Crime Stoppers Tip Leads To $200,000 Marijuana Bust

bobandtorey

Cop "are you growing marijuana?"

You "Yes officer and im licensed by the state to do so"

Cop "Can we come in and make sure your in compliance?If not we will just get a warrant"

You "I do not consent to any compliance check as ive committed no crime so without a warrant im going to ask you to leave"

Any other answer to snooping forfeiture driven behavior of law enforcement you risk arrest be smart NEVER NEVER allow unwarranted access to your home for any reason if they do get a warrant keep your mouths shut until your attorney is present .

So if the police do a knock and talk w no warrant, and u deny entrance but inform and prove to them that u r a legal card holder, then they try to get a warrant... Do they not have to include in the warrant application that u r a legal cardholder? Would that not remove probable cause and result in a denied warrant?

So if the police do a knock and talk w no warrant, and u deny entrance but inform and prove to them that u r a legal card holder, then they try to get a warrant... Do they not have to include in the warrant application that u r a legal cardholder? Would that not remove probable cause and result in a denied warrant?

In a perfect world yes and by law they should not be able to get a judges signature if no proof of a crime  has been committed and you have proof that your a legal caregiver or patient but we all know  overzealous anti cannabis crusaders with badges and robes rarely care about rights when it comes to something they dont agree with.

Cop "are you growing marijuana?"

You "Yes officer  and im licensed by the state to do so"

Cop "Can we come in and make sure your in compliance?If  not we will just get a warrant"

A better answer might be,

Cop   "are you growing marijuana?"

You    "I decline to answer any of your questions without an attorney present".

Cop   "Can we come in and make sure your in compliance?If  not we will just get a warrant"

You   "No, you do not have permission to enter my home without a warrant. Good evening officer." (Close door in face.)

Cop   "Can we come in and make sure your in compliance?If  not we will just get a warrant"

You   "No, you do not have permission to enter my home without a warrant. Good evening officer." (Close door in face.)

If they come for the smell and you refuse to produce paperwork or a card im thinking a judge would be more apt to sign a warrant but you can never tell what the cops thoughts are coming to your door .

I just dont get why so many warrants still get issued.

The mmj program is supposed to offer rights and protections from harassment and police action... You register, you qualify, you are protected.

Any of the usual reasons for investigation... A tip, smell, power use, garbage, complaints, etc... Can all be explained by being a legal cardholder... A protected citizen in other words.

A judge has to recognize this, no? And that any search would be unwarranted under the condition of being a legally registered cardholder.

In order to protect legal citizens from unwarranted searches, which i would believe a judge is a primary protector of, they should require the police to, at the very least, check w the registry first. Otherwise they (the judge) is increasing unwarranted searches, the exact opposite of what they should be doing... Protecting people's rights.

How hard is it to make a phone call during normal biz hours... Vs violating citizen rights? Isnt it that simple?

I keep my garden as secretive as possible I dont vent outside I use a separate trash from my waste and hand dispose it myself so nobody gets an idea of whats inside the bags  been this way for 7 years now not one visit  but then again im in Wayne county im sure I would have had a knock if I were a mere mile north  past 8 mile .

#1 rule  Dont open the door.

Talk through the door to them or from a window.  Maybe answer through a second story window if you have one.

any link to  a lawyer that has done so in MI, under the Medical Marijuana Act?

there is a defense for it!  enough so as the pt has a continious supply?!?

but I have a feeling some one is gonna get into some deep doo doo!

Peace

You could take your grow info and place it in the small prep rooms. I have mine set up in such a way that you're entering a door, to a small room, to a door to the grow room. My credentials are multi-placed, on the door leading to the grow area, on the outer door, and the inner door. Call me paranoid, but I want to be made abundantly clear that my paperwork is available for their perusal should they legitimately find themselves within the realm of possessing a valid warrant, and multiple copies at that so that they can't say that they "glanced past it"- being that it is on EACH of the doors leading to the area.

I would never tell them at the door that I was growing though, because then they'd think that they were entitled to just search me out.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

If they come for the smell and you refuse to produce paperwork or a card im thinking a judge would be more apt to sign a warrant but you can never tell what the cops thoughts are coming to your door .

im thinking the are going to make you come outside and wait while the get a warrant!  I wouldnt open the door for them, phaq em!

Peace

"37 pounds of processed drugs <<<<< a good Lawyer will tear that up but  it won't be cheep 

Has the the mi court of appeals opinion been reversed?   Cause 'everybody does it' hasn't served anyone well as a counter-precedent. This dude's boat is sunk.  Gave written permission for the search?  He punched his own boat, yah?  He's 27?  He'll be 40 when the justice system releases its hold on him.

i feel the same as Mr.T-pain 

he lawyer and defendant in the case said "resin" , the only "resin" in the definition of marihuana in the michigan public health code is "resin from mature stalks". therefor, the coa ruled that "resin from the mature stalks" wasnt covered under "dried leaves or dried flowers" aka "usable marihuana" because it isnt.

its basically a dumb opinion that the coa has since reversed (in people v randall usable v unusable mj).

it should all get settled sooner or later.

none of this is legal advice, just my personal opinion. but i feel 100% safe if i had oil, resin, whatnot. thats not to say there wouldnt be a fight, just that i feel confident in court based on the law as i can read it anyway.

If they get a warrant then you have to let them in. But they might not have enough for a warrant.

Never give them any info at all. Especially if they're on a fishing trip.

Let them do their job properly and get a legitimate warrant if they want to come in.

They didn't come to help you, they didn't come to make sure you were in compliance, they came hoping to arrest you.

Let them talk to your attorney if they feel they need to have a chat.

You could take your grow info and place it in the small prep rooms. I have mine set up in such a way that you're entering a door, to a small room, to a door to the grow room. My credentials are multi-placed, on the door leading to the grow area, on the outer door, and the inner door. Call me paranoid, but I want to be made abundantly clear that my paperwork is available for their perusal should they legitimately find themselves within the realm of possessing a valid warrant, and multiple copies at that so that they can't say that they "glanced past it"- being that it is on EACH of the doors leading to the area.

I would never tell them at the door that I was growing though, because then they'd think that they were entitled to just search me out.

I think thats a great idea, but but the time they come with a warrant they could care less of the paperwork posted to the walls. They got the warrant for some reason other than you being a legitimate patient not taking any grey area risks assume.  

maybe if you could stop them at the door with papers, or be there when the judge is considering signing the warrant things might be different I dunno. them boners come a running when they get a warrant though, prepared for the terrorism often seen by  medical marijuana users.

has there been one incident of a medical marijuana card holder shooting at police men in MI since 2008 ?

Even Detroit disps, on the advice of counsel, have cleared their shelves of concentrates.

Well LEO and PAAM have effectively demonstrated that they can arbitrarily make laws and get away with it. I recently visited a dispensary off 8-mile that also removed all their edibles and extracts saying they are against the law. I tried to explain to them that this is not what the law says but they seemed like they had no idea nor wanted to lend any credence to it. It just blows my mind how they are able to get away with this.

Rather, and in stark contrast to the MMMA’s definition of “marihuana,” it includes only “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof.” [MCL 333.26423(k) (emphasis added).] The word “thereof” as used in this definition refers back to the immediately preceding phrase “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant.” Therefore, to constitute “usable marihuana” under the MMMA, any “mixture or preparation” must be of “the dried leaves or flowers” of the marijuana plan.

At  his  preliminary  examination,  defendant  acknowledged  that  THC  was  extracted  from  marijuana and infused into the brownies.

To ignore these exclusions, and to thereby construe “usable marihuana” to include a “mixture or preparation” of an extract (THC) of an extract (resin) from the marijuana plant, would alter the plain meaning of the words that the drafters of the MMMA chose to employ.

Our interpretation also does not preclude the medical use of marijuana by ingestion of edibles; to the contrary, such use is authorized by the MMMA, within the statutory limitations, provided that the edible is a “mixture or preparation” of “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant,” rather than of the more potent THC that is extracted from marijuana resin.

http://brucealanblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/People-v-Carruthers.pdf

Edited by Alphabob

Mostly because the police play dumb, and do not include even a little bit of text regarding the card in the affidavit they have to submit to request the warrant. Also because they go to one particular judge to have them signed, Mark Somers in Dearborn, He has been recused by the MSC from trying medical marijuana cases because of bias. So they go to him to sign search warrants instead. So greasy.

i dont even really have any words, just shaking my head.

Well LEO and PAAM have effectively demonstrated that they can arbitrarily make laws and get away with it. I recently visited a dispensary off 8-mile that also removed all their edibles and extracts saying they are against the law. I tried to explain to them that this is not what the law says but they seemed like they had no idea nor wanted to lend any credence to it. It just blows my mind how they are able to get away with this.

Rather, and in stark contrast to the MMMA’s definition of “marihuana,” it includes only “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof.” [MCL 333.26423(k) (emphasis added).] The word “thereof” as used in this definition refers back to the immediately preceding phrase “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant.” Therefore, to constitute “usable marihuana” under the MMMA, any “mixture or preparation” must be of “the dried leaves or flowers” of the marijuana plan.

At  his  preliminary  examination,  defendant  acknowledged  that  THC  was  extracted  from  marijuana and infused into the brownies.

To ignore these exclusions, and to thereby construe “usable marihuana” to include a “mixture or preparation” of an extract (THC) of an extract (resin) from the marijuana plant, would alter the plain meaning of the words that the drafters of the MMMA chose to employ.

Our interpretation also does not preclude the medical use of marijuana by ingestion of edibles; to the contrary, such use is authorized by the MMMA, within the statutory limitations, provided that the edible is a “mixture or preparation” of “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant,” rather than of the more potent THC that is extracted from marijuana resin.

http://brucealanblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/People-v-Carruthers.pdf

I am NOT carruthers. Im a poor person, I have to rep myself in court, and Im not afraid to, I will waiste so much tax payers money It will be embarrassing to the judge, jury and prosecutor's,,,,,,been there done that!

Peace

p.s I didnt donate 1 red cent to the phaq heads defense, just like no one did or will for me if I phaq up!  I will take responsiblity for my actions, always have and always will!