Grow Room Consultant?

Alleyenoisdope

2 lamps at 600 watts would be perfect for that space. 1000w would also be fine, but your coverage will hurt a little on the 10 ft side.

Going with two will obviously cost a few more bucks for another ballast and light, but it also offers room to expand later down the road. Select-a-watt ballasts are pretty neat as you can switch 400, 600, or 1000w.

I put 6k watts of lights in a 10x14 room, i divided it in half , 3k on each half..then i took over the second bedroom to  (veg) and added another 1k in that veg room , then another 1k so 6 plants under each light, staggered them so i could flower 4 every month,, combined they threw a nice coverage area for veg. flower was never an issue . when i clicked on the 6k  house dimmed for a min.. LOL Light can be high as you can make it ,, get a cheap light meter, to see how much lumen x coverage is doing, i found 50w was a nice level.. 

Watts per square foot (wattage per sq ft WILL vary by light source):

Minimum wattage per sq ft.: 30w

Mid Range  wattage per sq ft.: 50w

Optimal Range wattage per sq ft.: 50-80w

really?  you dont think it is a crime to sell marijuana plants to a patient- not registered with the seller- or not allowed to possess them?  my statement is to describe dispensary owners selling plants to people. We are told this is illegal, and dispensaries are illegal. Dispensary owners are charged  with crimes when they sell to others not registered to them.

I object too, the use of criminal to describe any non violent cannabis user/seller, but this is exactly what every cop and judge has told us thus far, what am I to believe, Mr. Lawyer? :)

you can hold on to the fact that there is a defense for the transfer, but how is that working out in court for us?  Will you link to successful cases where people sell marijuana plants to others not registered to them?  I cant find any in the forum yet, thanks

Edited by grassmatch

No, medical use of marijuana under the act which meets the elements of the affirmative defense is not a crime, and those that do are not criminals.

The only people able to instruct police, judges and court rooms are attorneys. they call them criminals,   why havent the courts learned from all these lawyers  yet?

will they ever? is it futile if only the wealthy have access to these defenses?

will you link me a court case of a dispensary allowed to continue operation after prosecution please? Or anyone selling marijuana outside of their registry  allowed to continue doing so after prosecution ?   I am ignorant of court cases compared to you of course, and appreciate your links.

I wish for patient to avoid arrests, once they get arrested its your job to defend them, and educate the court system and law enforcement of their errors.

This post contains a good bit of nonsense to which I don't know how to respond.

A perfect response!

I wouldn't claim it's unreasonable to not want to maintain a grow year-round, and would support a patient or caregiver holding an entire year's supply for basically any reason. The act implies this by allowing outdoor grows, and it is not fair to anybody to proclaim it otherwise.

I'm wondering if

there has been one successful court case where a carded person sold marijuana or plants to another person outside of their registry.

is there a judge that has said one carded  person can sell to as many people as they want as long as they have a card and can show necessity?

I understand I am afforded arrest protections for under 2.5 ounces, and I also understand an attorney can defend me with available act defenses if I have a years supply.  I must support advising patients to stay under their 2.5 ounce limit to avoid having to pay court/defense fees and suffer a criminal record. Even though on a jury I would know and say that his years supply was reasonable and not criminal, even if the judge says it was not.

wow! a 3 k veg room, I envy your cooling capabilities!

I skate by with one 2x4 485 t5 for all my cloning and vegging needs.

20k btu air system, flow thru outside,  light to outside exaust.. an++ 8in room vent to outside as well.. works great, temp never goes about 79', at the time I used co2 augmentation which also boosts heat tolerance in an enclosed grow.. prior to exhausting room outside. c02 went off at time for room exhaust. keeping it air tight, light tight.

20k btu air system, flow thru outside,  light to outside exaust.. an++ 8in room vent to outside as well.. works great, temp never goes about 79', at the time I used co2 augmentation which also boosts heat tolerance in an enclosed grow.. prior to exhausting room outside. c02 went off at time for room exhaust. keeping it air tight, light tight.

awesome. I clunk by with my 12k unit and never ventilate outdoors I couldnt handle the condensation in the winter. Summer would be ok but it was just as easy to seal er up year round for me, eat the nominal expense. I compared both, wth outdoor air and without, and for me it was an easy choice.

Im not air tight, spiders, ants can come in at will, and air will come in all over the place if I turn the emergency exhaust on .

awesome. I clunk by with my 12k unit and never ventilate outdoors I couldnt handle the condensation in the winter. Summer would be ok but it was just as easy to seal er up year round for me, eat the nominal expense. I compared both, wth outdoor air and without, and for me it was an easy choice.

Im not air tight, spiders, ants can come in at will, and air will come in all over the place if I turn the emergency exhaust on .

Oh i get ants on occasion, its tight but far from 100%, air tight it is sufficient  for co2 use , and outside air is my choice  winter or summer..for intake and exhaust, in winter it heats the room from the floor, I vent the heat out under the floor in a crawl space that is sorta kinda sealed..helps with heating.. 

Oh i get ants on occasion, its tight but far from 100%, air tight it is sufficient  for co2 use , and outside air is my choice  winter or summer..for intake and exhaust, in winter it heats the room from the floor, I vent the heat out under the floor in a crawl space that is sorta kinda sealed..helps with heating..

When you mention "air tight" for co2 usage, how is this accomplished? I've gotten mixed feedback about the subject.

When you mention "air tight" for co2 usage, how is this accomplished? I've gotten mixed feedback about the subject.

tape every crack you can find.. and dont vent the room directly during co2 time. its off at night, they dont use it then..put a door seal around the door so when it opens it slides then seals when you close it. dont have to be 100% ,,,, 90 will do.. just enough to fill the room with 1400ppm above that is harmful to you ....