Michigan Case Involving Smart Meters, Oakland Cty

Michigan Case Involving Smart Meters Scheduled for May 11, 2016

May 11th, 2016: ATTENDANCE AND SUPPORT ARE NEEDED

Homeowners association attempts to force woman out of her home.

Georgetta%2BLivingstone%252C%2Brashes%25 Georgetta's rash, from Mlive photo gallery.
Oak Valley Homeowners v Georgetta Livingstone, motion hearing Wednesday May 11, 2016 at Oakland County Court at 8:30 a.m. The motion hearing might start at 8:30 or it could start much later. Dockets usually set all cases for the same time, then cases are called up individually by the judge. So her case could start at 8:30 later in the day.

Georgetta Livingstone, a Ph.D. mechanical engineer now in her eighties, became extremely ill after DTE installed a smart meter on her home in 2011, suffering tremendously with terrible, debilitating rashes, headaches, anxiety, depression, sharp pains in her body, and insomnia. You can see a picture of the rashes in this MLive story. When Georgetta told DTE what was happening, they were unresponsive. She then purchased an analog meter and had a professional install it on her home. DTE then cut off Georgetta’s power. Everything in Georgetta’s home requires electricity; it is needed even for flushing toilets and for water. An article in the Daily Tribune states: “After her power was cut, she was reduced to ‘primitive life,’ she said, having to use the restroom at a nearby Kroger and take showers at a neighbor’s home.”

She has spoken to the Michigan House Oversight Committee, to House Energy Committee Chair Aric Nesbitt (who told her he was more concerned about the privacy issues surrounding smart meters than any health concerns), and many others. She has been ignored.

Then, her neighbors complained about noise from the generator she was using and her use of solar power and wind turbines. Her homeowner’s association has issued large fines and has now taken her to court. They would ultimately like to take her home away. This is similar to a case regarding chemical sensitivities that was litigated last year in Ann Arbor. Those who cannot tolerate the mass of pollution we now are living in are treated as pariahs! Please come to the court hearing. A strong showing will show the judge and the press (if they are there) that people with environmental sensitivities need to be accommodated, just as we accommodate those with physical and mental disabilities.

Please note that wind power, generators, and solar power are not safe and generate dirty electricity. It would seem that for Georgetta, she is most sensitive to the smart meter frequencies that ran through her home wiring and that she may also have had the RF from the meters riding on her wiring.

Here is the link to the court filings in this case, Oak Valley Homeowners v Georgetta Livingstone.

Links to Georgetta’s story:

·        Georgetta’s statement to the Michigan House (English is not her first language)
·        Photos of Georgetta’s rash, printed in MLive and Ann Arbor News
·        Mlive article
·        Lansing State Journal

Daily Tribune

LANSING, MI – Georgetta Livingstone, of Clarkston, has been living for months without electricity, showering at a neighbor's house and driving to Kroger to use the toilet.

When winter got too cold, she started operating a generator to keep her house heated past 30 degrees. She's been threatened with legal action from her homeowners association but says the generator is the only way to live without the smart meter her provider, DTE Energy, wanted her to have.

"The doctors don't know what it is," she says of a rash that once covered 90 percent of her body.

Michigan utility companies are deploying "smart meters," which the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) describes as advanced meters that send readings to a person's utility company automatically, eliminating the need for meter readers and resulting in more accurate billing.

But advocates at a meeting of the House Oversight Committee, chaired by Rep. Tom McMillin, R-Rochester Hills, said the meters cause health problems and privacy issues.

Dominic and Lillian Cusimano didn't even know they had a smart meter at a secondary home until Lillian started getting flu-like symptoms in 2012, Dominic Cusimano said.

"To make a long story short, we were talking to somebody at a Christmas party at the end of 2012 and they said 'I bet you got a smart meter installed at your house,'" Dominic Cusimano said.

Lillian Cusimano said her doctor understood and has diagnosed her with a sensitivity to electromagnetic frequency. The couple is currently in a lawsuit over replacing their own meter.

Bob Sitkauskas of DTE Energy said the company has an opt-out program, but it comes at an additional cost and the other option is still digital, not an analog meter. However, it doesn't communicate a customer's usage wirelessly to the utility company.

Sitkauskas testified that the company had not yet shut off people for refusing smart meters, but had shut off people who installed their own analog meters instead of using the company's meters. In addition, they've sent out letters warning of shut-offs for noncompliance.

"If the situation prevails, it's gonna be a shut off," Sitkauskas said.

The company hasn't purchased analog meters since 2007 and would have trouble finding them through a major supplier, Sitkauskas said.

Lisa DeLacy of Consumer Energy's smart energy program said that for the most part, customers where smart meters have been deployed are reacting favorably.

"Satisfaction levels have grown in Muskegon, Zeeland and Grand Rapids and our customers are now 50 percent more likely to recommend our company to family and friends," DeLacy said.

McMillin said the issue was that since there wasn't a free market for utility services in Michigan, people didn't have an option to go with a company that would give them an analog meter.

"That's why we're here, again, is you're a monopoly," he told Consumers Energy. He also used the word in questioning DTE Energy.

The MPSC, which regulates utilities in the state, held hearings on the meters. However, McMillin said he wanted them to come because he's heard from citizens they were not allowed to air some of their concerns.

MPSC Legislative Liaison Mike Byrne said that the commission got more than 400 public comments and released a report on the meters. The meters comply with health and safety standards and are a more accurate form of metering, he said.

McMillin asked if it was an OK outcome for a person with a working analog meter to have their power shut off for not allowing a smart meter to be installed.

"That utility is within their rights," Byrne said.

West Bloomfield Township Supervisor Michele Economou Ureste said her own family was having problems with the smart meter, including her children.

"In my opinion this health and safety issue is the most important issue in Lansing," Economou Ureste said.

McMillin's is the sponsor of HB 4315, a bill that directly addresses smart meters. However, that bill was not up in committee on Tuesday. It's been stalled in the House Committee on Energy and Technology since February of 2013. http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2014/12/michigan_residents_link_smart.html

never live in an HOA.

she agreed to those terms (no generators, solar panels, wind turbines) when she joined the HOA. ...

yes it is disgusting of course.

hoa are disgusting. but if you sign a contract never to paint your house red, then you paint your house red, dont ask me to cry for you when they issue fines for painting your house red...

http://emfsafetynetwork.org/smart-meters/smart-meter-health-complaints/

SMARTeffects-v2-100.jpg

All around the world people are reporting wireless radiation is affecting their health. We’ve collected many smart meter health complaints and posted them here. Utilities claim smart meters are safe, and compare them to cell phones. However cell phones, cell towers, wi-fi and other wireless devices can also affect your health!  Reducing your EMF exposure can benefit your overall health and wellness.  Learn more about how to reduce EMF’s, and sign up for monthly email updates to stay informed!

The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies wireless radiation as a 2B carcinogen, based on studies linking cell phone radiation to brain tumors!

List of symptoms:

• Sleep problems (insomnia, difficulty falling asleep, night waking, nightmares)
  • Stress, agitation, anxiety, irritability
  • Headaches, sharp pain or pressure in the head
  • Ringing in the ears, ear pain, high pitched ringing
  • Concentration, memory or learning problems
  • Fatigue, muscle or physical weakness
  • Disorientation, dizziness, or balance problems
  • Eye problems, including eye pain, pressure in the eyes,
  • Cardiac symptoms, heart palpitations, heart arrhythmias, chest pain
  • Leg cramps, or neuropathy
  • Arthritis, body pain, sharp, stabbing pains
  • Nausea, flu-like symptoms
  • Sinus problems, nose bleeds
  • Respiratory problems, cough, asthma
  • Skin rashes, facial flushing
  • Urinary problems
  • Endocrine disorders, thyroid problems, diabetes
  • High blood pressure
  • Changes in menstrual cycle
  • Hyperactivity or changes in children’s behavior
  • Seizures
  • Recurrence of cancer
  • Taken from EMF Safety Network Survey 2011
  • Symptoms after Exposure to Smart Meter Radiation By Dr. Ron Powell

. but if you sign a contract never to paint your house red, then you paint your house red, dont ask me to cry for you when they issue fines for painting your house red...

like agreeing to only sell to five patients registered to you through the state.....and then opening a dispensary behind your card :P

never live in an HOA.

she agreed to those terms (no generators, solar panels, wind turbines) when she joined the HOA. ...

yes it is disgusting of course.

hoa are disgusting. but if you sign a contract never to paint your house red, then you paint your house red, dont ask me to cry for you when they issue fines for painting your house red...

I feel for the old lady, but your observation is spot-on. I've read numerous stories about people who signed HOA agreements and either didn't care or didn't know what they agreed to. Then they get mad when the HOA tells them they aren't mowing their lawn often enough or that the RV in the driveway is prohibited.

That said, I'm glad to have 10 acres with old neighbors who mind their own business and don't biatch about anything.

That said, I'm glad to have 10 acres with old neighbors who mind their own business and don't biatch about anything.

I hear ya there I also have 10 acres , i haven't rented for years , due to that exact reason, i dont need to be told what i want,, telling me how i gotta have my stuff.., 

I have the old meter, i refused it,(the new smart meter) and went out n told the installer, when he tried to insist, i said it would be prudent to his well being if he took his stuff and left.. Dont listen to there bunk!   in a HOA they do have the say so. For me i had to pay them 10.00 a month + 50.00 a year one time,  to pay the (guy)reader to come out and read it... lol he was already coming..I figure i saved his job.. :) 

like agreeing to only sell to five patients registered to you through the state.....and then opening a dispensary behind your card.

sorry, seems to me to be an accurate analogy.  peeps agree to smart meters not having any possible way to test ahead of agreeing to the change.   utils didn't show photos with a warning...that 'you may experience this if you are  are the 1 in 100k-300k peeps who have sensitivity to this particular  wavelength of electromagnetic energy.'  utiltities did not offer pre-change screening...and definitely didn't disclose pics like Georgina's reactions.  (Maybe not even the utilities knew the possible side-effects).  that knowledge only became known and public after the meter change from analogue to digital had been made.

the situation with disps being prosecuted comes due to what a person actively decided to do to themselves, and case law from CA, fed as well as state, has been public knowledge going back to 1998.  Billl Schuette warned folks off.

Edited by pic book

I feel for the old lady, but your observation is spot-on. I've read numerous stories about people who signed HOA agreements and either didn't care or didn't know what they agreed to. Then they get mad when the HOA tells them they aren't mowing their lawn often enough or that the RV in the driveway is prohibited.

I own an off lake lot in a private lake subdivision, we pay dues every yr for weeds, parks, stocking fish , dam control, etc!

I cant build a garage on the lot across the street from my house, I can as long as I have a house within 2 yrs and I have to have a certain amount of square footage to build my home, our LJPOA's bylaws are different from the twp, If I was to build my garage and not a home the twp is ok with it, the lake assoc is not, we have a catch and release rule on our lake for bass and pike, it cant be enforced by the dnr or sherif!  There is no way to get a boat with a motor on our lake, it is strictly land locked by LJPOA property, we have a lock at the boat ramp that cost alot of money, we get charged 10 bucks for our key, if we lose it you have to pay 50 to get a new one, The key cant be copied, the lock cant be picked unless of course you are a lock smilth! 

They as of now can only raise my dues 5 bucks a yr, until it gets to 100 a yr, we now pay 90 a yr dues, after they raise it to 100 there has to be an open board meeting to vote on a raise and a new high number!

I have been on this man made lake since I was 4 yrs old,  this lake was finished being built 1 yr before I was born!  Only a few of my friends (and my parents of course) who have been in this private lake subdivision, we are not crazy about the way flat landers are running our lake, most of the board are only part time residents here!  I am putting together a group of people to run for the various positions on the board to make it mostly people who actualy know the lake and it's issues since it was made!

Weekender's (flat landers) have no idea what this community needs! and I just love passing school mileages! This is my permanent home, we dont pay as much property taxes as the flat landers, they dont get to vote in our local votes, The bulk of our taxes are paid by flat landers and on this private lake they seem to want to take that out on us that live here full time and deal with the day to day happenings around this community!

If you can get a boat on the lake you are legal, we dont own the water way, this lake was built from denton creek, which still comes from a huge lake and flood land around 20 miles from my property, there is one dam between that lake and denton creek before our lake, than we have a dam that flows back into denton creek and feeds houghton lake!

There is absolutly no way other than maybe a kyak or canoe to get on this lake from state land! Our roads are maintained by the county/state, we have one road that goes over the lake via a large tube, it is part of our lake on the other side of that tube, you can take a fishing boat and a pontoon boat thru it, but with a pontoon you cant have the top up and you need at least 4 people so you dont bang your boat up going thru, it is just about 12' wide and high enough for most small lake boats, you cant get a cabin cruiser thru it lol!

Yep we bought in this subdivision and we have to pay our dues and obey there bylaws, buttttttt bylaws dont over ride twp laws!  I have seen many people go to court and beat the assoc when they followed twp rules and not LJPOA bylaws!

If they can prove those smart meters are causing health issues they need to be able to have something else that dont make them unhealthy!

I wonder how much it would actualy cost to run a whole home natural gas generator year long?  I have a honda 3000 it has a 3.5 gallon tank, I have never ran it out of gas,, I have ran it over 24 hrs a few times and didnt run it out, I guess I will leave it running untill it runs out this yr and find out just how many hrs 3.5 gallons of gas can run my full camper, a.c, micro wave, hot water, fridge, lights, etc!

Mine will run most of the house we need it to when we have a power outage, I figure it would take me around a 7000 watt to run every thing in the home, every thing, we do have more outages up here than I did when I lived in the city, I once went w/o power in houghton lake for 3 wks, that amount of time alone with a generac would be worth the maybe 6k it would cost installed!  You dont realize how awsome power is untill you dont have it for weeks and have to cook every thing in your freezer or throw it away!

health over smart meters!

Peace

No need for me to wonder any longer!  Thank You dte, at least we finaly got away from propane!

Peace

edit= for me to run mine it would cost me 270 a month based on 2.50 a gal of gas!

so double that and we have 540 a month of unleaded gas to run like im set up!

Im not digging up the dte bill to see how much natural gas is a gallon or lb or unit, shoot I dont even know how they measure natural gas,

Edited by phaquetoo

No need for me to wonder any longer!  Thank You dte, at least we finaly got away from propane!

Peace

edit= for me to run mine it would cost me 270 a month based on 2.50 a gal of gas!

so double that and we have 540 a month of unleaded gas to run like im set up!

Im not digging up the dte bill to see how much natural gas is a gallon or lb or unit, shoot I dont even know how they measure natural gas,

my entire property is 100% electric. I only have small propane tanks for the bbq and c02 generator. No natural gas available here. My home uses almost exactly what my grow room uses  all summer and most of the winter. then when its cold, my home uses more Kw than the grow rooms do. I've got separate meters/bills to compare monthly.

I like the electric heat. seems expensive at first glance by both my neighbors have propane and wood stoves and spend 1.5 on their propane, still have an electric bill, and that doesnt count the wood....which they can burn a cord a week in January!  My monthly household operating cost is much lower than theirs at the end of the year, and their furnaces need repairs occasionally. A new baseboard heater last 40 some years, takes 10 minutes for me to install and costs 40 bucks.....I'm diggin the electric estate.

well dont run the grow pure elctric, i have 100% electric also, house runs on 125. a month with out furnace, in the winter its 325. I added the two grow rooms, LOL now i pay over 500. month summer, and nearly 700 month in the winter. I want solar and wind to offset it.  however to get worth while off grid power, its gotta be $10k to get it going, anything less only runs a cigarette lighter... :)

my entire property is 100% electric. I only have small propane tanks for the bbq and c02 generator. No natural gas available here. My home uses almost exactly what my grow room uses  all summer and most of the winter. then when its cold, my home uses more Kw than the grow rooms do. I've got separate meters/bills to compare monthly.

I like the electric heat. seems expensive at first glance by both my neighbors have propane and wood stoves and spend 1.5 on their propane, still have an electric bill, and that doesnt count the wood....which they can burn a cord a week in January!  My monthly household operating cost is much lower than theirs at the end of the year, and their furnaces need repairs occasionally. A new baseboard heater last 40 some years, takes 10 minutes for me to install and costs 40 bucks.....I'm diggin the electric estate.

The house I moved from was almost all electric, only the stove/oven and furnace used propane, my electric bill w/o a grow was like 180 a month, we had a wood burner that was hooked to the forced air furnace duct work!  I quit using wood after my first winter there, we went thru at least 2 face cord a week, im not 17 and cant do that shtuff any more,,,,,if I paid for it, it cost 50 a cord, so that alone would run me close to 400 a month, plus I have to stack it and clean the dust from it!  I love wood heat but hate the dust it creates!

When the sun was out in the winter it heated our whole house untill evening, all shades open and all doors on front of house open, and it would actualy get to warm from just the sun!  I was realy thinking about doing some solar stuff!

Peace