Mich Office Of The Auditor General Investigating Lara's Mmj Program

t-pain

they might be in trouble. seems the wait time is unnecessary maybe, and this whole mailing papers back and forth is ancient technology. stream lining just those two areas would dramatically increase their efficiency. when someone is in need of medication anywhere a doctor doesnt make a patient wait days, or months before relief can be offered for instance.

and btw, how are we supposed to digest this whole visiting from another state guy, who needs meds today while visiting loved ones??  wtf was that all about?

Maybe if they streamline the process LARA could charge less for registration. Then their wouldn't be as big of surplus to give to LEO to "educate". I don't know.

They already reduced it  from $100 for a 1 year card to $50 for a 2 year card but added a $25 background check for caregivers.

the cost to register sorta stings me a bit in the mind, but only lightly. I feel bad for those disabled and poor, again, they have to decide between symptom relief and food, thats B.S. The thought that our registration fees actually pay for the senseless attacks they lodge against us really pizzes me off, on many levels, you know what...........

, Phuk those fees, I changed my mind. its a set up, I can hear it, but choose to ignore it.

"hide the list from LEO(yeah, right) make 'em pay for their own demise, make 'em hate, make 'em separate...watch, we'll even get them to vote against legalization one day soon !!" :dodgyrun:

Could this just be a maneuver to shut those pesky medical marijuana patients up? Maybe make them think that someone really cares about what LARA is doing with the MMM Program's money?

I don't know, but I certainly would believe that the Snyder administration is willing and able to do something like that. I hate politicians.

What really pizzes me off is the recent news article about Oakland county cops getting MMMA grant money and that they would do "knock and talks" with MMJ growers. It's ridiculous. I'd far rather they go door-to-door and look for opiates or alcohol not locked-up so kids can't get it. Despite the alcohol and opiate problem we are seeing, I still can't see myself supporting such random compliance checks. What's next? Cops showing up at your door and wanting to search your house in the hope of finding something illegal?

What really pizzes me off is the recent news article about Oakland county cops getting MMMA grant money and that they would do "knock and talks" with MMJ growers. It's ridiculous. I'd far rather they go door-to-door and look for opiates or alcohol not locked-up so kids can't get it. Despite the alcohol and opiate problem we are seeing, I still can't see myself supporting such random compliance checks. What's next? Cops showing up at your door and wanting to search your house in the hope of finding something illegal?

Well you  do know that the majority of medical marijuana patients in Oakland county are just stoners hiding behind the Medical marijuana law

(SARCASM)

With that type of mentality there is no reasoning with Boochard and his goons he would lock up confirmed cancer patients and deny them their medicine until they withered away and died and actually feel justified doing so. :butt2:

If only we had that whole Michigan Medical Marihuana Fund to pay for new technology and employees. Oh wait… its being raided by local and county police agencies to buy toys, ‘educate’ the public, or run compliance checks on caregivers. We are going to have major problems if they keep draining this fund. Who knows how much future upgrades will cost or other expenses from new laws. It’s only going to increase registration fees in the long run. Working on a complaint.

at least the cops told us they were going to do this before we gave them money instead of stealing it.

I see a trend in our country. We always have cash support for everything we hate, government, military, marijuana jailing, school officials stealing, mayors fleecing,

never ends. Its like a set up, we pay money to support all of the injustices taking place. we set our selves up over and over. I wonder if we'll ever stop voting for the same politicians we dont want to win. only in America, living the dream, just like a dream

Edited by grassmatch

The problem started with the war on drugs, then went downhill due to the economy and war on terror. Everyone from drug task forces to child protective services depend on federal bonuses based upon their performance. So if there isn’t crime they have to create it, or violate privacy rights to discover ongoing crimes. It’s the whole reason they want to do ‘compliance checks’ and educate the public about how to ‘interpret’ the law.

Yea the legislature gave them permission to use some grant money, but only for the operation and oversight of the MMMP; our legislature and gov has cost us >$1 billion due to Flint so what do you expect. The law also says that they need to provide support for their use of the funds, not just what they purchased. Many of the items are clearly not related to MMMP, so I’m wondering why this isn’t being audited also?