Police Seize 20 Pounds Of Marijuana, Edibles From Owosso Dispensary

bobandtorey

on April 24, 2016 at 3:00 PM, updated April 24, 2016 at 3:08 PM

16377177-small.jpgMLive.com File Photo

SHIAWASSEE COUNTY, MI – Police seized 20 pounds of marijuana and other items after a search warrant was executed April 20 at a Shiawassee County dispensary.

Detectives with the Mid-Michigan Area Group Narcotics Enforcement Team, or MAGNET, entered the Owosso Relief Center, 102 E. Corunna Ave., around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 20 for allegedly operating outside of the state's Medical Marijuana Act.

Along with the pounds of processed marijuana seized, police also retrieved oils, wax, 300 vapor/e-cigarette cartridges, digital scales, sales packaging material, $2,500 in cash, stun gun, and 60 packages of edible candy/foods containing THC/marijuana.

Dispensaries are prohibited from the dispersal of edible, and a five-month long investigation of the facility had revealed sales had taken place, according to a MAGNET news release on the incident.

The enforcement team was assisted by Owosso and Michigan State Police. No arrests were made at the scene and the investigation regarding the dispensary is ongoing at this time.

Police said details will be forwarded on to the Shiawassee County Prosecutor's Office once their investigation is completed for further review regarding potential criminal charges. 

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/04/police_seize_20_pounds_of_mari.html

The arrests are a secondary consideration. The confiscations are what they want.

How much money did this raid put in their pockets?

If arrests come later the money will go to courts, drug treatment centers, slave labor for "community service" etc.

LEO doesn't care who, if anyone, gets a piece of the pie when they're through. They've got theirs

In the industry of the accused looking for people to support the cause. Not date for trial yet but will keep all posted. Need public support at every trial to show these blinded idiots that we the people are tired of being mandated by a few uneducated rulers.

Why?  you only sold to your 5 patients got my support.  Dispensary I don't think so.  Not that I have anything against them when an actual law or citizens initiative becomes law.  No empathy for those operating in the shadows pretending the medical act somehow backs them up giving the rest of us who follow the rules the negative connotations that come with dispensary's hiding behind the medical act.

I'm a caregiver. Not looking to debate. Not asking for anything other than people stopping the madness of all of this waste we call prohibition and stopping the demonizing of the plant we call cannabis. Fixing the legal system is probably something most business owners have little time for until you are faced with fighting the behemoth alone. And you will be alone if we all continue to bicker and banter about the details of our 2008 legislation that we all know to be flawed.

In the industry of the accused looking for people to support the cause. Not date for trial yet but will keep all posted. Need public support at every trial to show these blinded idiots that we the people are tired of being mandated by a few uneducated rulers.

If you could give us some details so we had a better idea of what happened perhaps we could be more helpful.

Will post the dates as they become available. Just had the preliminary today so waiting on circuit court to schedule. I should be posting in the proper thread though. This isn't my case. Just the first one I was able to post to since signing up via mobile had me a bit confused. I don't want to disrespect whoevers case this thread belongs to.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/50362-lake-orion-medical-marijuana-operation-leads-to-felony-charge/#entry554441

Be advised I cannot share details about the case but just ask for support by creating a strong public showing at the court dates.

America is about democracy and it only works when people force the issue.

Thanks and post in the above thread going forward out of respect for this thread.