New Cardholder - Confused About Rules, Etc

Yeah dont get caught with oil one of my buddys got arrested recently being a card holder with a tiny bit of wax now its costing a lot of money to try and get out of it. I rarely drive with my wax.

People rarely expect to be pulled over!  If you can make it dont have it,,,,,,,I wouldnt drive away from a despense with oil, tincture, medibles, only budds,,,,,repeat only Budds!  one more time,,,,ONLY BUDDS!

and no more than you are allowed!  heck if you can afford 2.5 oz's from a despense you need to find a c.g and let them make the cash legaly!

Peace

• 3 weeks later...

I want a cg but have not been able to find one to meet my needs or that was worth signing my grow rights away. Im always on the look out tho.

People rarely expect to be pulled over! If you can make it dont have it,,,,,,,I wouldnt drive away from a despense with oil, tincture, medibles, only budds,,,,,repeat only Budds! one more time,,,,ONLY BUDDS!

and no more than you are allowed! heck if you can afford 2.5 oz's from a despense you need to find a c.g and let them make the cash legaly!

Peace

You have to look!  I didnt just find mine sitting around lol!  well yea I met my first one here, I posted I needed a c.g!

He was more than useless, at the time I wasnt able to grow where I lived, I found a good c.g thru a few people I knew and was getting mmj from, actualy yea I started getting mm from my current c.g before I talked him into signing me.  It took a few months of getting to know each other and he finaly made it legal between us! 

mm is free in MI now dont ya know? :yahoo-wave:  :drinking-coffee:

I bet I have the best c.g in MI lol!

Peace

• 1 month later...

A friend with a cannabis garden is a friend indeed!

Bump;

Yes, this was true. But once money gets involved, friendship no longer matters. My CG told me around July 1st for the next round of meds. I haven't gotten any from him since March 19th.

Anyway, July 1st I call him to make sure everything is good. He says it is and he'll bring some over the following week. He texts me and I don't see it. He never called. So what happens? I finally get a hold of him and he tells me he won't be back until August 1st from vacation. He already told me he was selling the extra meds to a desp. So....I can go buy my own meds for $400.00 per ounce? WTF? He's making a fortune off of my card. He didn't pay any of my fees and he was supplying the little amount per month I needed. Not anymore. I'm on my own, I guess.

I've been using my meds very little, trying to make it last. But I'm almost out with no word from a friend of 15+ years. 12 plants X 2 ounces per plant? (conservative) 24 ounces. $200.00 per ounce? About $5000 every 10 weeks or so? And that's just one patient. 25 grand per year off of a single patient? That should pay for his grow and all his bills for the entire year. Or am I off base and it costs him more? I only use 1/8 oz per month of a few strains. He used to supple me with 1/4 ounce of 2 to 4 strains every couple of months. 1/2 to 1 ounce every 2 months. And...I would have some left over. Sad, if he had a bug infestation or mold, just say so. Don't leave me hanging.... (sounds like a blues song)

Edited by 33451Bruce

Bump;

Yes, this was true. But once money gets involved, friendship no longer matters. My CG told me around July 1st for the next round of meds. I haven't gotten any from him since March 19th.

Anyway, July 1st I call him to make sure everything is good. He says it is and he'll bring some over the following week. He texts me and I don't see it. He never called. So what happens? I finally get a hold of him and he tells me he won't be back until August 1st from vacation. He already told me he was selling the extra meds to a desp. So....I can go buy my own meds for $400.00 per ounce? WTF? He's making a fortune off of my card. He didn't pay any of my fees and he was supplying the little amount per month I needed. Not anymore. I'm on my own, I guess.

I've been using my meds very little, trying to make it last. But I'm almost out with no word from a friend of 15+ years. 12 plants X 2 ounces per plant? (conservative) 24 ounces. $200.00 per ounce? About $5000 every 10 weeks or so? And that's just one patient. 25 grand per year off of a single patient? That should pay for his grow and all his bills for the entire year. Or am I off base and it costs him more? I only use 1/8 oz per month of a few strains. He used to supple me with 1/4 ounce of 2 to 4 strains every couple of months. 1/2 to 1 ounce every 2 months. And...I would have some left over. Sad, if he had a bug infestation or mold, just say so. Don't leave me hanging.... (sounds like a blues song)

yeah, figures are off some, but your frustration is spot on!.

nothing is free, those plants are not and never were "yours", nor is the weight that they produce.

25k off each patient??? no, not really. be alot of work if one patient took delivery of 2.4 ounces of herb every week! many use less  an ounce a month....do the math now......

your guy is a commercial producer admittedly pimping/shilling with your permission, to sell commercially in trade for some monthly bud-no judgement here.

If you cant trust a criminal....who can you trust? :dodgyrun:

I discard more grade A bud than you even use, seriously, right to the bunnies, overages, extra, whatever you call it. we'd be good neighbors I think!

sorry to hear of these issues, but admit I hear them often. especially when patients start out with "free supply."  I hope you find a compassionate supplier soon.

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

yeah, figures are off some, but your frustration is spot on!.

nothing is free, those plants are not and never were "yours", nor is the weight that they produce.

25k off each patient??? no, not really. be alot of work if one patient took delivery of 2.4 ounces of herb every week! many use less  an ounce a month....do the math now......

your guy is a commercial producer admittedly pimping/shilling with your permission, to sell commercially in trade for some monthly bud-no judgement here.

If you cant trust a criminal....who can you trust? :dodgyrun:

I discard more grade A bud than you even use, seriously, right to the bunnies, overages, extra, whatever you call it. we'd be good neighbors I think!

sorry to hear of these issues, but admit I hear them often. especially when patients start out with "free supply."  I hope you find a compassionate supplier soon.

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

Yes, I've heard about folks thinking they "deserve" free meds just because they sign with a CG. I was never like that, I always offer some cash every time he brought some over. I always pay all the fees for my new card. (cheap, every 2 years) And I don't consider the plants as "mine" as in possession. I just meant meds he grew in my name, using me as his excuse and ability for 12 of his plants. After a while, he just told me he doesn't want/expect any cash from me. I don't care about the money...the pain relief I get from some of the strains isn't something I can put a price on. And he's been my CG for 3 years. I really think it's a bug and or a mold issue and he's too ashamed to tell me. And if is having problems with this? It's much, much better not to hook me up with nasty meds.

Criminal may be right. He uses his meds so I know he's not pawning off the nasty stuff on me. But I also know he's probably over the limits, in plants and in weight. But if his yield was high, I can't see him not holding out a few 1/8s for me. Again, mold or bugs may be why I saw no meds.

For example, as an experienced grower and CG, would you want a patient who uses so little or would they hinder your grow? If you had one and grew 12 plants for him of a fast strain, how many ounces could you get off of every plant? (just an estimate, I'm not trying to ask about details of your grow). And how much would be charged per 1/8 ounce per month? 3/8 is the most I ever need at once, usually 3 strains. And that 3/8 would easily last 2 months. A real lightweight.  : ) Butter is another story. I prefer it and a single cookie a day will last all day. A mason jar of butter is enough cookies to last me 4 to 6 weeks.

Other questions....what is a scope and does it show both bugs and mold? Or do you need to know what your looking for with mold? I have a black light already if that's needed. Suggestions for a accurate scope model and what does it cost? I'm thinking a disp. with quality meds may be better for me? Even if it costs more per gram, I didn't go into this trying or expecting to get free meds

Sorry for the rants and going OT everyone. I'm usually really mellow, unless we're discussing LEO. : )

Well, yes. We hang out several times a year. But he's a friend and I know he works long hours at his real job so I try not to bug him. And he also has a wife and son at home.

I was never one to pester people...lol

Talk to his wifey. Don't be a who-who.

Yes, I've heard about folks thinking they "deserve" free meds just because they sign with a CG. I was never like that, I always offer some cash every time he brought some over. I always pay all the fees for my new card. (cheap, every 2 years) And I don't consider the plants as "mine" as in possession. I just meant meds he grew in my name, using me as his excuse and ability for 12 of his plants. After a while, he just told me he doesn't want/expect any cash from me. I don't care about the money...the pain relief I get from some of the strains isn't something I can put a price on. And he's been my CG for 3 years. I really think it's a bug and or a mold issue and he's too ashamed to tell me. And if is having problems with this? It's much, much better not to hook me up with nasty meds.

Criminal may be right. He uses his meds so I know he's not pawning off the nasty stuff on me. But I also know he's probably over the limits, in plants and in weight. But if his yield was high, I can't see him not holding out a few 1/8s for me. Again, mold or bugs may be why I saw no meds.

For example, as an experienced grower and CG, would you want a patient who uses so little or would they hinder your grow? If you had one and grew 12 plants for him of a fast strain, how many ounces could you get off of every plant? (just an estimate, I'm not trying to ask about details of your grow). And how much would be charged per 1/8 ounce per month? 3/8 is the most I ever need at once, usually 3 strains. And that 3/8 would easily last 2 months. A real lightweight.  : ) Butter is another story. I prefer it and a single cookie a day will last all day. A mason jar of butter is enough cookies to last me 4 to 6 weeks.

Other questions....what is a scope and does it show both bugs and mold? Or do you need to know what your looking for with mold? I have a black light already if that's needed. Suggestions for a accurate scope model and what does it cost? I'm thinking a disp. with quality meds may be better for me? Even if it costs more per gram, I didn't go into this trying or expecting to get free meds

Sorry for the rants and going OT everyone. I'm usually really mellow, unless we're discussing LEO. : )

no apology necessary man, we all have cannabis woes to deal with. Its a new world out there, new rules too. I'm more paranoid now driving with supply than I was ten years ago!

Scope= microscope. could be as small and cheap as you wish or as big and expensive as you need. I have a little one from radio shack only used for initial trichome checks, but I love my celestron digi 41aCphHmImL._AC_US160_.jpgthough for any project. I can watch the hydraulic action in a fly's leg with liquid moving back and forth for example, or bacteria, cells, etc. It cost a couple hundies a few years ago.

I actually always have a spot like the one you describe open often, I keep it available, not for you, too far away sorry..  I dont know of fast growing plants except automatics, and their speed and quality is hit or miss.

A seed will take me an additional few weeks of veg time to grow to my liking before I flower her, which generally takes 60-70 days to finish.

If I veg a 9LB Hammer or instance, from seed for 45-60 days-trained under 18 inches tall, when it finishes in the flower room at around 5.5 feet tall and yields around 5 dried oz bud. I could train for more or less easily. More veg time = heavier yield. Alternatively an L.S.D. strain may only yield 2oz grown the same.

cloning saves me a few weeks veg time but thats insignificant in my scenario. I do clone often, form a clone, from a clone, and eventually refresh with a clean start tissue cultured selection(from my mother globs of undifferentiated dna) That takes months or years to establish, but once done a small baby food jar could produce around 1200 super start copies every month if someone needed that many.   some molds do fluoresce under black light. I have a permanent one mounted in my dedicated drying room for that purpose. never seen mold on my bud yet. A patient gave me a sample form his last cg to photograph, I'll look for it so you can see what mold looks like, and you can google the images too. mold could confuse the untrained eye, but once you see it.....it burns a pic in your eye.

I dont grow 12 plants for any patient really, especially if someone said they used very little. If I use up plant counts its for pheno hunting and excess gets fed to the bunnies.

I would not supply a patient with oil or medibles right now, but I  could show someone how to make their own of course.

I've always preserved this spot for the poorer patients that meet my criteria, and they dont get charged. Honestly, no patient ever gets a delivery that isnt already way over 1/8 extra gifted. 1/8 ounce is rolling tray fodder for me, dumped when its full, into a shaker, fireplace, or flung on the lawn. No way in heck am I going to roll up an old crusty ground supply when I have several delicious buds with fresh harvested flavors right there.

I collect $225 for a one ounce delivery. Near half that cost is possible when more is needed. As long as my grow costs are covered, and I can trade my time and labor for fresh buds, I am a happy caregiver. My patients love me and what I do. I reduce and expand my registry seasonally to allow for a funner retirement life with more me time. Many patients cycle in and out with me year after year with great understanding. I provide them with a fresh menu every other week, usually showing a half dozen new and cherished flavors for their choosing.  an "1/8th" is half of one bud on one branch on one plant. i dont cry when I break those accidentally, I used to though! lol

hope this helps

peace

Edited by grassmatch

Well, yes. We hang out several times a year. But he's a friend and I know he works long hours at his real job so I try not to bug him. And he also has a wife and son at home.

I was never one to pester people...lol

meh, move along. his actions speak louder than his supply. keep a good friend near, they're hard to find, but  cannabis.... thats  everywhere

please let him know the day you send in his removal so he can adjust his plant count for that pesky law.

meh, move along. his actions speak louder than his supply. keep a good friend near, they're hard to find, but  cannabis.... thats  everywhere

please let him know the day you send in his removal so he can adjust his plant count for that pesky law.

Oh yes, when he gets in trouble, I don't want it to be from me. His plant count has to be way over, as well as his dried, finished product.

And thank you for all of your help. I'll check out those sites.

I've never been to a dispensary. Do you just let them see your card? Mine has my CG name on it as the person providing meds. I wonder if that would make a difference?

I visited a dispensary one time. I walked in to sell my overages. They gladly slurped up joints of every jar and made me a generous offer for the lot. I noticed all were dirty, wore pistols on their hips and generally a confused bunch. I saw the their protocol and declined my sale and left. As a grower I was cautious about leaving my name and address with a group like these oglers. good thing too, they got mass raided, their "secure file cabinet" taken and contents to be used to target others.

As a patient I wouldnt be concerned though. I never entered another but I did get feedback from patients who used them before finding me.  some cool, some not so much. Some make copies of your card and some dont. They dont care who else supplies you. watch them weigh, be satisfied before you take possession of your purchase.

good luck, stay safe, choose a nice neighborhood. read reviews. avoid oils and medibles there for best results.

Bump;

I have a great c.g!  Now im not saying he dont cross the line, When we signed our deal was/is I get a plant about every 6 to 8 wks, Free of charge, I know mine goes to a farm market and sells overages, in fact he has sold his pt's mm and not had any left for his pt's (excluding me accept for one time) I was asked to help him at the farm market and in other ways to help him get some cash for his efforts!  I have donated cash, ballast's,fans, time, a snow mobile trailer and several other things over the almost 6 yrs we have been connected!  I get a full fresh cut plant, usualy when I go to get my meds he gives me a choice of several plants and strains, some times he has it in a big garbage bag for me ready to go when I get there!  I have never gotten less than 3 zips per plant, I dry them and cure them, he grows it and cuts it off at the dirt and gives it to me that day!

Im not going to call him a crook because he is using farm markets to make a living, honestly it is none of my biz what he does with his grow!

We have a deal, I have only ran out of meds 1 time in the yrs I have had him, I had to buy an oz from some one else, I gave my c.g half of it!

You are not off on 200 a zip, that is what he charges to his other pt's if they need more than what he gives them, all of his pt's get at least an oz a month for free!

He does that because he is making his cash back in the other ways I described,,,,,,,I sold mj when it was ilegal and before the law, so im not going to stand on my soap box and call him a crook because he choose's to do what he does!  in dec around the 18th, just last yr, he gave me two plants because it was christmas, I chose a pine apple chunk and a sputnick, I got 3 zips of cola's from the pine apple and 6 zips of cola's from the sputnick, plus probably close to 8 zips of sugar leaf and popcorn budds, which I make butter out of for me!

The way we do it def puts me over my limit so I have to do some planning and hiding of the overage amount I wind up with, I am a c.g to my ex on again off again lady! so that does help me with my overages a bit, I am allowed to have 2.5 for me and 2.5 for her and she can have 2.5, so that is almost 8 zips we can have between us, I have possesion of her plants but dont grow at this time, I have no need to, my c.g gets me enough for the both of us!

I see nothing wrong with pt's and c.g's coming to an agreement like we have, I also see nothing wrong with c.g's that dont give free meds to their pt's, Most people I know that have c.g's always wind up getting some free from their c.g, be it candy bars, or a little bit of a new strain so they can see if they like it!

I recieved a plant in june, It was green crack, I got 7 zips of cola's from that plant, I also wound up with around 6 zips of popcorn buds and sugar leaf for  butter or oil or what ever I choose to do with it!  I dont sell or give any of my meds away, my pt of course gets free meds from me and some medibles when ever I make them!

Talk to his wifey. Don't be a who-who.

His contract or what ever you want to call it is not between pt and wife of c.g!  It would be assinign to bug her about the mm biz!

I do not consider my c.g my friend!  in fact I cant stand talking to him for to long, he argues with a brick wall, he is the type of person I would not hang around with at all, we did try to be closer and do some camping with our family's together, It just isnt a good fit as far as being friends, even his lady dont like mine, she is a bit over weight my lady isnt and she is totaly jelious or at least acts like it,,,,in fact c.g told me and my lady that his wife is jelious and thinks he screws around on her, which he may, but again none of my biz lol!

Maybe we should make a thread about good c.g's!  It seems c.g's are always getting a bad rap, Like I said even though I dont consider mine a friend, he is an awsome grower and takes awsome professional care of me and the other pt's he has that I talk to!

Peace

I see nothing wrong with pt's and c.g's coming to an agreement like we have, I also see nothing wrong with c.g's that dont give free meds to their pt's, Most people I know that have c.g's always wind up getting some free from their c.g, be it candy bars, or a little bit of a new strain so they can see if they like it!

Correct. Whatever agreement you come up with would work. As long as both sides agree.

I really believe he had some type of bad grow. Whether it was bugs or mold, it makes no difference. No meds. And if he did just sell it all? There's nothing I can or will do about it and he knows it. We'll see what happens next time I talk to him. Thank You for your input.

Correct. Whatever agreement you come up with would work. As long as both sides agree.

I really believe he had some type of bad grow. Whether it was bugs or mold, it makes no difference. No meds. And if he did just sell it all? There's nothing I can or will do about it and he knows it. We'll see what happens next time I talk to him. Thank You for your input.

Garden city is my neck of the woods, feel free to pm me anytime.