Just Here To Meet New Ppl

Hello everyone. I haven't been to this site for about 5 months so I have catching up to do. I'm just a small grower still trying out different growing methods and strains. I grow in dirt, fully organic and will have a small outdoor grow this year. I was a 3 pk a day smoker for yrs then my husband got me a vaporizor for Christmas and that was the last day I smoked a cigarette! Going on 5 months..Yeahhh!!! Even having smoked so much, I still have a lot of trouble smoking cannabis cigarettes and, due to trouble with my fingers from a bone disease, I can't roll them myself. I've had a hard time trying to use cannabis to offset the pain medication I have to take. My vaporizor has a ceramic filter so there's no coil that can be exposed to smoke small buds but I've been considering getting one of the smaller pen types which use the coils that can be exposed. Besides making oils or butter for medibles, which makes me nervous because of all the crack downs recently, does anyone have suggestions which would make it easier on my throat to smoke it?

BTW, one of the reasons it's so hard on my throat and lungs is that they were burned by chemicals I worked with at my job when I was young. Thank you, Blkwlf

I don't see how smoking can be made less irritating to the throat and lungs. Have you tried vaporizing bud or a concentrate? Vaping is the way to go if you can't smoke. Or medibles, which are perfectly legal if you do it right... i.e. leave some bud or leaves in it. But when it comes to concentrates or medibles, in the privacy of your own house who's to know?   ;)

BTW, congrats on quitting smoking!  :goodjob:

Welcome back!

I prefer cannabutter this month lol!  I rarely smoke any longer, I make my butter so strong I dont have the need for it, I had a lil on a peice of toast before bed the other nite and woke up feeling waked and baked lol!

I am now a social mm smoker, now if I can just quit tobaco!

Peace

edit= you know social mm smoker, all of us old pt's like to get together, some take their narcotics while others smoke their mm, or eat a brownie, chocolate bar, cookie, etc, we dont like to medicate alone so we let all join in, the only dif is,,,,,,,the narcotic user's get to keep their meds on the dash, we have to lock ours in a box in the trunk! and of course we get tickets, rx users dont!

Edited by phaquetoo

Thank you to everyone for the very warm welcome back!!! I couldn't respond for a few days because my son came over for as visit, said he wanted to upgrade my computer's security and decided to play a joke on me. He implimented a parental control method putting in keywords such as Cannabis, Marijuana, etc. LOL He and I have played the security game with computers since he was 8 yrs old. Myself putting tougher security on the computer and him finging ways around it. This has made him VERY good at computer and network security. Now, after getting his Bachelor's degree, he's managing a large commercial security company which makes it's own servers and creates it's own software. Very high tech., even using and training their customers to use drones. He and the owner come out to my house working the bugs out of their new software for their new drones because we have the open space away from commercial airports.

phaquetoo: I'm telling the truth when I say that I smoked my last tobacco cigarette the very day I got a vaporizer. My lungs which were always rattling cleared up in less than 2 weeks and I rarely use my inhaler anymore. I go to Wild Bill's/Mr. Vapor for my vaporizer and supplies. They're VERY knowledgable and let you taste, smell & try their stock. I plan to get a different vaporizer with which the coil can be exposed to smoke bud, oil & wax. My current one has a ceramic coil which soaks up the vegetable glycerin oil used in vaping so there's no open coil to burn other substances on and the rso is too thick and not compatable with my current vaporizer's coil. I have to take a LOT of narcotics for the bone disease I have and absolutely HATE them. I react diff. to morphine than most ppl. It amps me up but not in a good way. It also makes me nausious, causes nasty sweats + over heating which intensifies my nausia to uncontrolled vomiting. I've had to cut out EVERYTHING with caffiene, a lot of sugar or anything else which adds to the hyperactivity. I never did understand ppl who like and willing use morphine or any other oipiate because I react badly to all of them.

Having my regular meds on hand does make me nervous growing cannabis. I've heard of growers being "inspected" and, if they have any narcotics, the police using that against them and adding a possession with intent charge. Some months I may not take every single pill I've been prescribed so, even though they're in a properly and legaly prescibed bottle, having more than you should in that bottle can cause trouble with the wrong police officer.

grassmatch: Thank you for all of your advice and comments. You've been a constant reminder to me as to how to go forward. Even as slow and cautious as I've been, your open and honest comments always help.

imiubu: Great to see you again. I like your quote very much!!! ^5

Forgive me for not using the quote option or emos. For some reason I can't cut/paste or imbed content in my posts here. I can't even use the simple post option. I have to use the "More reply options" method and can't edit my poosts after they're posted. I have this issue with this web site only and haven't figured out why yet. So, Everyone please forgive me for my longer posts until I figure this out.

Thank you all again and, Bobandtorey, I plan on sticking around for a very long time. Thank you very much!

• 3 months later...

trihcycler: I'm pretty sure it's my computer's security system that's causing me the problems. I've noticed similar issues with other web sites lately which I hadn't had before. My computer is 8 years old but I completely updated the software mid summer 2015 which has the newer Windows security, Norton, Malewarebytes and Ccleaner. If I don't figure it out, it'll be a hassel but, it's best to keep my security tight.

trihcycler: I'm pretty sure it's my computer's security system that's causing me the problems. I've noticed similar issues with other web sites lately which I hadn't had before. My computer is 8 years old but I completely updated the software mid summer 2015 which has the newer Windows security, Norton, Malewarebytes and Ccleaner. If I don't figure it out, it'll be a hassel but, it's best to keep my security tight.

If your computer is 8 years old, I wonder what kind of OS you are running? If XP then you are exposed to too many security flaws and adding security software on top of it is just putting lipstick on a pig. If you really need to run Windows, you should upgrade to 10. (If Win 7, then you should be OK.) Personally I'd scrap Norton and CCleaner. Norton because it is bloatware and you'd be better served by the free Avast or the paid Nod32 (Eset), along with Malwarebytes. CCleaner because most of the functions are not really needed and cleaning out the registry (definitely not needed) can cause problems if you aren't completely sure of what you are doing. If you DON'T need Windows and can do everything via a browser & the cloud, I recommend a Chromebook (that is the only Linux-based solution that I'll recommend to non-techies.)  I LOVE using a touchscreen Chromebook for browsing (using one while I type this.) 

Regarding a vaporizer, you should steer clear of most flavorings. https://news.vice.com/article/the-flavor-of-your-vape-might-not-be-as-safe-as-you-think-but-tobacco-is-still-worse

Edited by zachw

Actually, when I said I scrapped everything, I meant my OS as well. Yes, I'm using Windows 10. I rarely do things halfway. Don't have the $$ for an entirely new system but my son's GF's access as a student at U of M gets her free software DLs and my son's position as the manager of a commercial security company ( including building their own HD's ) gets me some of what I need for my upgrades of this old brick. Already plan on switching to a notebook when son comes through with new security system for our house and grow. Heck, he even has an FAA fly license for drones they use for security and may get one of those while getting everything at company cost....:-) JK on the drone for me. Just putting up with this crap computer a little longer.

TY Indigro: for the WB and congrats on the cigs. Free420country: I haven't tried anything other than an e-pen or my V-juice vaporizer which uses strictly veg. glycerin. I haven't tried using rso, wax, etc. from cannabis but I am looking into a method of adding the rso to a V-juice mixture so I can use it with my current vaporizer which has a ceramic coil rather than cotton batting and open coil. For one, it's harder to spot if pulled over by the police if it's in a bottle marked for V-juice, whether the thinner e-juice for pens or the thicker v-juice for "pipes". Also, it CAN be flavored which may mask the smell more and make it easier to use in the open. I definately want to stay away from the majority of commercial V-juice which, along with the flavoring, uses artificial sweetener. I have no idea why. It's not as if calories really matter to someone vaping.....However, those like myself who get awful headaches from artificial sweeteners and have to avoid diet soda, candy, gum, etc. have a lot of trouble with so many commercial e and v juice since most contains artificial sweeteners. phaquetoo: If you're using a vaporizer for cannabis, why not use it for nicotine? I got one of those e-pens for Christmas and never lit another cigarette again. I was a 3 pack a day smoker and went from that to zero. I also went from 24 mg of nicotine down to 1.5 mmg-0 mg depending on the v-juice in less than 3 months. Some v-juice tastes different the less nicotine that's in it. Depending on what it is, that's a good or bad thing so you have to balance the amount of nicotine to get the flavor you like> I can't see why you wouldn't be able to switch from regular cigarettes to a vaporizer easy enough. I even kept my e-pen as an easy, descreet way to take care of my nicotine cravings as well as that need to have something for your hands to do or to suck on......okay now....I know I left that open!!!!! Always date a smoker, at least then you KNOW they have oral fixation issues....hehehe t-pain: I plan to buy a new complete system after the fall harvest. The new security system my son is having installed at my house for my indoor and outdoor grows will require a computer with newer hardware to create a fast and secure link with the computer his company makes and installs. Though I don't know company names or locations, I know they've installed systems for much larger indoor grows as well as for places which lease space for growers Next Sunday will mark 9 months cigarette free for me and it feels pretty good! TYVM everyone. I value the information and comraderie this web site offers. Grow well, Grow tall, Grow wide, Grow green. Blkwlf

• 4 months later...

Hey ALL!!!  I have a new computer!!!!  :jig: Hubby & son surprised me with it for Christmas. Taking some time to get used to after using one from 2008 for so long. Even with all of the software upgrades it was still pretty much a brick. It's pretty nice, a laptop with a touch screen, Dell  Inspiron 15-7000. It took me nearly a week just to shut down all of the apps and auto software which tracks everything you do via GPS, video, camera, inking, motion sensing, etc. I'm not a big social media user. I have a FaceBook account which I set up 6 years ago and ceased to use less than 2 months later. I couldn't believe how much information people I knew would share which invariably meant they were sharing things about me I would have preferred they didn't. Simply placing someone as a friend or family member and FaceBook linking me automatically bothered me. It used to be that you could use your mother's maiden name as a security measure. However, when your brother is listed, it tells everyone what your child's mother's maiden name is and the same for me if I was linked to my mother's brother. I guess I like my privacy too much. I never upload pics of myself or my family and have forbidden my family from doing it for me. In any profile I have I use pics of my pets or, as in here, one of my company logos. 
It seems as if some of the posting options which weren't available to me with my old computer I'll now be able to use once I figure them out so I'll be able to post more efficiently.
It's also been 13 months without a cigarette though I do still smoke using a vaporizer. I am considering the use of a "herb" vaporizer and/or water bowl for cannabis though the new laws regarding the use of oils will help when I learn how to make them.

Maybe it's my inexperience speaking here but I still don't understand why some people say that indoor grows produce better quality end product. Maybe someone can explain it to me. I've have trouble with my indoor grows, my own inexperience and mistakes, but my outdoor grows have produced exceptional plants and flowers. Outdoor growing, I feel, is more forgiving to the beginner and, which the proper nutrients, trimming and care can have amazing results.

I look forward to this year's outdoor crop.....and catching the miscreants who stole my 2016 crop!  :growl: LOL  Blkwlf

people say that indoor grows produce better quality end product. Maybe someone can explain it to me. 

No cloudy days. Perfect light from sunrise to sunset. In Michigan, you can't get that with Mother Nature. Maybe Hawaii you can get that, but not Michigan. So if you can get your nutes balanced as good as outdoors then you can make a better bud indoors with perfect sun. Not to say that people don't mess up indoors and have trouble matching what they grow outdoors. Happens a lot. Then they tend to brag up outdoor grown to cover for their indoor failure. The only advantage to outdoor is that you don't have a power bill and don't have to add lights when you expand. 

Restorium2: I've openly admitted to not being a proficient indoor grower. I've had my share of issues which has made the money put into indoor growing not a very good investment so far. That's not to say that I've given up on trying to produce decent and regularly productive indoor crops in addition to eventual high quality indoor grows. Even so, I don't stretch the truth regarding my outdoor growing skills when it comes to the health, trimming, production of tops in excess of 12-18" in length, easily in excess of 4" in diameter depending on the strain as well as in excess of 2-3 dozen of these tops per plant, also dependent on that particular strain and the overall health of each plant plus the quality ad potency of the finished product. I would put my outdoor plants up against nearly any grown indoors by many more experienced growers but I have a very unique make up of my outdoor growing area including the soil, the amount of sun my plants get from daybreak until dusk and the nutrients in the soil. 

I do believe there are many who brag aka stretch the truth whether it's about their indoor or outdoor grows, their higher quality end product and over all better than everyone else's growing ideas and methods. Some of these people may actually have a little something to brag about while others are, as you stated, attempting to make up for their own short comings in other areas. Whether the reason for the "bragging", I believe it causes them to close their minds to other ideas which can only be helpful whether taken in part or whole and whether from a new grower or one who's been growing for decades. I believe there is always room for new ideas as well as that it never hurts to attempt a method or idea someone else may claim helps with the growth, health or end product. Weeding through all of these ideas and knowing what is a fad, a hoax or simply a fluke someone claimed to be the "next new thing" mainly comes down to research, experience and common sense. 

I have also fallen prey to the "newest and best" thing out there only to come to realize it was just a marketing technique or other non performing idea/method though, at the time, my urge to try anything that may work was stronger than my own common sense. To say that one hasn't fallen for even the smallest of these i believe is either an outright lie, non willingness to seem foolish by ones colleagues or their ability to admit to anyone including themselves that a failure of theirs was based on ideas/methods they read/saw somewhere online or in a book/magazine.

If I'm financially able to put together another outdoor grow like the one I had last year and even the somewhat less impressive year's prior, I will remember to take some pictures prior to harvest as well as some highly magnified pictures of individual tops prior to and after harvesting/curing so you can better judge the quality of what I'm able to produce outdoors even in Michigan. Of course, the largest portion of the set up costs for the outdoor grow this year will be going towards the surveillance, perimeter and alarm systems as well as many low tech. security measures besides signs approved by our insurance company stating the risk taken for entering the property without prior written consent and in the company of one of the land owners.

As I've stated previously, I know our property will be a target this year due to what they got away with last year.

Plants the height of 10-14' and a minimum of 6'-8' in width weren't exaggerations nor were many of the sativas done growing. Those strains which were very high sativa content and/or fully sativa ( as far as any lineage tracking could tell and by the looks/growth of the plants ) has at least 2-4 weeks left before they could be considered fully mature. These are the ones which had reached 12-14' tall by the beginning of Oct.

I reached out this winter for assistance with my indoor growing and was contacted by several people who each had their own expertise/experience and knowledge which was greatly appreciated and put to use as it would best siut our growing "style" just as our growing "style" having to change to make way for better ideas/methods. One in particular offered to look at the indoor set up ( via pictures as it's illegal to allow another into ones grow ) and offered me very helpful critism regarding what that person believed was being done incorrectly and leading to my poor indoor growing. It's taking me some time to implement all of the changes I was instructed but I am doing it slowly and steadily. Once more a reason why the free exchange of ideas on this web site should never be hindered either by a person's years of experience nor their ability or inability to pay. I don't care if a grower is making millions doing this while I'm barely getting by. A person's success shouldn't be held against them any more than someone like myself who's struggled in an industry many feel is easier than growing dandelions. Blkwlf

• 1 month later...

I've been plagued by mites whenever I've tried an indoor grow of any size ( more than a dozen total plants from cloner to veg. to flower ). This is my 2nd winter without a single plant getting through a full grow period. All I can think to do is scrap everything, clean my grow areas, use several bombs and leave the area free of any plant material for at least 2 weeks to starve out anything that makes it past the bombs.

After that, I plan to paint my veg and flower rooms then wrap them in plastic. Using a miticide/fungicide spray along with an alcohol dilution spray every 3 days and switching from steril soil to a more forgiving planting soil so I don't have to be as precise with the nutrients.

After losing so much from the theft of the outdoor grow and not being able to produce anything throughout the winter, I've had to scale back my operation. I wish I could concentrate on making oils, butters, waxes, medibles or even vaping oils which can be used in standard vaporizers but I have to try to get my outdoor going ( with the new survaillance and security system I'm putting in ). With all the thieves got from me last fall, I know I'll be a target this year. Even if I do get a good outdoor grow, I still need to figure out how to grow inside without losing so much to mites. Many times this past winter I considered just giving up on growing inside but I know I can't survive strictly on an outdoor grow, not legally at least.

I truely don't know what I'm doing wrong. All I can do is clean my grow rooms, leave them empty of plant material and any soil for a few weeks and start back with the basics.

I would appreciate any constructive critism or ideas anyone is willing to give regarding setting up and maintaining a productive indoor grow with no more than 36 total plants from veg to flower. Also, the best lights ( on a shoestring budget ) which don't pull too much energy. I've been using 5 gal grow bags ( plastic ) but have considered switching to canvas which allows the roots to "breathe" better and the water to shed faster. I'm adding more fans & getting the plants off the cement floor ( maybe adding a few space heaters during winter ). Though these steps should help the health of the plants, they won't help with the mites which seem to be my mortal enemy for indoor growing no matter how much I clean and spray the plants I haven't been able to rid myself of them.

I can grow 12-14' high with 5-6' branches and multiple tops outside but struggle to get my plants mature or healthy enough inside. Hoping some of the steps I listed above will help to end that cycle. Again, any and all advice welcome. Just remember I have very limited financial resources and am basically a virgin grower when it comes to indoor grows......or jinxed...LOL. Blkwlf

I've been plagued by mites whenever I've tried an indoor grow of any size ( more than a dozen total plants from cloner to veg. to flower ). This is my 2nd winter without a single plant getting through a full grow period. All I can think to do is scrap everything, clean my grow areas, use several bombs and leave the area free of any plant material for at least 2 weeks to starve out anything that makes it past the bombs.

After that, I plan to paint my veg and flower rooms then wrap them in plastic. Using a miticide/fungicide spray along with an alcohol dilution spray every 3 days and switching from steril soil to a more forgiving planting soil so I don't have to be as precise with the nutrients.

After losing so much from the theft of the outdoor grow and not being able to produce anything throughout the winter, I've had to scale back my operation. I wish I could concentrate on making oils, butters, waxes, medibles or even vaping oils which can be used in standard vaporizers but I have to try to get my outdoor going ( with the new survaillance and security system I'm putting in ). With all the thieves got from me last fall, I know I'll be a target this year. Even if I do get a good outdoor grow, I still need to figure out how to grow inside without losing so much to mites. Many times this past winter I considered just giving up on growing inside but I know I can't survive strictly on an outdoor grow, not legally at least.

I truely don't know what I'm doing wrong. All I can do is clean my grow rooms, leave them empty of plant material and any soil for a few weeks and start back with the basics.

I would appreciate any constructive critism or ideas anyone is willing to give regarding setting up and maintaining a productive indoor grow with no more than 36 total plants from veg to flower. Also, the best lights ( on a shoestring budget ) which don't pull too much energy. I've been using 5 gal grow bags ( plastic ) but have considered switching to canvas which allows the roots to "breathe" better and the water to shed faster. I'm adding more fans & getting the plants off the cement floor ( maybe adding a few space heaters during winter ). Though these steps should help the health of the plants, they won't help with the mites which seem to be my mortal enemy for indoor growing no matter how much I clean and spray the plants I haven't been able to rid myself of them.

I can grow 12-14' high with 5-6' branches and multiple tops outside but struggle to get my plants mature or healthy enough inside. Hoping some of the steps I listed above will help to end that cycle. Again, any and all advice welcome. Just remember I have very limited financial resources and am basically a virgin grower when it comes to indoor grows......or jinxed...LOL. Blkwlf

Mite eggs can last a long time and still be viable. A two-week break isn't nearly long enough to starve them. I grow in DWC with bare roots and soak my plants upside down in plain water, as long as several hours, once in awhile. This seems to have eliminated mites for several years. You could probably do the same if you tied your grow bag around the stalk and suspended the plant upside down on a rack over a trash can full of water. You might also try a decoy plant. Treat a houseplant with a systemic miticide like Fluoramite and put it in your grow room during your two week break. With any luck, this will coax the little buggers to hatch and attack the decoy and then die. Good luck.

I do have drains in the floors and do plan to begin watering with a rain head. Whenever I sprayed my plants with a miticide, I always sprayed both the top and bottom of the leaves, stalks and dirt until they and the floor were soaked, spraying them as often as every 3 days. I've never tried to completely sanitize my grow rooms by removing all plant material and dirt, washing down all the walls and floors then leaving them without plants for a period of time. Your idea to put in a couple of inexpensive houseplants sprayed with miticide to draw out any mites left may work but it could also help them to continue to breed and lay more eggs. I'm hoping the cleaning of the floors and walls along with 3 miticide bombs will take care of any lingering mites and eggs. I do appreciate your advice as I can't be an effective caregiver until I can overcome this obstacle.