Why Bernie Sanders Still Can — And Should — Win The Nomination

beourbud

Right, right, I need to quit reading ahead and spoiling it for everyone. This fight for the nomination needs to reach a proper crescendo before the make-up and consolidation. Without that it will sound a little flat. Gotta keep em separated until the perfect moment for the famous final scene where they run across the field of wild flowers and hug. 

Welcome to the grand illusion.  It's all a charade.

Welcome to the grand illusion.  It's all a charade.

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”

Frank Zappa

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”

Frank Zappa

Wild Bill for president!

or heck beourbud for prez!  we sure need somthing better than we have to choose from,,,,,I just cant vote for billary, and I am so worried about what problems trump may cause.  It seems clear he may loose it while in the white house and embarass the heck out of our whole country!

I respect bernie for hanging in there, and Im not giving up untill the fat lady sings!

Peace

It's totally irrelevant. Hillary has the most popular votes, regardless of delegates & superdelegates.

I do not believe that and besides general population votes mean nothing in the nomination process, it is all up to the delegates and super delegates, which I think is sooooo wrong, all elections, primary or general should be determined by the voting populace, not by some pre-selected, probably paid dink. I called Sen. Stabenow's office and pleaded she vote with general populce of Michigan and vote for Bernie, i'm sure to no avail, but I tried anyway.

Farmer Brown

I do not believe that and besides general population votes mean nothing in the nomination process, it is all up to the delegates and super delegates, which I think is sooooo wrong, all elections, primary or general should be determined by the voting populace, not by some pre-selected, probably paid dink. I called Sen. Stabenow's office and pleaded she vote with general populce of Michigan and vote for Bernie, i'm sure to no avail, but I tried anyway.

Farmer Brown

Senator Stabenow is a super delegate here in our great state, for those that may not know :>)

Farmer Brown

First you say that you don't believe that Hillary has more overall votes than Bernie. Your "belief" is irrelevant. Facts are facts and you are wrong.

But then you say it doesn't matter because it's up to the delegates & super delegates, and also state that you'd be fine with delegates going against the majority vote.

And finally you say that system is wrong anyway, and it SHOULD be up to the voters.

Confused much?

Yup, bernie was done a long time ago. I guess some of us just weren't willing to fight hard enough for bernie. Proud of michigan, but clintons 'lead' before a vote was cast was just too big. Trump is gonna win this crap. Christ.

Trump will lose big time if Bernie starts doing something for Hillary. Even not, there is so much that still says HRC will be the next prez, not the least which being the electoral college which gives her a large advantage coming out of the gates. Unlikely that Don the Con can "flip" states that have voted historically dem. His negatives are much higher than HRC. Latinos are registering in record numbers to vote against him. Shiit, the man insulted a top Repub Hispanic governor. HRC has the Black vote. She has the female vote bagged. The press is now holding Trump more accountable for his statements and serial lies.HRC is getting aggressive, Gary Johnson will likely take away more Republican votes than Democrat. 

And I still have faith in humanity that they wouldn't elect someone like drumpf.

Edited by zachw

Trump will lose big time if Bernie starts doing something for Hillary. Even not, there is so much that still says HRC will be the next prez, not the least which being the electoral college which gives her a large advantage coming out of the gates. Unlikely that Don the Con can "flip" states that have voted historically dem. His negatives are much higher than HRC. Latinos are registering in record numbers to vote against him. Shiit, the man insulted a top Repub Hispanic governor. HRC has the Black vote. She has the female vote bagged. The press is now holding Trump more accountable for his statements and serial lies.HRC is getting aggressive, Gary Johnson will likely take away more Republican votes than Democrat. 

And I still have faith in humanity that they wouldn't elect someone like drumpf.

word. I hope you are right, but I'm fearful that dems and repubs put too much in their respective baskets when independents make up almost half of the voting population. I agree with you mostly, especially that bernie will be a key to hrc's victory. I guess I'm saying that I won't be the least bit surprised if trump wins.

Hillary would honestly make a better prep rally leader lol

First you say that you don't believe that Hillary has more overall votes than Bernie. Your "belief" is irrelevant. Facts are facts and you are wrong.

But then you say it doesn't matter because it's up to the delegates & super delegates, and also state that you'd be fine with delegates going against the majority vote.

And finally you say that system is wrong anyway, and it SHOULD be up to the voters.

Confused much?

You are the one that is confused, the votes that you and I make in the primary really has little effect on the presidential nomination, when the democratic convention comes the only ones voting will be the delegates and the super delegates, I never said I would be fine with the dlegates voting against the voter majority( you are injecting your thoughts here!)I wanted Senator Stabenow to vote with the majority of voters in our state(Michigan), Bernie took the majority of votes in Michigan( that is what I said)You need to slow down and read all the words and not interject inflection, jeesh!!

Farmer Brown

Bernie does make a good point about the delegates might not get placed in a fair way when an election is really close. Someone without the popular vote might get nominated. This election is not that close. So he's trying to get it fixed for future years when it could be closer than this election. Hillary won this nomination fair and square.

Trump is an example for some Americans that don't know how to act to get schooled on how dumb and mean they sound when they say some things like Trump does. One small lesson right after another. Trump steps on his tongue with another racist gaff and the press gets to school the ignorant public on how wrong it is. I see this as schooling, just like having to have a black president has schooled many. They (blacks) really aren't monkeys? They are actually more intelligent than every racist? Oh my. Grandfather was a racist and a lot of what he told you was ignorant.

I feel very disgusted with Trumps statements and attitudes, while most of what he says is just pure b.s., he spews hate. Having said that, I find Hillary completely repulsive, as like a lizard in a human skin, I just keep waiting for her to hiss like a snake!! In my 44 years of voting, I have never been at such a feeling of despair as to our seemingly two presidential candidates in this election.I, personally have not yet counted Bernie completely out( it's not over until the fat lady sings!), but if and when it does come down to the two evils, one is just as bad as the other, I am going to have to make one of the toughest decisions I have ever made as a voter. Deep inside I feel that this election has more hanging in balance than probably any other election I have been through since I was old enough to vote!! I'm not sure why I feel this way, just a creepy undertone to the whole election process this time!!

Feeling handcuffed!!

Farmer Brown

I feel very disgusted with Trumps statements and attitudes, while most of what he says is just pure b.s., he spews hate. Having said that, I find Hillary completely repulsive, as like a lizard in a human skin, I just keep waiting for her to hiss like a snake!! In my 44 years of voting, I have never been at such a feeling of despair as to our seemingly two presidential candidates in this election.I, personally have not yet counted Bernie completely out( it's not over until the fat lady sings!), but if and when it does come down to the two evils, one is just as bad as the other, I am going to have to make one of the toughest decisions I have ever made as a voter. Deep inside I feel that this election has more hanging in balance than probably any other election I have been through since I was old enough to vote!! I'm not sure why I feel this way, just a creepy undertone to the whole election process this time!!

Feeling handcuffed!!

Farmer Brown

You really should get that in check. You have some sort of a mental issue going on there. I don't know you so I can't tell where this is exactly coming from. Somehow you have deep seated hatred for no apparent reason. It's not healthy. 

The only thing I can think of is that old bible story about the woman with the apple of knowledge and the snake. Maybe that story planted a seed long ago and it's being manifested now when you are faced with a woman leader. 

Edited by Restorium2

You really should get that in check. You have some sort of a mental issue going on there. I don't know you so I can't tell where this is exactly coming from. Somehow you have deep seated hatred for no apparent reason. It's not healthy. 

The only thing I can think of is that old bible story about the woman with the apple of knowledge and the snake. Maybe that story planted a seed long ago and it's being manifested now when you are faced with a woman leader.

wtf, dude. Nothing wrong with farmer b coming on here and saying how he feels. However, there is something wrong with you claiming he has a mental issue, has deep seated hatred and is sexist. Wow, that's a lot to glean of of what he said. Why dont you tell me now how it had nothing to do with farmer b, and how you are educating the masses or some bs?

(Enter beourbud)

wtf, dude. Nothing wrong with farmer b coming on here and saying how he feels. However, there is something wrong with you claiming he has a mental issue, has deep seated hatred and is sexist. Wow, that's a lot to glean of of what he said. Why dont you tell me now how it had nothing to do with farmer b, and how you are educating the masses or some bs?

(Enter beourbud)

I beleive farmer brown said he was a she some where in here,,,,,,im thinking f.b is female!

so the deep feeling of the snake and tree may not work on this one lol!

I have to say I feel alot like fb feels, I dont have any good options to vote for pres, and I dont want to think bernie is totaly beat either!

It is free to dream and I love dreaming!

Peace