Finishing Faster Under More Light?

Digitalmixx187

but, if you have a tanning bulb or the like you will be able ot make hash tips in your last couple weeks. The UV is so strong the plant produces chaos at the cola tips, I've done it alot, its really cool, for photo's. Its expensive to do, could be harmful without proper uv protections, and isnt worth the efforts, unless publishing pics, bragging....

hash tips

(nope, aint getting my photo's here)

Edited by grassmatch

while we're on the subject of freaky cannabis planting, I'll offer big incentive for a cutting of a variegated  plant. Not a starved one changing colors, and only interested in typical green, with white/light green variance only.   I suspect if anyone here had one they would have surely said so by now.

I'll make seeds, cultures and more that carry the trait, if I locate a start.

Huh

if a sixty day plant gets triple the light in flower it wont mature any faster, but it will be a better plant.

if you want the most out of your plant surround it with hid lights, if you want the most out of your hid light surround it with plants.

I surround my lights with plants of course.  The one directly under and closest to the light doesnt finish any faster or slower than the others surrounding it.

Five sufficient lights in a room with one plant wont finish the plant any faster than if 20 plants were in the same room, ya dig

dont waste your electricity.  relax, enjoy the life giving force, stop watching the clock, figure out a perfect perpetual harvesting/growing system

and forget all about how long it takes to flower.... ;)

Mine is a Green/semi-purple that was throwing the white tips, not a mutant like that beast though! lol Not in a bad way mind you, I wouldn't mind having a true albino in the garden.

those are pics of two different plants, sorry for the confusion. hash tips were easy with all my strains. a naturally mutated variegated cannabis plant is likely one in a million. I've caused them to report this way( not a trait) but havent found a genetic mutant yet. when I do, if it comes from here I'll consider gifting seeds to all members.   

Japanese hops have a variegated variety, white and green.

grass, have you looked into other plants and how they get variegated in the first place?

oh yeah, sure have. either genetic or chimeric. I can cause chimeric changes, I can mess with anthocyanin production and "mask" the chlorophyl colors......but those traits will not be inherited.

I'm not comfortable messing with genes that way, nor do I know how....., but will embrace a mutant when I locate it, keep it forever, and mke it special.

typically cannabis with the the trait inherited or not, is weaker specimen. The lack of chlorophyl , the stuff needed for photosynthesis, will ultimately starve a plant or its parts, resulting in an unhealthy plant.

Edited by grassmatch

The lights raise the temp from anywhere from 3*-10*, I have to get this 7k btu portable air conditioner hooked up in the GR, I just have to figure out the venting issue with it.

I dont think @ 7k btu ac, can keep the temp at an acceptable level. i tried  10k btu  2 1k lights and it didnt work out too good. 

be sure its one of the portables that does not share inside air with the outside, unless cannabis odors dont matter on the outside of the vent.

my (wall/window) unit is 12k. It runs for about 7 of the 12 hours daily regardless of outdoor temps. I usually have 3 1 k hps, 1 600w mh in flower, and a four burner

C02 generator plus the connected veg room is running a 485 watt t5 full time.  My temps dont get over 79 . I feel very fortunate, my wife said NO to a split unit or any central air type ones, or anything evident from the outside of the building. I  have a 5k and another 12 on standby, I can pop in the 5k if needed(never have, still new), or exchange the 12 if it fails.

let me know how that unit works for you

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm still figuring out the heat issue, I'm gonna be starting a new flower cycle sometime next week, I'm gonna run the lights from 6pm to 6am or something similar to get them running during the cooler hours. I'm also going to do some revamping of the GR, with a few changes, I think everything will flow better(literally).

So if I have a 7k AC unit, it should be enough for my two 1k lights?

You can try it, but i dont feel it would,  try this to judge, add 4,000 BTU’s for each 1,000 watt light bulb present in the grow room. Therefore if you need to cool 2000 watts, you will need an additional 15,000 BTU’s. For a grow setup with two 600-watt bulbs (1,200 watts), you would require slightly over 4,000 BTU’s, or approximately 4,800 BTU’s. Also For each magnetic ballast present in the grow room add another 3,500 BTU’s, and for digital ballasts, add 2,500 BTU’s

so on that note, you got 8000btu for 2 lights, plus 7000btu of ballast heat.. so there ya can see its gonna be tight for sure, i wouldnt go with less than a 15k btu and if your gonna get bigger at all say add another light, you will need 20k to be safe. right now i run one single 1k light and a 20k btu, and i vent hoods outside.. plus six occilating fans, two exhaust fans 8in. there is heat from that as well.. I wouldnt dream of cooling with anything less.. 

heat is gonna be the biggest hurdle you will have to overcome.. 

Edited by Willy