Hillman Man Charged With Tax Evasion, Failing To File Tax Returns

bobandtorey

A Northern Michigan man is being charged for evading paying taxes on money he made from marijuana dispensaries.

The U.S. Justice Department is accusing Robert Samp, of Hillman, of purposely not paying the taxes.

It says Samp willfully evaded federal taxes on money he made from his "Michigan Medical Marijuana Factory" and marijuana dispensaries.

The agency says he didn't pay anything between 2009 and 2011, a total of half a million dollars in taxable income.

Samp is charged with two counts tax evasion and one count of failing to file a tax return

http://www.9and10news.com/story/31754810/hillman-man-charged-with-tax-evasion-failing-to-file-tax-returns#.VxaKWfeuOLk.facebook

Wouldnt paying federal taxes be an admission of guilt? How can you pay taxes on something that is illegal on the fed level lol

I know of a couple of people that have been audited for their cg income. No charges, the irs wants money, they don't arrest people on drug charges, not their job. I would rather take my chances paying taxes and trying to be as legitimate as possible.

Do you think shops in CO, CA, OR, WA are not paying taxes?

I know of a couple of people that have been audited for their cg income. No charges, the irs wants money, they don't arrest people on drug charges, not their job. I would rather take my chances paying taxes and trying to be as legitimate as possible.

"audited for their cg income" ?

are you sure it was for their "cg income"?  Its not income right?  dispensary operators?   how did the irs know anything about any cg income?   what were the cg's buying/depositing?

pleas ask those cg's how I can make enough money legally helping a few patients, to be noticed by the irs. thank you

"audited for their cg income" ?

are you sure it was for their "cg income"?  Its not income right?  dispensary operators?   how did the irs know anything about any cg income?   what were the cg's buying/depositing?

pleas ask those cg's how I can make enough money legally helping a few patients, to be noticed by the irs. thank you

That ^^

I agree but workers do get charged and put thought the system Taxes are the least of what is to come out

yep, kinda risky today to seek employment at a dispensary these days you think? we have years and years of dispensary raids and arrest to learn from. It aint right, but it is obvious, to some.  Selling drugs has always been a dangerous affair, nothing has changed.

yep, kinda risky today to seek employment at a dispensary these days you think? we have years and years of dispensary raids and arrest to learn from. It aint right, but it is obvious, to some.  Selling drugs has always been a dangerous affair, nothing has changed.

Thanks 

I disagree to  the nothing has changed part Imho lot's of things have changed because back before Law one of 2008 passed no one could open a store front to sell cannabis today they our open but risky 

The wording in our law is.........a c.g can be reimbursed for their services!

Tell your friend he is a liar!

yes co, ca, or, wa are paying taxes big time to the state, I would imagine they maybe paying taxes to the feds and ssi.

Peace

dispensary operators?  I do know a few of them that did work for a dispensary that got 1099 and have called me to ask what they can do Imho  if someone did make a lot of money selling cannabis i would file 

It's only my own opinion 

If you get 1099 you best pay taxes!

Peace

Thanks 

I disagree to  the nothing has changed part Imho lot's of things have changed because back before Law one of 2008 passed no one could open a store front to sell cannabis today they our open but risky 

not everyone knew of the store fronts, 70's 80's....(sorry you missed out)  that sold cannabis . some sold other stuff up front, but in the back room they had a triple beam.......some got busted, some did not, nothing has changed. During alcohol prohibition some store fronts sold liquor too, some were allowed to do so, some were not.  There are  more cannabis "store fronts" selling cannabis than just the neon pot leaf districts. 

not everyone knew of the store fronts, 70's 80's....(sorry you missed out)  that sold cannabis . some sold other stuff up front, but in the back room they had a triple beam.......some got busted, some did not, nothing has changed. During alcohol prohibition some store fronts sold liquor too, some were allowed to do so, some were not.  There are  more cannabis "store fronts" selling cannabis than just the neon pot leaf districts. 

Tobaco Road!  Gratiot and masonic back in the day!

Peace

Thanks 

My post was to say today they have signs on the front of the stores 

Thanks 

My post was to say today they have signs on the front of the stores 

yep, joshing with you is all.

I once saw tea cups lowering down form an attic window.....leo drove by, saw the drug dealing, knew the house, saw many players, and drove on by.......some get caught, some dont, some are allowed, some not so much...got to keep up on the D.I.P.(dispensary insurance Payments

dude, we must have run into each other. Maybe I'm that short guy that kicked your butt at the White Castle parking lot? :P     you big galoot :gym::hair: , I remember you! :yahoo-wave:

I honestly only had my butt kicked one time and it was in houghton lake when I was 18 yrs old, I grew up fighting, im not proud of it but hey what can I do it happened! from than on I was armed and dangerious lol!

Denny mclain owned the whole building!  I grew up on 14 mile and harper, I walked there, back than 14 mile road wasnt even paved yet, I used to walk thru the rain sewers they were getting ready to put in,,,,heck we used to actualy have some forrest's in st.clair shores back than!

They had candle shops, arcades (pinball) and all kinds of cool stuff their, plus the macomb mall across the street!,,,,thats my old stomping grounds, racing my fire bird on gratiot woo hoo party time every weekend on gratiot between 14 mile and 8 mile, we congrated at frazho and gratiot, the main act,

I got fired at the first anual gratiot cruise in east pointe, I was dj'ing and karaoke hosting in the parking lot of magee's by nine and gratiot, I got to wild with my cordless mic's,,,,,they hired an elvis impersonater to work for one hr, I thought I was getting a break, the idiot had to use my system and music, after his 2nd song I shut his mics off and turned on ode to my car by adam sandler, and well if you ever heard the song you know why the cops shut me down lol!  I got a ton of gigs from that show of disobediance lol ( I know I cant spell good, I get tired of trying to figure out other words I can spell lol)

oh the good ole days!

Peace

dispensary operators? I do know a few of them that did work for a dispensary that got 1099 and have called me to ask what they can do Imho if someone did make a lot of money selling cannabis i would file

It's only my own opinion

I dont believe this is a legal practice as seen by the irs, esp w considering the harborside case.

Since the irs considers any income related to mj as illegal, they are still required to pay taxes, but cannot take the normal deductions any other business would qualify from.

Using a 1099 is a tax deduction for the filer, deducting that amount from their total qualifying taxable revenue, which cannot be done for an illegal business.