Recent News Story Re Cg Grow

Indigro

Just saw this at 5:30 on ch4 news re a sterling heights grow, it is pretty negative, from the perspective of being good neighbors and all...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/legal-marijuana-grow-house-has-sterling-heights-neighbors-angry

Basically, guy moves into a nice neighborhood last sept, 200 yards (or ft?) from a day care, puts up 3 outside ac condensers, sucks the local transformer dry at night, and open vents out into the neighborhood. Neighbors claim local cops cant do anything...? They'v got a pair of 50's moms giving accounts of the problem. Its not a good piece for cg home grows, as it will garner local sympathies from all the non-growers... And quite frankly, a cg should be better at this.

Im a little pissed at the guy for sure. Come on folks, esp any of newbies that might be visiting this site, pull something out of somewhere, will ya?

I can absolutely guarantee that my grow would fit electrical and fire inspections. Call me paranoid, but when it comes to something like this I can't see how trying to cut corners is in any way a safe bet. The guy could at least spring for some charcoal filters for the smell.

someone knows who this guy is...his home address, his first name.  the occasion is ripe for us to gather in front of his house carrying protest signs, notify the media, have tv news vans and publicly shame him.   at the least we reset the balance and be seen as responsive to growers who are not good neighbors. but you know what? none of us will do anything constructive, thus reinforcing the 'regulate home grows out of existence' peeps.

please peeps who have cars and gas, prove me wrong.

Edited by pic book

So are we to believe  the words of the anti cannabis  neighbors here if the guy is within the law and if he is running massive minisplits are we to believe that he cant afford carbon filters seriously?

Dont believe everything you see on  tv this sounds fishy to me no caregiver with that kind of coin to run such a high end cooling system would surely not address the odor problem it makes no sense  hes either stupid or we are not getting the truth here .

do they know if this fire was started by making bho or was it wired wrong for the grow they said was in there?

Man I cant imagine any one living that was inside of that area when it blasted off!

Peace

looks like a grow mess to me. I wonder if someone, even a dummy, would open blast butane cans inside of their grow room. My bet is natural gas leak/phunny wiring.

I hope everyone heals quickly.

yes I know some one that wanted me to blast in his grow room, he said the fans would get rid of the fumes, bawahahahahahahaha!

I usualy do it in my camper, I unhook the power, I turn off all the gas, and I disconnect the battery, nothing can work or spark when I do that,  I had left my camper at my pops house last summer, and I had a buch to make some bho, my c.g of all people said come do it in my g.r!   for a guy who thinks he is so smart I could not beleive my ears, and he argued with me saying his fans or lights wouldnt cause explosion!

Like I have said, me and my c.g are not friends, we totaly are not friends, we have a business relationship and that is it, he grows awsome smoke, but when he trys to make his own bho most likely I will have to find a new c.g, he may not survive the explosion!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

whats the reason to avoid an open blast outdoors?

instead of using my camper that is safe, umm bugs and sh it flying into my extraction, I have done it out side, and I couldnt keep stuff from falling in it, you know nature, If I can do it on a comfortable seat and table, while I ventelate it well, what is wrong with doing it the way I do?

I have been doing this for yrs, I used to do it in a shed, I cant fit in my shed I have to much sheet in their, and in my camper I can lock the door and no one can suprise me, it is totaly safe in the place I do it, or I guess you would be writing a ghost right now lol!

Peace

instead of using my camper that is safe, umm bugs and sh it flying into my extraction, I have done it out side, and I couldnt keep stuff from falling in it, you know nature, If I can do it on a comfortable seat and table, while I ventelate it well, what is wrong with doing it the way I do?

I have been doing this for yrs, I used to do it in a shed, I cant fit in my shed I have to much sheet in their, and in my camper I can lock the door and no one can suprise me, it is totaly safe in the place I do it, or I guess you would be writing a ghost right now lol!

Peace

no worries, just wondering if I was missing something about the outdoors....nature wasnt considered strangely.

I did it on the back porch, left the glass pan in the open garage, covered with a grease splatter screen. I was worried about a chicken tipping it over....

no worries, just wondering if I was missing something about the outdoors....nature wasnt considered strangely.

I did it on the back porch, left the glass pan in the open garage, covered with a grease splatter screen. I was worried about a chicken tipping it over....

lmao

Thank You for starting my day out in a funny awsome way!  Peace bro, I have a ton to do before it rains tonite!

edit= Thanks for a good idea, shoot I can even use a window screen over the glass pan to keep nature out!

of course I wouldnt blast thru the screen but I would put it on in between filling my extractors!,  I usualy do 2 cases of butane, so yea it takes me a few and it is nice to be comfy, I cant stand in one place for over a minute or my arms and legs go totaly numb, like they fall asleep!

:blow-a-heart:  :bong2:  :butt2:  :drinking-coffee:  :yahoo-wave:  :kfu:

Edited by phaquetoo

lmao

,  I usualy do 2 cases of butane, so yea it takes me a few and it is nice to be comfy, I cant stand in one place for over a minute or my arms and legs go totaly numb, like they fall asleep!

:blow-a-heart:  :bong2:  :butt2:  :drinking-coffee:  :yahoo-wave:  :kfu:

Um, two cases of butane in a camper open blasting, and you wonder why your arms and legs are going totally numb..... :bong7bp:

If you know wtf you are doing, I would say 98%!

Peace

I have auto extinguishers in both rooms right above the ballasts and had a electrician run heavy gauge wiring to all of my high power growing areas only run the T5s on the existing home wiring I learned early on once I started popping breakers that I had to invest more into my grow area to keep the lights on and be safe.

Personally, I do not understand this type of marijuana processing, why do people WANT to take a CHANCE on blowing themselves up, I also would be concerned about butane residue??????? Might as well get yuorself some hexane( the stuff that is used to chemically extract soybean oil from the beans) , not nearly as explosive from what I read, but I do not know for sure. How about just some heat and pressure to make an extract, in our house we just use coconut oil and ingest it. I'm old and just do not get it?????

Farmer Brown

Personally, I do not understand this type of marijuana processing, why do people WANT to take a CHANCE on blowing themselves up, I also would be concerned about butane residue??????? Might as well get yuorself some hexane( the stuff that is used to chemically extract soybean oil from the beans) , not nearly as explosive from what I read, but I do not know for sure. How about just some heat and pressure to make an extract, in our house we just use coconut oil and ingest it. I'm old and just do not get it?????

Farmer Brown

a few different reasons I can think of. One is recycling unwanted buds/trim, reducing weight. hexane will blow up as easy as butane. N-Butane, at the top of the distiller, is the purest solvent one can achieve, food grade, and been used in food packaging for a hundred years. cooking sprays, shaving creams are some other uses as a propellant. Matching a polar solvent to its target is the way to proper extraction. Nbutane perfectly targets 100% of the active ingredients in cannabis leaves/flowers. Nbutane is very predictable regardless what you may read. It reacts the exact same way, to the exact same temperatures, facilitating a 100% removal with little to no heat. the heat of your hands is capable of removing 100% of the nbutane and leaving only pure active ingredients behind.

In a closed loop system there are no hisses or pops, no smells escaping. 100% of the Nbutane can be used over and over with a proper reclaim. Using heat in the extraction process can remove terpenes and other active ingredients. IN a closed loop system there is no butane in the air ever. google closed loop extracter and you can see the system live, or Tamisium, a fine instrument.

curling irons and hydraulic presses work too, sort of, alcohol works, olive oil works, coconut oil works, dry sifting, hash bags, hand rubbed charas. Not too long ago forums were instructing in the use of rice cookers and naptha to make the oil. Different extractoins produce different results. Depending on end use, personal choices, they all can be performed safely and produce a fine end result.

I agree, people should not play with magic they do not understand. Its tough to keep a kid from flicking a bic, or an explorer from cracking open a code, or a dimwit from toking while evaporating butane in the garage, with a sterno can even. stupid can be fixed.  These processes are age old, I saw them near a half century ago. more people got more dumber I think.