Been Gone A Long Time

Hello again everyone!!! First I would like to express my graditude to those who wrote back to answer questions I asked right before I went offline a few days before Christmas. I just got back online and can't wait to talk to you all again. This has been a crazy winter during which I've learned so much from many mistakes. I am now a caregiver as well as a patient so will be expanding a little. I don't plan to get very big very soon, just taking everything slow now to make sure I do everything right. I am looking for one or two decent teen/adult 9# Hammers and/or Jack the Rippers to add to my grow if anyone around the Flint area has some available. I also want to add one more patient and would appreciate any wisdom regarding advertising and "weeding out" anyone has to offer. Again, it's great to be back and can't wait to reconnect with some I met here earlier as well as making some new friends and allies. Blkwlf

I also want to add one more patient and would appreciate any wisdom regarding advertising and "weeding out" anyone has to offer. Again, it's great to be back and can't wait to reconnect with some I met here earlier as well as making some new friends and allies. Blkwlf

Welcome Back!!

As far as patients go....list the reasons you want a patient or two, and go from there. Dont compromise your standards to accept anyone. I find the more mature someone is the better patient they make. I've met some very mature 23 year olds that have remained with me for years.

Figure out what garden habits suit you. These can change when adding patients for various reasons. Consider a small hydro/dirt alternative to play with in a corner.  After deciding your perfect plants and effects find patients who enjoy what you do, in the garden, in the home, in life even, those are good starts to a interview. For instance night owls dont fit in my registry well, I avoid them. Seniors fit very well, front of the line for them. Unhappy working stiffs are avoided here too. I tend not to service those with children in the home, not as a rule, but thats how it turns out for me.

Post often, share your habits, your thoughts and your needs. Patients that feel your vibe will seek you out.

Patient management will be your task, soon growing will be second nature.

stay safe, enjoy. best of wishes.

gm

grassmatch: Great hearing from you again. I fully understand what you mean about having to draw the line and not compromise yourself. I posted for a patient on Craig's List and couldn't believe the crap ppl would ask me to do and the lines I was asked to cross!! One guy from Indiana tried to convince me that Michigan was allowing residents of Indiana to have Michigan MM cards!!! OMG, did he think I was an idiot? The patient I have is very satisfied with how I do things as well as the quality of what I'm growing. I've enjoyed working with her and getting her feedback. I AM a night owl but prefer to get business outside the home done during the day. I have far too many other things to do around the farm in the evening. I'm not looking to handle 4 or 5 right now. I definitely don't like high strung, paranoids. I refuse to do "back alley" deals in the dark if you know what I mean. I like people who are straight up with me and are willing to give me honest feedback even if it's bad. I can't learn if I'm not told I screwed up. :-) I'm putting a few select plants outside and really enjoy trimming and training them. I'm going to try a SOG method but I'm staying purely organic and in dirt for now. Thank you for the input and for the welcome back. Blkwlf

I loved outdoor growing, born to do it I think . I am so frustrated at being unable to control my outdoor odors, I stopped doing it after. greenhouse and caged smelled up my whole place 300 feet to the road I could detect the skunks at harvest times. so bummed.

Funny. An old guy I know who grows indoors and out actually drives around looking for dead skunks on the road. He collects them and puts them out on the side of the road in front of his house.

Should have let me know... Had a family living in the trees behind my house for a year. Bold things, came face to face w one in my driveway about 7 yards away, we just stared at eachother for a minute, then it continued sticking its nose in the ground looking for food i think, didnt even flinch at the sight of me. Think a neighbor called animal control, kinda sad. Dont know how, but he could have transplanted em. Nice family imo, the kids were skittish tho, not the adults. But ud smell em every time another animal got in their area. Great outdoor safety pets, lol

Grassmatch; I LOVE outdoor growing, why I live on a farm. Where I'm putting mine are far enough off the road not to draw any attention. My biggest problem is to make the walls high enough so the farmers who work my land can't see them from their tractors. Some of my husband's plants reached 7'. I don't have much trouble with skunks or any other varmits due to my dogs and the neighbor's cats always in my barns. Across the road a few skunks got into neighbor's chicken coupe and bit the heads off all their hens. They weren't dead long. She witnessed the last few being killed. I couldn't believe it when she told me she had her husband bury those 22 hens!?! All I could think was..What a waste of chicken!

Indigro; I have no intention of going big or being commercial in any way. All I'm looking for is maybe 2 more patients by mid summer and to continue to grow in small numbers. My husband, whose been doing this longer, recently transferred 2 of his patients because they were too far away for him to be an effective caregiver for them and he doesn't intend on replacing them. I mentioned trying the SOG as a method of growing, not as an actual sea of green in numbers. All I want is to continue to enjoy growing and learning about various ways to grow, provide quality product for my patient, future patients & make a bit of money over my costs. Too old to want to start up and run another big business.

Grassmatch; Regarding patient management: That's why I only want 1 or 2 more. I started and ran an Archery pro/hunting/marina from the age of 18. Not easy back then being female. I worked 14+ hour days, 7 days/week and worked through the night the week before bow opening season just to get the bows set up and the arrows made in time for opening day. The person who opened for me on opening day would run interferance for me so I could grab my bow and get out in the woods myself

I waited until now to take on a new patient because I got wiped out this winter. I brought in a few new plants to my indoor grow and got overrun with spider mites. They killed everything I had no matter what I did, even my cuts in the cloner. Finally I just tossed everything in the compost pile and scrubbed everything down. After that I built a quarentine room completely separate from any other growing areas and became very vigilant about anything that came in. I was thankful to meet a guy who provided me with some nice and clean plants. I met (online) another grower who, after hearing about my loss, offered to give me some free plants. I couldn't accept but was so encouraged by his generosity. There's a lot of bad out there but, as with this forum, I've found so many more who are genuinely generous with their experience and advice. Everyone from before I went offline and since I've come back, I'm genuinely thankful for your patience and advice. Blkwlf

in my experience, mites love clean rooms especially when they arrive on a new plant.

Seeds, all seeds, make your own clones. compare the 2 week delay compared to stranger clones, then add in the time it took to rebuild......

I never took in a clone, and I NEVER saw a mite in my garden since carded in 2009, maybe lucky, but I doubt it was luck

seeds, seeds, seeds,....

peace

TYVM for all the info. I'm a very good cloner even with my little 25 space hydro cloner I have to be VERY careful because I can go past my numbers real quick. The plants I brought in were from someone I'd dealt with when I first started and trusted. Mites sure do love nice clean plants. I was growing FULL organic and my pesticides just couldn't handle the onslaught of mites. I've since changed my growing methods. I don't allow anything near my plants without first going in quarentine for 2 wks and going into MY soil. I also started using Forbid. I did take in clones this spring to rebuild what I neeeded for my outdoor grow + a few strains to begin my indoor ( 1 especially for me, Cannatonic #4 due to it's lower THC levels ). So far, my quarentine, use of Forbid and change of soil has kept everything clean. I have what I need for now so don't anticipate having to bring in anymore from outside. I didn't get JTR or 9# but I did get a half sister and cousin to each. My husband brought in some pretty decent strains with a good variety for his grow so he's set too.

grassmatch: As far as seeds are concerned, yes I plan to begin popping my own come winter if I find need for them. I shouldn't have any issue propagating what I have. I will definately go seed if I pick up a new patient and they want something other than what I have to offer but I have a good variety from uplifting, relaxing to couch cluchers + the Cannatonic #4 which is a Sativa and supposed to be higher in CBDs with lower THC. Not quite Charlotte's Web but the closest I've found so far. It's good to be back! Wish everyone a very green summer!

if its just for you  forbid is your choice, i wouldnt dare smoke it.. however if you have or plan on patients, you should not really use it. you should read that label real well. like it can hurt you. as well as it can contaminate the water table when you toss  out. the used soil .. It is a systemic action poison. meaning it is in the plant material..

https://www.bartlett.com/productlabels/pdfs/Maryland/Product%20Labels/FORBID%20SDS.pdf

ZykIonic it all!!!

had to look up forbid, I forgot all about that stuff. good find willy!

I dont support Bayer. they used to called IG Farben, the only biz with bombing protection granted in nazi germany. they supplied the machine with the drugs used to sicken millions, the same ones used today, that sicken millions with cancer. They hired the convicted nazi war criminal doctors. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IG_Farben

In 1941, Otto Armbrust, the IG Farben board member responsible for IG Farben's Auschwitz project, told his colleagues, "our new friendship with the SS is a blessing. We have determined all measures integrating the concentration camps to benefit our company." But not only did thousands of slave labourersdie from the conditions in which they worked for IG Farben, those camp inmates who were viewed astoo sick or weak to continue to labour in the IG Auschwitz plant were selectedfor the gas chambers. IG Farben paid 100,000 reichsmarks each year to the SS and in return was assured a continuous supply of fresh slave labour, while being "relieved" of unfit inmates.

http://www.gmwatch.org/gm-firms/11153-bayer-a-history

we could start referring to agricultural biotechnology as the modern day Nazi SS.

avoid pesticides that you would not put in your mouth or on your foods for best results. be chronically organic for the win!