Number Of Plants Vs. Lighting?

Alleyenoisdope

Lets break it down like this, in the picture i provided earlier in this post, i have 4 plants in a scrog. For those 4 plants, i have about ten days of rooting, another 10-14 days in a solo cup or pre veg, then an additionall 21-25 days in full veg in there final pot..so well just say 5 weeks total from cut to get into flower to fill that canopy for that light. Now with sog method, it would of been the same 10 days or so for cloning, then only a week to two weeks max of veg or pre veg and then to there final resting place, but instead of 4 plants, i would need around 35-40 plants depending on strain to cover the same canopy but saving about 3 weeks of total time on the cycle to get the same effect, so in conclusion it would give me an extra 2 cycles per year. Make sense?

thats not true when you factor in time.

100% true. Maybe you will save time in veg on the first round before anything is in the flower room, but you aren't gaining more turns in flower. You will still only get max "X" amount of turns and lbs a year under a light. You are actually saving a lot of time! Your time and labor by not having to work like a dog planting and transplanting an excessive amount of unneccesary plants to get to achieve the same goal.

Alley, you can put one light in that room or 6 but if your environment i.e. RH, Temp, VPD are out of whack your not offering the plants the proper enviro to live up to their max potential. Enviro is #1. The rendering is cool, many people never give good measurements, your just missing A/C equipment you have avail. 1k's are preferred, lamps with less wattage don't offer enough micro moles for proper/peak essential oil production. Thc/essential oil production requires more micro moles than a 600w hid can put out. Two 1k's in your main area and u will be killing it shortly. The size of the veg room doesn't offer a lot in the line of trays and fixture placement in there. A piece of Pond liner in there would be nice for clean up and a MH lamp or a couple of T5 fixtures will be plenty.

I flower under 1000 watt bulbs, and put two under each. Have done it other ways with as many as six or seven. Of late I prefer two.... Fewer mouths to feed, lower plant count, are pluses. Heavy containers to handle, a negative...

I too find at optimum, a light will only yield so many grams, so this discussion comes down to personal choice...

The discussion more rightly should also ask: small plants, medium plants, large plants at the time you go to flower. All styles can work well and all styles can fail horrendously... As many will agree, if they are being candid.

Just like the hydro vs dirt discussion, it all comes down to your own personal preference.

I flower under 1000 watt bulbs, and put two under each. Have done it other ways with as many as six or seven. Of late I prefer two.... Fewer mouths to feed, lower plant count, are pluses. Heavy containers to handle, a negative...

I too find at optimum, a light will only yield so many grams, so this discussion comes down to personal choice...

The discussion more rightly should also ask: small plants, medium plants, large plants at the time you go to flower. All styles can work well and all styles can fail horrendously... As many will agree, if they are being candid.

Just like the hydro vs dirt discussion, it all comes down to your own personal preference.

Taking a break from trimming  thinking of a way not to have to trim, so many plants what kind of yields you pulling going 2 per 1 k and what method dirt hydro ?

100% true. Maybe you will save time in veg on the first round before anything is in the flower room, but you aren't gaining more turns in flower. You will still only get max "X" amount of turns and lbs a year under a light. You are actually saving a lot of time! Your time and labor by not having to work like a dog planting and transplanting an excessive amount of unneccesary plants to get to achieve the same goal.

Alley, you can put one light in that room or 6 but if your environment i.e. RH, Temp, VPD are out of whack your not offering the plants the proper enviro to live up to their max potential. Enviro is #1. The rendering is cool, many people never give good measurements, your just missing A/C equipment you have avail. 1k's are preferred, lamps with less wattage don't offer enough micro moles for proper/peak essential oil production. Thc/essential oil production requires more micro moles than a 600w hid can put out. Two 1k's in your main area and u will be killing it shortly. The size of the veg room doesn't offer a lot in the line of trays and fixture placement in there. A piece of Pond liner in there would be nice for clean up and a MH lamp or a couple of T5 fixtures will be plenty.

Gotcha. Pond liner? Is this used as some sort of reflective surface?

Gotcha! As I am strongly considering going the hydro-way.

biocanna is really good bottled stuff. Like, really good.

I'd personally urge you to go full organic soil. I'm biased tho! There isn't a better feeling than mixing up that soil and watching it cook and grow into a nice living beast. No bottles, no measuring, no spills, no fuss....just a few bags of poop sitting around. Look up Clackamas coots if you ever have the urge.

Ive been hydro for years, and the best i have found is http://www.house-garden.us/  i have seen growth of 2" a day, easy to mix and across the board fairly inexpensive.. check them out before you decide.

Ive been hydro for years, and the best i have found is http://www.house-garden.us/  i have seen growth of 2" a day, easy to mix and across the board fairly inexpensive.. check them out before you decide.

I've heard many good things about their products. How would you say they matched up against Botanicare brand?

I tried it quite some time ago.. it worked fine no issues....But the results were slow to me, seemed like i kept waiting for something to happen..I got approx 3-4 oz harvest with botanicare,, strain specific,  it seemed like it didn't quite hit the spot.. I changed to H&G and  I noticed something happening pretty quick with house and garden, I mean over night the plants looked like something had happened.. then each day it seemed like they soared at a quicker pace..  i could literally see them growing daily.(measured growth 2.5 inches a day for 10 days).. ...I  got my harvest up 40% when i changed.. I'm pretty much sold on H&G  I tried lots of things over the years.. and with out a doubt H&G rocks..

I tried it quite some time ago.. it worked fine no issues....But the results were slow to me, seemed like i kept waiting for something to happen..I got approx 3-4 oz harvest with botanicare,, strain specific,  it seemed like it didn't quite hit the spot.. I changed to H&G and  I noticed something happening pretty quick with house and garden, I mean over night the plants looked like something had happened.. then each day it seemed like they soared at a quicker pace..  i could literally see them growing daily.(measured growth 2.5 inches a day for 10 days).. ...I  got my harvest up 40% when i changed.. I'm pretty much sold on H&G  I tried lots of things over the years.. and with out a doubt H&G rocks..

Sounds like my kinda products. Thanks for tip.

It doesn't make a difference if you have 100 plants under a light or 1, you will average the same weight.

if plant # don't matter and u love to work 18 and sleep 6 and you yearn for federal prison:

put the tiniest rooted clones of the same strain (and precisely the same size) as you can cram within the light spread. Use 600 w lamp(s).  (600s are the most efficient high intensity discharge lamp). Add Co2.  The technique is called sea of green.  This is the second most efficient grow possible in 80 sf. 80 wpsf.

The first and most efficient grow possible of all methods in 80 sf is a version of sea of green, but with seeds, all the same strain, from same vendor.  1 seed per square inch, in rockwool cubes or similar types of 1"x 1" cubes.  12/12 from germination, with CO2. You can have a real job and a real life growing this way.  Slight labor plus greater yield than clones.  80 wpsf.

Now, if freedom matters to you and you can live fulfilled without going to federal prison and shooting the sheet with other big growers and dealers about how big a grower you were on the outside, then being legal as to #s greatly matters, so grow trees, which is the third most efficient use of 80 sf @ 80 watts psf with again, 600 watters, and again CO2. What Dr. Greenthumb Seeds, Ontario, Canada grows in their labs using deep water culture with a common rez, in 20 gal pots holding single trees flowered at 24 inches, ulll call a lie or a gdamn lie until you have seen for yourself. 

Edited by pic book

no way, medemanmike.  80 watts per square foot over each of 80 square feet.  i don't mention anything about wet pounds per square feet, or for that matter, dry quantity per square foot.  If you are truly serious, and i challenge you to become serious, go see docs grower's labs.

f those folks who would call bs when they haven't seen with their own eyeballs.  put yours to use, if u are serious (and most growers are not) just wanna snipe outa hate and like you, GUESS.  the hell with haters and their guessing.  take ur arrogant and ignorant self to ontario and see for yourself.  cattty attitudes po me, you notice?