I'm running a few new girls a buddy gifted me

anyone with experience with any of these strains please share

Strawberry Queen (motarebel)

Timewreck (subcool)

Daybreaker (gage green)

and Larry OG (localy shared cut)

Gorilla Glue#4 (local cut)

so far the Strawberry Queen is really looking vigorous and I like its profile

and she smelled sweet when I took cuts :-)

the Timewreck and the Daybreaker are healthy but wimpy in that I expect to have to do some staking and supporting because they don't look like they could hold up large colas

the Larry OG seems to be the wimp of the group when it comes to vigor as does the GG#4

I expect to find a keeper in the mix but only time will tell

I'm happy with the strains I have but I like to introduce new gals from time to time

variety is the spice of life :-)

KF

except for my recent addition of GG#4....I've grown all of those alot.

Excellent gifts man! what a buddy!!

all of them were nice for someone, but eventually were culled.

the Daybreaker is phenomenal, clone her please, you may favor this one. I'm going to revisit this one as soon as I have a spot

strawberry queen is a monster, and a stinker. reinforce your stink sock show

i love gage green and subcool, bias even

larry og lost the vote after the first harvest, but it was decent I thought, just didnt cut  my curve

you gonna have a swell summer, enjoy!

Edited by grassmatch

thanks for the input and encouragement grass :-)

anytime someone does the work of running a seedpack and selecting a keeper and is willing to share I'm a happy guy :-)

I understand the resources spent on doing such because I have run alot of beans in my day

I ran the GG#4 last summer and although she was good medicine and a favorite of a couple of my patients...

she was unrully and brittle and the finished product just didn't seem to ring my bell

I took cuts of all of them in case I find a keeper :-)

KF

• 3 weeks later...

so to update things...

so far you are spot on grassmatch :-)

the Timewreck is a bit large of a plant for my needs and the finished product was top shelf but just another sleepy couchlock but my buddies say it's a serious producer

the Daybreaker and Strawberry Queen are both flexing their muscles at week 3 and showing off

I only have 1 Larry OG this round so it's going in jars and getting put away :-)

GorillaGlue#4 culled herself from my garden...

I guess she knew that I never liked her :-P

the only strain of 8 not to root...

no love lost...

my 1st with Gage Green but I will save a cut of the Daybreaker ;-)

I'm not a big fan of subcool or TGA

mainly because my first experience was with Jillybean

and it was bad...

not a keeper in the pack :-(

I have not been so upset since a run of Jack Flash in the breeders pack (a buddy brought home from a Europe trip) straight from the sensi shop in Amsterdam that gave me a room of stringy hemp after 16 weeks flowering had I been so disapointed...

anyhow I have a crush on the Strawberry Queen ;-)

so to update things...

so far you are spot on grassmatch :-)

the Timewreck is a bit large of a plant for my needs and the finished product was top shelf but just another sleepy couchlock but my buddies say it's a serious producer

the Daybreaker and Strawberry Queen are both flexing their muscles at week 3 and showing off

I only have 1 Larry OG this round so it's going in jars and getting put away :-)

GorillaGlue#4 culled herself from my garden...

I guess she knew that I never liked her :-P

the only strain of 8 not to root...

no love lost...

my 1st with Gage Green but I will save a cut of the Daybreaker ;-)

I'm not a big fan of subcool or TGA

mainly because my first experience was with Jillybean

and it was bad...

not a keeper in the pack :-(

I have not been so upset since a run of Jack Flash in the breeders pack (a buddy brought home from a Europe trip) straight from the sensi shop in Amsterdam that gave me a room of stringy hemp after 16 weeks flowering had I been so disapointed...

anyhow I have a crush on the Strawberry Queen ;-)

it took me a long time to come around on tga, but i learned to buy at least 10 and avoid testers and new strains with newer genetics. With that said, I've only run gg from your list and now it don't matter! I too don't have it anymore. Good luck. Report back if you can! Edited by suneday11

Jillybean was a big let down for me too, but I gave the rest of TGA's genetics a try and they've done well for me. From Qush to Pandoras Box, I've run many of them. Can't say any of them are keepers yet, but I'm still trying to find that "perfect plant" as a keeper just yet...perfect being of course situational. 

Will be trying out some Rare Dankness genetics and Gage I believe soon, likely grab a few beans from the cup

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Im not growing mmj at this time,

I bought this for my mother, I want her to be able to look out her window and see this for the rest of her life,,,,,I planted it next to a lillac bush I gifted her 30 yrs ago on mothers day, she gets to see and smell them lillac's every spring for the last 30 and hopefully the next 30 yrs, (i doubt she wants to live to 107 lol)

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

these  pic's are 1 day apart!

Peace

edit= this was supposed to be a Hardy Rose by Bill Reid,  It is not, Im sure glad it was not marked right at home depot, It is in the canadian artist's series, I just cant figure out which one, I honestly couldnt be happier and neither can my mother, I think It is a beautiful rose bush/shrub, not a climber and it is self cleaning!

I also planted a hardy red long stem rose bush, it is just starting to flower!

Edited by phaquetoo

well not in this kind of weather, and it realy dont get much hotter than drying in the grow room,  Unfortunatly I have no other place to dry them at this time,,,,,I worked my butt off last night, pic will be in this post shortly, I will be able to get her out of the heat before it becomes to much, I have done this before lol!  :drinking-coffee:

Peace

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

wet trimming helps it dry faster, and I dont beleive it is any different than drying on a net in your grow room!

Edited by phaquetoo

although I consider them seedmakers, I'm not trying to bash TGA

(but do admit they are a bit full of themselves and somewhat "cheesey" with their egos)

anyway...a buddy of mine bought a pack of the Cheese Quake and found a keeper that he shared with me

when I ran it there was no grape flavor but it finished in 50 days and was top shelf meds :-)

I wish I would have kept her...lucky for me my buddy did so I am going to give her another run

I'm in what I call "the 4 week stall" with my current round

they all look good and there are no issues, but they are just looking at me with the "what?" look

from here on out they should be packing on the weight :-)

I'm excited about the Strawberry Queeen and the Daybreaker as well as the Larry OG (although she is definitely slow in veg)

today was a hot one and pushed the limits of my setup but the indicas and sativas both look happy :-)

soon I will get to work with my personal keepers that a good friend has been holding for me :-)

it's always a good move to share your keepers just in case you have a situation where you have to start over...

I love this hobby :-)

• 2 weeks later...

ok...

despite a failing ac unit and flowering room temps hitting 100 degrees this week, 'the new girls on the block' are handling the stress like champs

the indicas don't seemed to mind either

me of course I'm stressing a bit...

the mini splits will be installed in each room next week

I'm told they will take care of the high temps and were an easy install

lets hope so...

anyhow...

it's looking like the Timewreck, Daybreaker and the Strawberry Queen are going to need a week or 2 to fill out

I'm already staking daily

the smell of the Strawberry Queen is remarkable and I hope it has a sweet berry flavor that folks seem to love

the Daybreaker has a strange 'rubber' smell like you walked into a tire dealership...

I gravitate toward 8/9 week strains so these 10 weekers I want to stand there like a coach and try to motivate them LOL

hopefull their yield makes up for the extra flowering time

pics soon to come

KF

well I spoke too soon...

while all of the others handled the heat like champs, I found a 'nanner yesterday and 2 more today on the Daybreakers :-(

of course I got out my loop and scoured them for other little yellow buzz stompers as I will be doing a few times a day until I think they will be a possible threat to the other gals in the room and they will be on the chopping block...

it might have been due to heat stress but I'm thinking this strain will be culled from the garden

dam n! dam n! dam n! I've heard so many good things about Gage Green

I'm just glad I don't have 'all of my eggs in that basket'

KF

ok...

despite a failing ac unit and flowering room temps hitting 100 degrees this week, 'the new girls on the block' are handling the stress like champs

the indicas don't seemed to mind either

me of course I'm stressing a bit...

the mini splits will be installed in each room next week

I'm told they will take care of the high temps and were an easy install

lets hope so...

anyhow...

it's looking like the Timewreck, Daybreaker and the Strawberry Queen are going to need a week or 2 to fill out

I'm already staking daily

the smell of the Strawberry Queen is remarkable and I hope it has a sweet berry flavor that folks seem to love

the Daybreaker has a strange 'rubber' smell like you walked into a tire dealership...

I gravitate toward 8/9 week strains so these 10 weekers I want to stand there like a coach and try to motivate them LOL

hopefull their yield makes up for the extra flowering time

pics soon to come

KF

Ah... stalking... that's the term haha!

I like the coach analogy,  funny and true!

I am glad I gave out cuts!  As of last week, I lost all 5 of my fave girls and now can get her back :)