Why Are We Such Slow Adopters?

pic book

yeah , well, dont drink the nutes, as they are poisonous.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN (edit for resto)

you can take your chances drinking from bottles, i'll take my chances eating dirt.

Another crazy thing taken out of context. No one drinks their nutes. Why do you post propaganda like this? It's totally anti cannabis press. Maybe you should think about that before you post things that are stupid mistakes made by dumb cannabis people? You are shooting us all in our feet.

maybe you should stop hyping hydro and synthetic nutes and ph crap?

I grow a few different ways. I grow in dirt organically. I grow in hydro. I grow aero like NASA. I grow indoors. I grow outdoors. I have no favorites. What I do have is a need for being able to grow all different ways to keep up with the need out there. I have not run out since I started this adventure in '08 because I'm an open minded flexible grower. I have no reason to HYPE anything other than making it so all my choices are open and not unfairly characterized. 

Understand rubberband?

you're the one characterizing reality and facts as propaganda. but ok then.

Nope. I'm looking for back up for vague posts that are out of context like your ignorant mother letting her water and food starved kid drink nutrient solution. That is hype and propaganda and there's no way to defend that post you made. It has no place here.

you said hydro wasnt poisonous. i posted an article that talks about how poisonous some hydro stuff is. keep runnin resto. you'll win eventually.

I will take the time to calmly reply to your running post here.

I said that not all hydroponically grown cannabis is bad or poisonous.

You replied to that with an article where a bad parent of a water and food starved child drinks some nutrient solution and gets sick.

Who is the one helping folks and who is posting terrible information that is out of context?

Of course your kid can be poisoned like that but it has nothing to do with growing cannabis.

you're saying if you are careful and experienced you too can grow any way, safely?

Right. And I'm saying that you used a terrible example that makes things a lot harder in a topic that's already hard enough to fathom. 

I can't believe you went that far as to play the 'children' card like that just to try to be right.

Then tried to point some sort of agenda finger at me. All from a bully pulpit of admin.

Edited by Restorium2

Then tried to point some sort of agenda finger at me. All from a bully pulpit of admin.

i've never used my admin status against anyone. nor have i ever banned anyone, or even told anyone to get lost!

mostly i was joking with the hydro hype stuff. which is why i said if you like hydro, go for it. just not for me. curious about the NASA stuff though but never found any real links.

maybe i argue too much.

my overall point and lifestyle choice is to reduce the use of harmful chemicals.

bleach. bleach is safe and used by millions (billions) of people every year.

bleach? small amount of people are harmed by bleach every year. eyes/breathing/skin/ death etc.

so whats the alternative to bleach that is safer? vinegar.

does vinegar kill all germs? no. is it a true replacement? no.

is it safer? yes.

i hope people make the safer choice out there.

Pretty darn great credentials though. Can't get much better than that. He's like a rocket scientist in the botanical sense. I think it's a confidence builder. Especially after someone mentioned that people are making this stuff up in their bathtubs and selling it. At least you know with GH that a botanical organic rocket scientist is at the helm and their bottles have tamper proof seals. Everything in context. Does the guy who mixed up your nutes have credentials like that? Or did he sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night and thinks he knows everything?

And I thought they meant attic, not arctic ...... LOL Attics are pretty extreme. 

Has he ever grown MJ?  If not, then no better than someone who has and mixed their own nutes.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist and vegetables don't have to be flushed.  He deals with the bare essentials needed to produce something considering you have to strip everything down to only what's needed, not adding what will enhance the outcome.  Buy into the hype if you want but don't try and sell it to me.

No one mixes my nutes but me. It's blood meal, bone meal, alfalfa, kelp, oyster shell, lime, etc.

Organic rocket scientist?

Edited by Norby

the same NASA that spent thousands to figure out how to make a pen write in zero-g while the russians used pencils.

the same NASA that is currently using russian rockets because they are cheaper than some special space shuttle.

meh whatever, NASA is the best am i rite?

i want to hear what the russian space agency uses to grow plants :D

Do not overfeed and this won't happen.

Bingo!  I used to feed my DWC plants a full load of nutes until the end.  I did get some snap-crackle-pop and product that wouldn't stay lit in a joint.  Finally, I backed-off on the nute concentrations by about 50% throughout the life of the grow.  Then all was well.  I also found that finishing a well-fed/over-fed plant for about two weeks in plain water eliminated the issue. 

also a major player in cannabis mold production is excess fertilizers not being metabolized. following directions always worked for me fortunately.

lots of things can make a joint crackle.

I don't like over fed plants, or ones that are not metabolizing properly. I've never seen a commercial hydronutrient system that didn't instruct a systematic ppm lowering towards the end of flower. They all end up with lower nuts than my spring water reads from the well. Seems those are flushed when directions are followed. Flushing was first heard of for croppers, just like drying your fresh bud for immediate use. They grabbed ideals form the tobacco industry, like feeding to the day of harvest, curing, which allows these excess to break down over time, degrade into something else, to provide a smoother experience.

nature flushes by reducing bird poop, insect frass, available light and most other resources, forcing he plant to eat up. This is clearly indicated with the results of a refractometer reading throughout the grow

NASA uses GH Nutes to grow food. Food for people. You know, that NASA that is working on putting people on Mars? Not all nutes sold at the shops are equal. At least if you use the one that NASA uses then you will have consistency and you know it's not some bathtub nutes, (if that's even a true thang). I think some folks get a little carried away with their ideas on nutes being bad. So if you are worried or wondering, go with NASA and relax. GH nutes are food grade and have a good reference with NASA.

My biggest problem with the nute company's is there directions for use!  When I first started using gh ( i will prob do kiss method in near future)  I used as directed, I had nothing but problems, when I started slowly putting less and less of the recipe in my res, I started to get healthier, much better plants!

Dont use nutes as directed (to newbies) you will either wonder what your doing wrong or blame the nutes, I think gh is a great nute company, when I use as I beieve and not what is receomended I do way better!

I would think that would be the same for all nutes, they have directions for a reason, and the reason is not for you to get the best product, it is for the nute company to sell more nutes!

Peace

now that's bizarre Phaq, I used GH with expected good  results as directed. I never deviated from the instructions and never had an issue. I think the issue(s) may be related to other resources provided in your garden. Like the ppm of the starting water, ph, etc.   This is a tough industry for manufacturers. Most of us begin growing in very different circumstances, and find some products perform well despite our short comings while others do not. We report some as failures and it sometimes catches on when they might be user caused.  

peace out

makes sense zap, growing to their weakest resource, they will be over fed by design with less par light/c02 to breath.(slowed metabolism, weak photosynthesis, etc)

I see the same issues with breeder suggestions concerning flower/finish times. They don't grow in a closet with computer fan, but instead often have

state of the art environments with every needed resource readily available. We should all aspire to have perfect environments to grow medicine patients in.

Imagine if we all started with correct parameters, the issues we all experience might diminish

Edited by grassmatch

I've grown in dirt, indoors and out, and hydro. I can no longer smoke but even when I still could I was never able to detect any difference at all between organic and synthetic fertilizers in the end product.I don't believe the plant can either.

There is a definite difference between well grown and poorly grown no matter what the growing medium is.

I currently grow hydro and occasionally throw in a plant in dirt. Hydro is my preference because I have fewer problems with insects and it is easier to keep things clean. I'm also able to leave town for a couple of weeks at a time by using a float valve system.

Dyna Gro is my preferred fert. It was originally used as a commercial orchid fertilizer. With any synthetic fertilizer my opinion is less is more. The manufacturers are trying to sell more so they encourage you to over fertilize.

To each his own.