?  Locked and enclosed.  This structure is not penetrable without tools.  I did go a step further and lined underneath the plastic with a fence material,not chicken wire.  

Now, ifyou want to talk about secure?  No, its not.  Most structures and even growhouses are not "secure" and could easily be penetrated with a battery operated circular saw and 15 seconds of time.  

Garyfisher

Do you have , will you have electric run to your grow? Is that an electric fan?

Did your structure require a permit?

If we require a permit for our outdoor grows that would exclude many folk from having a garden to grow their own meds and open the door for zoning boards to regulate outdoor grows out of existence .

That is exactly what these regs aim to do, make outdoor grows a zip code thing.

An Outdoor Grow. Means the Plants are Outdoors, building a structure to put your plants in is an indoor grow.

You are going to have to maintain the environment inside the structure just like the indoor grow. Cannabis as you know Naturally grows in direct sunlight. The opaque plastic. not only encourages high humidity it blocks a percentage of sunlight.

This is not an Outdoor Grow it is a Greenhouse

It appears to be just another structure accommodating an indoor grow.

I like your set up but it is way over what is necessary to grow Great Meds and meet the requirements of our law.

We should be looking at minimum requirements so patients can obtain their meds as economically as possible .

What makes this an Outdoor Grow? Compared to.an actuall. Outdoor grow with sides and no top?

No Top = Outdoor Grow

Top = Indoor Grow

Garyfisher

Do you have , will you have electric run to your grow? Is that an electric fan?

Did your structure require a permit?

If we require a permit for our outdoor grows that would exclude many folk from having a garden to grow their own meds and open the door for zoning boards to regulate outdoor grows out of existence .

That is exactly what these regs aim to do, make outdoor grows a zip code thing.

An Outdoor Grow. Means the Plants are Outdoors, building a structure to put your plants in is an indoor grow.

You are going to have to maintain the environment inside the structure just like the indoor grow. Cannabis as you know Naturally grows in direct sunlight. The opaque plastic. not only encourages high humidity it blocks a percentage of sunlight.

This is not an Outdoor Grow it is a Greenhouse

It appears to be just another structure accommodating an indoor grow.

I like your set up but it is way over what is necessary to grow Great Meds and meet the requirements of our law.

We should be looking at minimum requirements so patients can obtain their meds as economically as possible .

What makes this an Outdoor Grow? Compared to.an actuall. Outdoor grow with sides and no top?

No Top = Outdoor Grow

Top = Indoor Grow

The only way it doesn't require a permit is if it is portable. The law says it can't be portable. That settles that.

I have two 24x32 foot enclosures, no more than 24 plants in each enclosure. Chicken wire sides and top, built with stick lumber on the first one. I built the second one with 12 foot tall cedar posts,buried 4 feet deep into the ground and used concrete mesh panels for sides and top, the second one was half the price of the first one. Doors on both are wood frame with either chicken wire or concrete mesh panels. The first one I put 7 strands of electric wire all the way around the enclosure, I have cattle, goats and sheep and wanted to make sure they did not break in and get locoed :>) The one with concrete mesh I did not bother doing the extra work and expense, no problem from the animals.

pull the plants, leave the roots on and rinse all dirt off the roots try to not get plant wet, but be sure to pull all the fan leaves and even most of the other leaves before you pull them, the big fan leaves especially can cause mold to form when hanging.Hang them in a locked shed( that has good ventilation,think tobacco drying barn) and trim as you need and as another said trim and store in buried jars. As the plant hangs and cures, it will go through a natural decarboxylation process. I am old timer and really do not like the green chlorophyll flavor that much, much prefer the old colombian red or gold bud flavor, which I get when cured properly. I know all you indoor guys will not agree, but it is what it is and each to his own. Love growing in the sunshine, fresh air, never have aphids, whiteflies or rarely any pests thanks to the predator bugs( think soldier beetles,ladybugs,predator wasps and spiders). The only times mold has been an issue is when we have a very wet period late in the fall, one guy I know has a cover he can pull over when the weather degrades that much.

Farmer Brown