Woman Who Ran Two Marijuana Dispensaries In Kent County Gets Jail, Lecture From Judge

bobandtorey

True, I guess you don’t have to go for top quality hydro depending on your condition. I know some people that grow in dirt and they have it for cheap, but that stuff doesn’t do much for me. I try to avoid the lower quality because it seems to flare up autoimmune conditions like arthritis more than it helps. I’ll probably have to sell some things and look for a good CG over the next couple of months.

Funny thing is the CG I mentioned only had 2 patients which is about the 1.8 average. I have a feeling the 5 patient CGs are providing dispensaries with the bulk of their supply. Though I don’t have a problem with CGs selling to whoever as long as they take care of their patients first. The only issue I have with that is the negative image it puts on the MMMA, especially with LEO claiming the whole thing is a sham.

Funny thing is the CG I mentioned only had 2 patients which is about the 1.8 average. I have a feeling the 5 patient CGs are providing dispensaries with the bulk of their supply.

could be, you never know. I dont feel the drivers driving the posted speed limit are running away from something illegal>lol

Breeding programs? seed production? pheno hunting? plant size? plant yields? garden failures?garden habits? all good reasons for varying plant numbers

I sometimes have five patients, sometimes not, its alot of work for me to supply even three. I often keep my numbers in my veg room , not my flower room. when I desire another patient I can simply place more plants into the flower room cycle if needed.

My patients dont find me by accident. They've been with other caregivers in the past. They've learned the differences, and know exactly what they want now. they know the caregivers who are trying real hard for their patients to keep up, with supply, quality, strain diversity and promises of upcoming improvements. Its really discouraging for the needy patient and the connoisseur as well. They know some growers are doing it and some not so much. Locating a proper CG is an issue, just like locating a proper patient can be for caregivers. Lara makes it a real pita for us to begin supplying/receiving proper meds.

I do not sell outside of my registry. I rarely maintain five patients, but always consider my options. I keep my vegging plants all topped neatly and at the ready for requests. I can offer sometimes 25 choices to my patients menu 70 days ahead of time, and do this often. I grow exactly what they want all the time. I've got menu requests through the winter holidays already, and a waiting list of a few patients for the season change. I can cycle my snow bird patients in and out of my registry every year. This gives me the opportunity to keep my plant counts, favorite strains going. I always have summer/winter choices. some patients can make 2.5 ounces last all season, some need more often. It gets easier and easier for me to satisfy patients. I've met many over the years and most stay in touch with me via email, lots of my genetics spread all over, in medical gardens of past patients. Breeding programs? seed production? pheno hunting?

Once a grower, you realize some important info. One is that more plants does not equal more cannabis. I may have my limits in the rooms, but they are all at very different stages of growth, some cuttings, some clones, some rooted and some not. some in cups pre vegging some in gallon bags vegging it up. A few are kept at intervals in the flower room, depending on menu requests. I dont get surprised deliveries. All of my patients pre schedule every delivery, sometimes months ahead of time. my snow birds returning will be in my registry soon, and they've made their requests, already in motion. One couple will arrive this Wednesday evening and pick up  supply the next morning, talk about convenience.

this type of service requires strict interviewing/rules. Nope, I dont often have a gram a week person around. Nope, no fly by night working stiffs, no squirrelly freaks, only cool , calm , past professionals, hippies, retired people, just like me. they have needs similar to mine, will not compromise quality, only are interested in the best cannabis varieties, and are a pleasure to be around. Not by accident, but hard work.

A legal number of plants is a poor indicator of lawlessness. We should support those who follow the law.

peace

?

That makes no sense to me.

It is because smoke causes some autoimmune diseases to immediately flare up (like rheumatoid arthritis), while cannabinoids produce anti-inflammatory effects. If using 3% THC meds I’ll have to inhale 4x – 9x more smoke to get the same dose. The same thing happens if I occasionally smoke a cigarette, my hands/joints become red and start to burn; although overall the pain is reduced if I get enough THC. So it’s kind of a balancing act until I can afford to vap. The higher quality stuff doesn’t seem to cause any flare ups and usually has longer lasting symptom relief.

I've heard people say you can grow just as good in dirt, but I have not seen it personally. Typically very few tricomes compared to high quality hydro.

I'm not sure if your using that 3% thc due to that the dosage you want, but dirt or hydro, either way most plants produce at least 10% unless designed for more cbd than thc,.. I know from lab testing I grow pretty consistant 16-21 %  depending on genetics.. Hydro or soil can and should produce top quality meds. Hydro is a just another way to grow. I did both, but then went to hydro, for the ease of working in hydro. Its more time consuming and less resistant to sudden changes, so it can be way more delicate than soil. But either way both ways produce excellent quality. It's just a choice of methodology. And who is growing it. :) I would think most growers have equal thc contents. 

Edited by Willy

It is because smoke causes some autoimmune diseases to immediately flare up (like rheumatoid arthritis), while cannabinoids produce anti-inflammatory effects. If using 3% THC meds I’ll have to inhale 4x – 9x more smoke to get the same dose. The same thing happens if I occasionally smoke a cigarette, my hands/joints become red and start to burn; although overall the pain is reduced if I get enough THC. So it’s kind of a balancing act until I can afford to vap. The higher quality stuff doesn’t seem to cause any flare ups and usually has longer lasting symptom relief.

I've heard people say you can grow just as good in dirt, but I have not seen it personally. Typically very few tricomes compared to high quality hydro.

You wont be able to discern the differences between the two, high quality hydro/high quality dirt, until maybe you grow your own both ways. really, they are just methods of nutrient delivery. count on a plant to do it naturally, or force feed it with chelators and basal salts. you either count on fungi and compost to provide for the plant or you break it down and feed it straight. Both produce swelled oil filled trichomes every time. one flood grow rooms, one never does. sorry you had bad dirt experience, its an exception though, not the rule.

Higher Quality = More active ingredients, and less vegetable material

Lower Quality = less active ingredients and more vegetable material

If I smoke low quality marijuana my body feels badly too. Especially if I smoke until I am pain free. This is why I grow my own, exclusively. many of my patients have come to me claiming they use a couple ounces per month, only to find they need substantially less, now, using my supply.

Be cautious developing any opinions on these matters for now, until you can truly be properly supplied or better yet until you grow your own. I had all kinds of marijuana misconceptions until my first harvest too.

Hmm maybe they were doing something wrong then. We tried comparing dirt versus hydro in the same room and it came out 2/3 the size with smaller buds and less tricomes; that was when the CG was nuking the hydro plants with too many chems (~3 - 5%), and after fixing that the hydro was significantly better (10 - 15%). The other one I know has a closed tent, CO2, 400W HPS, ect that seems pretty efficient but still was producing mediocre buds with several strains (5 – 10% THC). I prefer stuff in the 15 – 25% range and even managed to pick up a sample of 28% from Ann Arbor a couple weeks ago.

I’m sure you could get higher THC in dirt if you have enough light and everything else is right, although hydro should help deliver nutrients more efficiently. They claim 10%-20% faster growth with greater yields, but I’m not 100% sure about potency (on avg it should be somewhat higher though). I’ve always heard that dirt provides more flavor which I kind of agree with. If your using a cheap dirt setup with a few CFL however I don’t think your going to be getting anything amazing. Maybe 3 - 7% range but I could be wrong depending on genetics. I generally think genetics are on the same level as efficient lighting and proper nutrients, followed by temperature/humidity and growing medium.

Edited by Alphabob

you seem so smart in most of your other post's,,,,,,,,,this one is just plain rediculious!

I dont understand the part of a balancing act untill you can afford to vape?  vapiing last longer than smoking any othe way, the only thing that last longer for me are medibles!

If it is the vape you cant afford, they have vapes that work realy well for 50 bucks, if you spend 50 bucks and vape most of your meds it will last longer and you can use the vaped mm for making some edibles or put it in capsules, there is still plenty of meds in it after vaping!

wow,,,,,,,,was this thread just a blip for you, or are  you finaly running out of things you read about mm?

Peace

you seem so smart in most of your other post's,,,,,,,,,this one is just plain rediculious!

I dont understand the part of a balancing act untill you can afford to vape?  vapiing last longer than smoking any othe way, the only thing that last longer for me are medibles!

If it is the vape you cant afford, they have vapes that work realy well for 50 bucks, if you spend 50 bucks and vape most of your meds it will last longer and you can use the vaped mm for making some edibles or put it in capsules, there is still plenty of meds in it after vaping!

wow,,,,,,,,was this thread just a blip for you, or are  you finaly running out of things you read about mm?

Peace

Well I've been significantly sleep deprived/hungover for the last 2 days due to bday so I wouldn't doubt it, but I've also had bad experiences with soil and some negatives with vaps in the past. I know there are debates on both sides but that's just been my experience up to now. I have one of the wooden box vaps with temperature setting but the heating coil died a couple years ago and I never replaced it. The only real negative I had is that they seemed to consume a lot more bud than simply smoking it, which wasn't an issue for me several years ago. I suppose if you reuse the bud afterwards the waste wouldn't be as bad or perhaps even more efficient overall. I know a significant amount of CBD doesn't get released until around 440F so that is probably one of the reasons why. Relative to the extract/oil ones the budtenders I have talked to indicated I would probably end up spending 50%-100% more over just flower. What I meant by balancing act was just in regards to the pro-inflammatory effects of smoke versus the anti-inflammatory effects of the cannabinoids. Growing in dirt and modern vaps are two of my least knowledgeable subjects however so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Edited by Alphabob

Norby,

What difference does it make if 100% of dispensaries want to end home grows or only 25%? The political spokesman for them do. Those are the ones who drive this shite through the legislature.

There are probably good dispensaries and bad. It doesn't matter to me. I don't care if they exist or not, same for farmers markets.

But I'm not going to fight for the rights of a group who is actively trying to take away mine.

I can appreciate that you might have difficulty finding what you want since you're new to the area, but it really shouldn't be that hard. In the 45 years I've been using cannabis it's never been all that hard to find, in other cities or in other countries.

I'm not giving up my legal rights to make things more convenient for you.

(Make some friends here in Michigan, join a bowling league or something, it'll make it easier to find what you need.)

PS. I haven't bought or sold anything for years so I have no stake in where they get it or who they sell it to.

That's exactly what I mean by divide and conquer.  Don't think about anyone but yourself.  That's what got us into this mess.  If the first bills would've gone thru it would've been cg and dispenses, one supplying the other with overages, but since you guys and gals have been gung ho against the dispenses since day 1 you have made a self fulfilling prophecy. Now it IS the dispense lobby taking over.  Did you go an crucify Norml or any of the other orgs that spoke for you the patient when they were out of line?  But you expect every dispense to stick their neck out and speak against the dispense lobby?  Great logic.

I am really glad you guys realize that because you guys can do it everyone should be able to.  Good attitude.  But for "us" to win we need to accomodate others.  Can't you see that it's these "choices" they give you that frame teh decision you make.  Make your own option, none of the above till it includes the most people it could help.

And for the record, I don't need anything from dispenses, I just drop off samples there.  This is strictly because i stick up for others rights.  i don't just think I've got mine so I'm not sticking up for others anymore or I'm only sticking up for people who are like me.

I have this exact vape, I bought like 6 of them when they were 30 bucks a peice on ebay, I gave 4 of them away brand new to people who wanted to vape but didnt have one, I also purchased the vape 1 which blows up balloons (i made a garbage bag for it) you can fill the balloons it comeswith like 4 times, so I just made a bigger one with a garbage bag  (dont use the bag inside a box of wine if your not careful you will burn up your vape)  so for 130 bucks 6 yrs ago, I had my easy vape,^^ pic up top^^nd my vapir one, not only does the vapir one fill bags for vaping, it also has a whip, a gas mask available, you can get that baby going and just put the tube around your neck with a shoe lace or similar and just sit there and breath in the vape, the fan has 3 possitions low, med. high, I realy enjoy it,

the easy vape above in pic, I turn it on I set it at like 311 and by the time I have a ciggerette it is ready to use, I put it upside down, that way the heating element is straight and not leaning down, if it is upwards your mm can fall down and get burned by the heating element, upside down it is flat and straight and you get absolutly no burning of the mm. beleive me it is well worth what they cost now, I have had mine for many yrs now, it is sitting right on my computer desk as we speak heating up!

Peace

edit= happy late birthday alphabob!

Edited by phaquetoo

I am really glad you guys realize that because you guys can do it everyone should be able to.  Good attitude.  But for "us" to win we need to accomodate others.  Can't you see that it's these "choices" they give you that frame teh decision you make.  Make your own option, none of the above till it includes the most people it could help.

And for the record, I don't need anything from dispenses, I just drop off samples there.  This is strictly because i stick up for others rights.  i don't just think I've got mine so I'm not sticking up for others anymore or I'm only sticking up for people who are like me.

back in the day when the law just started minorml was not for mm, they would actualy kinda interupt our protests, they didnt care about pt's or c.g's, they only cared about legal mj!  we were not always on the same team, I was a member of norml the first yr of my mm program, and beleive me they were not talking good about mm laws!

that was in the beginning, I only paid dues for one yr and didnt stay with the group!

Peace