Mh To Hps Back To Mh For More Thc?

MedStudent101

I think op means mh vs hps in flower, but not adjusting the12/12?

if so ....

I have hps and mh in my flower room all the time, for the multi spectrum and added UV/UVB/UDIG?

If "more thc" is an issue it wont be solved with switching out mh/hps in flowering.  Jorge Cervantes grow bible shows how to get the most of each plant. Light is very important, but so are environment factors, fertilizers, substrate, and of course genetics. I'm a long time user of cannabis. Two of hundreds of strains didn't have enough "thc" for me. one of them was a "CBD" plant.

Rare Dankness gear has enough thc for anyone, too much for many, if that's what you seek. Its been my highest thc tested breeder to date. its off the charts and ridiculously uncomfortable for me to use.

but if he means going back and forth between flower times and veg times......longer than 12 hour light will cause a bit of reveg, bigger yields, less thc by weight, just like bloom boosters, PK junkies. best results are 18-24 in veg and 12/12 in flower. there are no tricks to better cannabis. if there was, they wouldn't be called tricks, instead they'd be the way we do things...

Its a theory that I heard that when you are done with flower to let the plants sit in the dark for two days to get more THC. I heard that was replaced with instead of putting them in the dark to put them back under a Veg light(MH) for two days in 12/12....that was my question. But I beleive that grassmatch was correct in saying that there are no tricks or it would be apart of the process

the gw thesis paper said more light in the first two weeks of flower made more yield.

as for 12-12, depends on if your strain can handle longer light periods. mostly sativa want 13 hours of light

idont recall this student asking about more yield.  He asked for higher THC content.  Yes.  MH will produce higher THC content but lower yield.

I used to do testing on every crop, trying to better determine the effects of varying light balances... Played w swithching hps/mh

Anyway, u will test a greater variance between the top and bottom of plants vs hps and mh... Its is marginal, much less than the +\-10% margin of error most tests have. In other words, there are several factors that will have a greater impact on thc content than using mg towards the end, or even all the way through.

Perhaps, as i didnt do this, dosing w tanning bed (high uv) bulbs will have a more noticeable impact to scores

But w/o a doubt, the mh runs always yielded measurably less

Its a theory that I heard that when you are done with flower to let the plants sit in the dark for two days to get more THC. I heard that was replaced with instead of putting them in the dark to put them back under a Veg light(MH) for two days in 12/12....that was my question. But I beleive that grassmatch was correct in saying that there are no tricks or it would be apart of the process

I used to put my finished plants in the dark too, for a day or two, but now I understand the difference is negligible. I notice a drier harvest, easier trim is all. not worth it for me to do this anymore. I wouldn't try any tricks until after my room was spot on. Besides as soon as that's done you'll find yourself not wanting for anything better, finally. Start out with good info, like that grow bible. Do it right from the beginning and you'll never have to guess an issue.  The highest thc plants with the biggest buds and heaviest harvest can also be grown poorly, resulting in nothing but a pile of hay tasting rope fodder. The plant will only grow to its weakest resource. Provide everything it needs and you'll be rewarded with most any commercial genetics with high thc and great effects.

If you want more out of your plants surround them with lights. If you want more out of your lights surround them with plants.

have fun, be safe

I looked into UV lights a while back, and one of their downsides is you have to be very careful how close you get them to your buds.  They need to be close enough to make a difference in the trich formation, but if they get too close they will actually degrade the THC big-time.  It seemed like the only way to effectively use them was in SCROG.

I used to use a CMH light as a finishing light for the last two weeks.  Unlike MH or HPS, their spectrum is pretty flat across the board (like the sun).  I got the benefit of all the blues that foster THC and/or frostiness without giving up the red/yellow that packs on yield.

FWIW: Was just doing some research on the UV effect and it was mentioned how UV is most beneficial to plants that originally hail from higher elevations where UV would be common, i.e. mountainous sativas.  The authors said there was no benefit gained by equatorial strains that come from lower elevations, i.e. many indicas. YMMV.

FWIW: Was just doing some research on the UV effect and it was mentioned how UV is most beneficial to plants that originally hail from higher elevations where UV would be common, i.e. mountainous sativas.  The authors said there was no benefit gained by equatorial strains that come from lower elevations, i.e. many indicas. YMMV.

citation please