$100,000 To Gladwin City Police Drug Forfeiture Account.

http://www.gladwinmi.com/news/money-will-purchase-equipment-for-police-department/article_5caad18a-2cd8-11e6-aab4-8fcf1012df06.html

GLADWIN – The City of Gladwin will be investing money into their police department, according to officials. That money was turned over to Gladwin following the investigation and plea agreement regarding a former local doctor.

Mayor Tom Winarski announced Tuesday that after a multi-year investigation by the City of Gladwin Police Department, Dr. Kandarp Vora pled guilty on April 18 to one count of Attempted Medical Records–False Information in the City of Gladwin.

Dr. Vora was sentenced to pay fines and costs. As part of the plea agreement, Dr. Vora also turned over a $100,000 check to the Gladwin City Police Department for placement in the City’s drug forfeiture account.

This was just placed in drug forfeiture account to be utilized to purchase equipment for the police department (previous purchases have included body cameras, tasers, and in-car cameras), officer training, and to help fund officer hours for additional large-scale investigation hours.

“We wish to thank the Gladwin County Prosecutor Aaron Miller for his support and tedious work in the prosecution of this case,” said Mayor Winarski. “A special thanks to the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan investigators and the Drug Enforcement Administration for their help.”

The investigation continues into other persons of interest in this case.

I used to go to a dr. in gladwin, He got shut down prob 4 yrs ago, it wasnt the dr. in this thread!  I wound up going where is old rnp went in standish, she certed me thru her m.d for 1 yr, after that they quit renewing or certing people, she still seen me and wrote me rx's, and we often talked about the benifits of mm vs narcotics!

I wonder if my old doc in gladwin has been thru the court system yet, he was writing to many rx's and I believe a few of his pt's died of over dose!

Peace