Environment Controller?

Smallbiz

they all do the same thing, some with internal timer(NO) and others use an external timer of your choice to flip the relays.

I've used C.A.P. controllers since day one with no issues.

I have a four light controller I would let go for 50$, unused now, replaced with an 8 light controller. New ones are about double. I wired my CAP4 to my

thermostat in my office(220) then disconnected when I built my rooms. My CAP controller requires a 50 amp circuit, no biggy i my 200 amp service.

I use a Timex (outdoor, covered) controller(depot, 25$) to control the controller(lol) , since the beginning with no failures.

I use a C.A.P. Air 3 controller with CO2, Temp. and Humidity sensors with a Photocell controller. I'm currently not using the CO2 option. It has three outlets - one for co2. It controls my intake/exhaust fans and does a good job of keeping the temp and humidity where I set them, though I had to play around with the temp/hum settings as the probe doesn't read accurately. (I purchased my unit used, so the probe many have been previously damaged.)

Greners is running a special right now for $149.00. http://www.greners.com/i/meters-timers/controllers/brand/cap-controllers/cap-air-3-co2-temp-and-humidity-with-photocell-controller.html

What do YOU use to control the environment such a heat/cool/humidity/co2(burner)?

I have really small equipment.

like I said "I've used C.A.P. controllers since day one with no issues."

my heat is 220 baseboard heaters controlled by digital thermostats, one for veg one in flower.

dehumidifier is plugged into the CAP controller, equipped with a sensor

My CAP controller has a c02 option but I use a normal c02 sensor/controller n conjunction with an on/off/day/night timer, plugged in to my burner.

I dont add humidity

Sounds good thank you for the input. I'm setting up a bigger grow this summer and am looking for ideas as I'm framing the walls now.

put lots of thought into your flooring, its going to get wet, dirty, and worse over time.

what a waste of time it was for me to cover the walls in panda film. reflective surface was awesome in a tight tents though. I'd skip the hoods next time, let the bulbs hang or use cheap wings. If using soil keep a suitable work space in mind, and waste management too.  odor control is important, I use giant Phresh filters with always on fans circulating the scrubbed air 24/7 between the two rooms.

be safe, have fun, enjoy

I have been using tents for 2 years now in an attic room, with no controls just some timers and window ac, no co2, no outside air other than a window and fan. I've been able to provide myself with a suficiant amount, running perpetual. But am ready to up grade to the basement( actually the wife gave me the ok ). It is unfinished and stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter pretty constant. I have great genetics, trying to focus on environment, and automation.

Autopilot makes a nice controller, same guts as the sentinel and titan brands just depends on what color you want. I have few of them and have had no problems with them. Well a commercial dehuey trips the breaker on the unit but a relay box fixed that issue.

Sounds good thank you for the input. I'm setting up a bigger grow this summer and am looking for ideas as I'm framing the walls now.

I have been using tents for 2 years now in an attic room, with no controls just some timers and window ac, no co2, no outside air other than a window and fan. I've been able to provide myself with a suficiant amount, running perpetual. But am ready to up grade to the basement( actually the wife gave me the ok ). It is unfinished and stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter pretty constant. I have great genetics, trying to focus on environment, and automation.

Be sure to keep the pots off the floor. If you don't have a table or tray buy a sheet of 1" 4x8 styrofoam or keep a gap of an inch or so between the bottom of the pot and the floor. Even if the room air is at the right temp, the floor may be quite cold in the winter. Canabis roots don't like anything lower than 68° or so.

Be sure to keep the pots off the floor. If you don't have a table or tray buy a sheet of 1" 4x8 styrofoam or keep a gap of an inch or so between the bottom of the pot and the floor. Even if the room air is at the right temp, the floor may be quite cold in the winter. Canabis roots don't like anything lower than 68° or so.

very good point there, an often over looked aspect in the grow room. when i moved into my home years ago the attic came with dozens of huge bags of packing peanuts. these served me well over the years. After framing the floor over the moisture barrier I filled the gaps with peanuts and capped it with my wood flooring/linoleum.

The link on the top is for dec-4, and the second one is for the CHH4i and is twice as much as the older CHH4, and does the same. I'm looking for the regular CHH4 for $250-350and I don't know where you paid $700 OMG the one on the link you posted is only $471.

Edited by Smallbiz

Plants will transpire 98 percent of water a day. 8 pints per gallon, so make sure u size your dehue accordingly. As well as getting a lot of hydrostatic pressure pushing through the basement walls resulting in extra water your dehue will have to manage. Preferable to have a smaller off the shelf dehue outside of your room in the main part of the basement, with a larger more capable dehue in the actual room 120 pint plus. Size will again depend on how much water you are throwing at the plants a day. Adding an actual humidifier is a nice feature to maintain proper VPD during lights on, but the water has to be super clean and unit maintained because you can get spots on your leaves from calcium or whatever is in the humidifier/vaporizer water. Btu's per 1k light is like 4500 to size your a/c.