Police Seized More Than 5 Pounds During A Traffic Stop

t-pain

if you were nearby gregrx, I'd probably just illegally(criminally) gift you you many months supply.

if we got caught.....well....... :dodgyrun::P

although I have had "profitable patients" in the past I dont see that anymore.

Those guys, the profitable ones,are time and time again selling to a dispensary.

I've even narrowed my delivery/availability when I found this to be true. When there are a dozen dispensaries nearby

I understand. If I was a patient only, short on cash, needing to feed my family, I'd have no issue with securing a good cg and

selling the product to one of them.

I find it difficult to work with these people though and am not surprised. For one they havent been the hippies of yesteryear,

are rarely over 30, and they love those face tats(lol)   I can be pretty sure of the 65 year old with arthritis though, we get along perfectly.

Edited by grassmatch

I once was in court myself for a marijuana crime. I was scared of the law broke and did not want to spend one day in jail. I plea bargained also. It saved me money, time, and possible jail time. Of course I wasnt testing laws or making points either. I didnt consider one bit the impact of my plea on others or the law or teaching the court anything, only to put an end to the tyranny finally. I get it. I am happy a corrupt system offers us at least this recourse to trumped charges and zealous leo, (I think)

I dont judge people for their marijuana crimes as you might think.  I just find it difficult to protect and support at this time in history, those that take the extra risks. We finally get to grow our marijuana man!! can you believe it? Its like no other time in my history or yours. Likened in ways to alcohol prohibition. The moment we're allowed to grow, sell and possess our own medicine with certain freedoms we have folks setting up shops on the street corner selling it under cover cops, and mobile dispensary delivery services and more law pushers. legal or not, your opinion or mine, these are troublesome to me and many I know on this side of the fence. I honestly bury my tongue in my cheek when I see a dispensary operating. I find it surreal, amusing, balzy and patriotic. Until they're caught up with the law, and the majority have been , they cause me no personal woes except---this dim light cast on our program. like giving an inch and taking a mile. I know that is what the anti's say, i hear it.  I would like to focus on avoiding the taking of miles and enjoying this piece of history when I advise others. Its disheartening to find out someone is running a dispensary, or also got caught with harmful drugs like heroin, and then expect myself to support them in order to support our Act, in order to keep our freedoms.....this doesnt feel right to me, sorry.  I do however very much respect and understand your position and feelings towards the very same.  Its no surprise that I dont see things exactly as a law office might right?

I  suspect we lose in the end, perhaps our rights to grow, our rights to possess and sell too. I fear the reasons set forth will be those exact law pushers' own actions since the Act passed.

would leo have manufactured reasons to taunt and persecute us anyways, even if we all stayed 100% on the path...YES!   but then we could just flame the cops. Instead we have actual law pushers in the game, representing in a way that I didnt vote for. this opinion of mine is not unique in other marijuana forums or this one.

I understand the slippery slope of judging a cannabis crime today, and am troubled too, by my thoughts and my judgments sometimes. I sometimes post these thoughts here, and listen to the vibe, of more competent thinkers than myself. often it guides me to the choices that feel good, sometimes not, but it always opens communications between like minded individuals, and we all benefit from that public display. Have no fear I will never convict a cannabis user.  that does not mean I will support their cause or actions necessarily. If cannabis is the new get out of jail card..... like patients buying grow lights stolen from other patients, or lara giving money to the cops to arrest us, or patients investing in corps wishing to remove our grow rights...... again, surreal, to me.

sorry for the dispruption

good conversation though for sure.

Edited by grassmatch

I try to wait for more facts to come out before rash judgment.  The police are well known to lie or fudge sometimes.  Defendants are well known to lie and fudge sometimes.  And newspaper reporters are well known to fudge or improperly report facts from both those sources sometimes.

I know right, but the internet is lightning fast. theres no waiting for conversation and opinions, I respect your attempts though :)

I will go to the court case and see what happens.  I will report back on public affairs that occurred.  I will try to speak with the defendant, his attorney or his family if I can which will likely be private unless I am specifically given permission to pass it on. I will also  try to speak to the prosecutor which will be mostly public. And I will try to speak to the judge (generally about sec 8 defenses) and see what is said etc.

Kudos to you Zap for continuing to educate and get others to understand. It is always nice to see people see things in a different light when it is explained in terms that they can understand and see other point of views. I always say it you never get enough thank yous from all of us and even though you do not look for them you do deserve them. Keep up the good work brother. Others have done the same not meaning to just single out Zap. The rest of you know who you are and kudos to you too.

Edited to add that I think most of you know how strongly I feel about knowing more of the situation and not assuming or not understanding what other situations may be.

Edited by ozzrokk

The pushing back gets a better deal in some cases, one that can be lived with by the defendant. It is not for you, it is for them, and may be all they can get.

I think I mis used "pushing back". I saw this as something done before a court hearing, like extending rights to the very end, "pushing the limits" "gray areas".

Pushing back, in court, for a plea or dismissal is a must if it can be done I believe

you certainly like to dream and assume things about cases you dont know about, grass.

which is fun and all, but after all of the rumors and propaganda and just straight up lies that govt officials and rehab operators and prohibitionists spew on a daily basis, its nicer just to deal with facts and reality.

plus everyone is innocent until proven guilty. by a jury of their peers.

you have that back wards bro, we are guilty until proven innocent, we go to jail first and court after and maybe back to jail!

have to prove guilt is not a reality, we have to prove we are innocent first!

The news always convicts people before during and after trial, I say we are guilty until proven innocent, The U.S has more people In prison than any other country in the world and most are black men!  who cant afford their own attny!

Have you ever had to deal with a court appt attny?  Not fun,

Peace

Like grass, I used to be unsympathetic with people who don't follow the Section 4 rules. But my views are changing. Section 8 was designed to allow a defense for ANY prosecution for MMJ. But the courts haven't honored that. Anyone busted for marijuana should be able to assert a section 8 defense in court. The chips will fall where they will. Time and time again we see cases where a section 8 defense is denied. This defense should be available to anyone who requests it and if a judge doesn't like it- too bad. Send it to a jury.

At this point I can't blame anyone who wants to push back against the establishment and seek a section 8 defense. It's the only way we can assert this protection for what it should be.

Thanks i agree

and if you want to discuss... i've never personally weighed any marijuana, ever. i'm willing to bet a large majority of patients have not as well.

i've read people's posts, like phaq , who puts vaped bud on his toast. does he weigh the toast?

do people who make brownies for themselves, weigh the brownies?

people who put it in spaghetti sauce , weigh the sauce?

I weigh it when im making something, meaning I weight the main ingrediant so I know how much or less to use next time, If my c.g gives me a sack instead of a plant I weigh it!

no I dont weigh my butter when im putting it on toast, corn, potatoes, broccoli, anything left over in the fridge is up for grabs and gets cannabutter on it from me!

If I were to make my butter else where I would have to drive home with over my weight, so I dont make it any where but  home, and im thinking I dont have to worry about po po coming to see if I have any butter lol!

but yea, what ever!

Peace

Highlander is correct. I agree too. I think pushing a defense is different than pushing a legal protected limit, to get to court, claiming to  make a point of an unjust law, only to plea bargain to walk.

a sure way to lose our rights. slowly but surely these pushers of the limits further restrict our rights. traveling with mj in the car is a good example, didnt used to be in the law, but now it is.   Edibles come to mind too. more to come surely, till its all gone, and the only place to buy cannabis will be Uncle Bills Smoke Shop, irradiated and fumigated for your enjoyment I fear

Highlander is correct. I agree too. I think pushing a defense is different than pushing a legal protected limit, to get to court, claiming to  make a point of an unjust law, only to plea bargain to walk.

a sure way to lose our rights. slowly but surely these pushers of the limits further restrict our rights. traveling with mj in the car is a good example, didnt used to be in the law, but now it is.   Edibles come to mind too. more to come surely, till its all gone, and the only place to buy cannabis will be Uncle Bills Smoke Shop, irradiated and fumigated for your enjoyment I fear

It's the attorney general that has decided to restrict our rights. He didn't need any excuses to do it. I know that because I saw 15 pages of his ideas to restrict the MMMA before anyone even had a chance to bust moves around the rules in place early on.

Why do you come here and post, day in and day out, propaganda like this that should only be coming from a prohibitionist on the staff of the attorney general? You have been around long enough to know the real answers but you post false propaganda daily.

It's the attorney general that has decided to restrict our rights. He didn't need any excuses to do it. I know that because I saw 15 pages of his ideas to restrict the MMMA before anyone even had a chance to bust moves around the rules in place early on.

Why do you come here and post, day in and day out, propaganda like this that should only be coming from a prohibitionist on the staff of the attorney general? You have been around long enough to know the real answers but you post false propaganda daily.

Nice to see you commenting!  I hope all is well with you and yours!

Peace