Federal Officials Raid Three Lansing Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

bobandtorey

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) – Federal officials raid three Lansing medical marijuana dispensaries and now those tied directly to the business are speaking out.

The moves comes after state police and the FBI raided several locations of HydroWorld Tuesday.

And it comes just days before Lansing City Council considers a moratorium on medical marijuana shops in Lansing.

6 News was there when federal, state and local officials carried out marijuana plants, supplies, personal belongings and cash from three Lansing medical marijuana shops Tuesday.

“Initially when I got there I thought they were robbed. I didn’t know they were robbed by the FBI said Trisha Burch.

It’s an experience HydroWorld vendor Trisha Burch says she will never forget.

“Everyone that was inside the building, was in handcuffs on the floor,” said Burch.

6 News spoke with the DEA about the raids.

Agency officials confirm they executed federal search warrants to seize paraphernalia and medical marijuana at three different HydroWorld locations on Cedar Street.

“It’s like a catch 20-20 you can be legal you can be legal but we can take it from you we can prosecute you anytime,” said Burch.

HydroWorld owner Danny Trevino says he was surprised how authorities dealt with his pot business.

“To me they could have handled it a little better. go after it civilly like a public nuisance instead of criminally,” said Trevino.

So what’s next for HydroWorld?

“I’m going to stay in the business man. This is what I do. This is all I know.” said Trevino.

Trevino says the raids won’t drive him out of business.

http://wlns.com/2016/05/04/federal-officials-raid-three-lansing-medical-marijuana-dispensaries/

the justice dept just dropped the harborside case in california. where the local city had licensing with the dispensary (even if the cali supreme court said dispensaries could be banned).

seems very similar to dispensaries in michigan, with local cities sometimes approving of them.

looks like fbi didnt get the memo

Wow, now they are shaking down Lansing.

It's election year and I suppose that might be some of the reason?

They should know by now that Danny will fight back.

Terrorizing patients, handcuffing them and making them lay on the floor is inexcusable.

smdh.

I agree Danny will fight back and has been for some time i think he is fighting other case's as well but this time it won't work out as well Imho

Whoa!  it's on!

That "feds only raid 1% of marijuana offenders a year" is off to a good start this year. the feds have flexed, pay close attention. 

Who, in their right mind, would open a dispensary this moment? Who would continue to operate  their cash cow after this?  brave souls, paving the way?  

good luck to their families and coworkers.

sad day

I do not know Danny personally and my following statement is not in support nor un-supporting of his business.

His name has been synonymous w/ cannabis around these parts for as long as I can remember.

He offered grow classes for free, for a couple years then charged $25 for the classes.

I got my 1st. certification at his shop, and my most recent one also.  Same doc.

At an event I attended last summer he was speaking about how to open a cannabis business.

I asked him what would be his #1 piece of advise to those who want to enter the "industry".

He said capitol.  There are slow days to be considered as Lansing is saturated... and of course, possible raids. 

I may not agree with how the some of the dispensaries are trying to undermine home grows.

I am however glad there are folks like Danny w/ brass (and cash) to fight back.