Cannabis Is A Diuretic

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3533417/

The rapidity with which cannabinoids produce their full diuretic effects was surprising.

The finding that cannabinoids also dose-dependently increase diuresis importantly provides a separate and independent physiologic response that can serve as a robust and reliable measure of CB1-mediated actions.

In conclusion, the present results demonstrate that behaviorally active doses of exogenous cannabinoids also produce profound diuretic effects in female and male rats. These results suggest that diuresis may occur separately, yet simultaneously, with other measures of cannabinoid activity in laboratory animals and, perhaps, in humans.

theres also some links to other studies.

greg is asking if anyone has felt more urine flow, a complete emptying of the bladder, a reduction in water retention, etc.

greg, what are common symptoms of water retention? swelling of the extremities, like wrists or ankles. swelling of the abdomen. anything else?

YES, I have a neurogenic bladder do to herniated disks t9-t10. And I did notice a more complete emptying of my bladder, which then has given way to less accidents.  I have also noticed that if I use a more indica strain ( for muscle relaxing) I will need to urinate after medicating even if I just went.  I also feel less pressure. 

YES, I have a neurogenic bladder do to herniated disks t9-t10. And I did notice a more complete emptying of my bladder, which then has given way to less accidents.  I have also noticed that if I use a more indica strain ( for muscle relaxing) I will need to urinate after medicating even if I just went.  I also feel less pressure. 

thanks for sharing your experience. The info is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 4/14/2021 at 6:27 PM, PippaFraser said:

I guess this study is quite updated, but still has a couple of interesting insights. Need more.

Have you tried to google the recent studies? There are some good papers posted on ncbi and researchgate. Worth of reading. In general, I think that cannabis has proved its effectiveness and can help people a lot. I don't understand such people who are against legalizing it. I'm lucky because I live in Canada and our government takes pro-drug position. The majority of people here understand that such things like weed or magic mushrooms are necessary to help people with severe diseases. As for me, I usually get magic shrooms at https://getkush.io/product-category/magic-mushrooms/ because my doctor recommended me to check out this website.

Edited by DominicWhite