Trusted Seed Banks ?

Pain

does anyone have experience with medicann?

they seem to have top shelf genetics...

I know there are folks who have had problems with or dislike them/him, but I had a great experience with gypsy and the seed boutique https://www.seedboutique.com

I purchased Dutch Passion Oasis(NL#2) and Skunk#1 and he threw in a free pack of sam the skunkmans Skunk#1

they came in a breeders packs from DP and I got 9 females of the Oasis(one fell off the table and broke her neck or I might have gotten all femakes)

talk about difficulty choosing a keeper LOL but I kept the yielder and the 'lemon pledge' tasty one that also had an "auditory" effect that enhanced listening to music and made me want to pick up my guitar and bust out a couple of tunes...great anti-anxiety meds :-)

I kept and shared them for years and wish I had not lost them :-)

the Skunk#1 from Dutch Passion I didn't have as much luck with and although it was an 8 weeker with solid golfball nugs, the effect varied from plant to plant

the Skunk#1 from sam the skunkman was the best skunk I have ever worked with

she was an 9 weeker but was vigorous for an IBL and had an "astringent" chemical smell with a soaring sativa effect

unfortunately I had light leak and the 2nd round hermied so I culled her as I do all hermies...

only to find the light leak after it was too late...

anyhow those are 2 that "got away" :-(

I have been around long enough to have also had a great experience with Richard and Heavens Stairway

not sure whatever happened to him but he made Emery look like a capitalist greedy gentleman...

ok so I'm old and getting back into the game as I have not had a need to purchase new genetics in a decade or so :-)

dr greenthumbs is my kind of seed broker so I will probably start there but there are so many choices now that I am anxious to try some others as well

I love this hobby :-)

KF

Edited by kindfolk

I grew some of their Lemon Skunk. Hard to pick a keeper. They were all good. They have to be staked up due to large buds and weak stems so plan before hand for support. Buds get better after 2nd or 3rd cloning also.

I also grew some of their Blue Dream. Excellent plants all the way around. Big, frosty buds all over and strong stems.

Edited to add: Lemon Skunk would be a good choice to use before watching movies, listening to music, or anything where you will be sitting/relaxing. It gets a little couchlocky.

Blue Dream is good choice for socializing. Serious cotton mouth but it puts you in the mood for talking. Also lasts a long time and doesn't let you down.

Edited by AmishRnot4ganja

Some of the seedbanks do not accept the walmart blue dot cards was just wondering if they used a pre paid credit or one attached to their bank account.

Will they accept a "Rush Card" instead?  A bit more of a hassle maybe idk, I used one in the beginning of my on line purchasing just fine.

I am not speaking of seed bank purchases though. 

CREDIT CARD / DEBIT CARD

Credit or debit card is the fastest and most simple form of payment.

For both Credit Card and Debit Card purchases, checkout on our website and select the 'Credit Card' option. You will then need to check your invoice and delivery details are correct (make sure you include any apartment numbers etc) and enter your credit card details in our 100% secure payment area. Please ensure you submit a valid email address as this is where you will receive any further instructions from us as well as your shipping confirmation email when your order is shipped.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had to call my credit card in the past to authorize a foreign charge. It was no biggy.

the only pita I've experienced is when I tried to use prepaid cards for the purchase.

I suggest using a disposable email address. some companies sell the email before the order is shipped, like many online sellers

I've never seen an unauthorized charge on a cc used overseas. I wish I could say the same for amazon purchases. :cigar:

I know things are changing, but everything is still technically the same as it was 10yrs ago, legally speaking. They would bust/charge us based shippers. The guy was kind of an donkey, but some kid purchased seeds he was shipping us based w a cc. Mom found out and complained. He got busted. And another known example is emery and the dea... Extradition all over seeds. Heck, they even jailed gypsy for a couple of years in se asia trying to extradite him. All of that recent activity,last couple to six years ago. All super easy for them to do w a trail, such as with practically all money movement today. Those prepaid are no longer anon, and cc processors still try to deny access to known seed vendors, but they def have a direct transaction history going this route. Cash/mo's from a reputable overseas vendor is still the only safe way, and customs may still nick it. But times r a changing i suppose. One would think seeds are not a priority, but... Make it easy and they will do what is easy.

• 4 months later...

sent cash many ties with great results  www.hempdepot.ca

"Seeds are sold as souvenirs. No guarantee on germination.

Loss or damage in the mail, is the chance the customer takes."

Most seed banks stand behind their genetics and offer replacements if lost in the mail they look to have a nice selection but their disclaimer will prevent me from spending any money with their company.

I just received my first order from http://truenorthseedbank.com/. They accept charge cards and the order arrived promptly.

The were out of the strain that I asked for as my freebie so they sent two different but similar strains as replacements.

They are located within driving distance between here and Niagara Falls. (slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch . . . )

• 1 year later...

Lately I've been ordering from BCBudDepot with credit card.  Orders are guaranteed to arrive or they will resend. Very good strains so far...God's Gift, C99, cheese, strawberry cough.... blueberry too. 

also, Jackson compassion center's Seed Cellar is decent but no credit cards and no longer a store to go to 😐

I used Dr Greenthumb twice.  Not any more.  His Mediplant is a joke. Had three  phenos, maybe 4!  ...one pure sativa which took 14 weeks. Was advertised as an awesome 50/50.  I had tons of it. Gave tons away. Taste was blah and buzz was ok.   Docs C99 is incredible and I'm sure others of his are....I just don't trust them anymore.  

Sure would be nice to be able to easily get seeds. 🙄

Happy growing ! 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...