Prayers For Orlando Victims And Families

beourbud

The terrorist acts or homophobic,or ???, they all need to stop, but I digress when it comes to "stop this at all costs"( sorry Phaquetoo), Clinton is already hammering the guns for this and other crimes, hell he could have caused a bunch of killing and maiming with a baseball bat or a machete, give me an effing break!!!! We have some customers up here who think that semi automatic weapons are the same as fully automatic, they have no clue and will not even listen when I try to explain the difference, this type of hysterical knee jerk reaction will cause more harm than good, then tptb will have to go back and retract the knee jerk reactionary laws that will get put in place in a fit of hysteria, seems not one single person in power has a level head anymore, jeesh!!!

Farmer Brown

The terrorist acts or homophobic,or ???, they all need to stop, but I digress when it comes to "stop this at all costs"( sorry Phaquetoo), Clinton is already hammering the guns for this and other crimes, hell he could have caused a bunch of killing and maiming with a baseball bat or a machete, give me an effing break!!!! We have some customers up here who think that semi automatic weapons are the same as fully automatic, they have no clue and will not even listen when I try to explain the difference, this type of hysterical knee jerk reaction will cause more harm than good, then tptb will have to go back and retract the knee jerk reactionary laws that will get put in place in a fit of hysteria, seems not one single person in power has a level head anymore, jeesh!!!

Farmer Brown

Oh, please, he wouldn't have been able to kill 49 and injure as many more with "a baseball bat or a machete."  

Gun rights absolutists are being intellectually dishonest when they make such claims.

When threats are made towards other members those posts will be hidden.

Nothing is deleted, they are hidden from public view for admin to review.

You cannot threaten members and expect those posts to stand.

Imiubu,

I certainly hope no one took anything I said as a threat, So Sorry if so!!!

Phaquetoo,

I agree with what you are saying, I was only trying to say,please, not at ALL costs. I was not trying to flog you, at all!!!

Zachw,

The point is that kneejerk reactions NEVER work, it is not the guns!!! And how in  the dickens did a guy on a terror watch list get the go ahead to purchase a firearm in the first place, a complete failure of the system, as will be when unneccesary gun restrictions are put in place. Did Austrailia a lot of good!!!

Farmer Brown

Imiubu,

I certainly hope no one took anything I said as a threat, So Sorry if so!!!

Phaquetoo,

I agree with what you are saying, I was only trying to say,please, not at ALL costs. I was not trying to flog you, at all!!!

Zachw,

The point is that kneejerk reactions NEVER work, it is not the guns!!! And how in  the dickens did a guy on a terror watch list get the go ahead to purchase a firearm in the first place, a complete failure of the system, as will be when unneccesary gun restrictions are put in place. Did Austrailia a lot of good!!!

Farmer Brown

Thank You!

I Aplogize to You also, obviously you didnt get to read my post's lol some times that is a good thing!

:butt2:

Peace

When threats are made towards other members those posts will be hidden.

Nothing is deleted, they are hidden from public view for admin to review.

You cannot threaten members and expect those posts to stand.

I dont agree, But dont matter.

I beleive I was defending and setting boarders, and im sure others would agree, not all.

Im outta here!

Peace

And how in  the dickens did a guy on a terror watch list get the go ahead to purchase a firearm in the first place, a complete failure of the system, as will be when unneccesary gun restrictions are put in place. Did Austrailia a lot of good!!!

Farmer Brown

How in the dickens? Really? It's CALLED THE NRA!

You can thank their successful lobbying for the inability of the government to create reasonable barriers to acquiring guns, for easily obtainable assault weapons, for the government being legally barred from studying gun death statistics, for no central registration database or shared databases for different law enforcement agencies, for state-by-state laws that make it impossible for ANY state to stem the flow of guns (and make it friggin against the law for MMMA holders to legally purchase a weapon!)

Well...it was a gun free zone, alot of good that did...i stand by the notion that if it wasnt, someone may have been carrying legaly and been able to save a few lives. So if he was not able to legally buy a firearm from a store front, do you think that would of changed what happened? All of these regulations and laws have proven time and time again that they do not work, banning civilians from legally acquiring and carrying firearms does not work, will not work, and never will work. It just creates places, where a nut job can go willy nillly and kill a few people without fear of someone shooting back to get his message across.

Oh, please, he wouldn't have been able to kill 49 and injure as many more with "a baseball bat or a machete."  

Gun rights absolutists are being intellectually dishonest when they make such claims.

No but he needed skill with a gun.  A pipe bomb all you need is to be able to work a lighter and the malaise will have people trampling each other.  He had a "device".  What I want to know is how 3 off duty police officers didn't loose their lives when they were providing "security".  Personally I take my jobs as purpose and take them very seriously.  I would've drawn fire while keeping my eye on my mark and unloading my clip the whole time.  At that time the other 2 should have been able to take him out.  i know I wasn;t there and can't see what would've happened but that is the first question I have.  Why did 3 armed men not stop this terrorist?  Were tehy on "security" duty or were they making a couple bucks while off work? I know, all things are 20/20 in hindsight.  I'm sure it wasn't cut and dry but I don't know what can be done if 3 armed cops can't stop teh guy.  Making guns harder to get may have changed things(probably not) but what about the rights of 100's of thousands who own assault rifles who want nothing more than to be able to shoot some rounds on the weekend or feel teh need to be prepared to defend their family?  Do we take away all their rights to possibly affect something?  What about all the people who would loose their lives while trying to "take back" all these assault rifles?  I ask anyone who wants assault rifles gone to be the first to walk down that driveway to take one back from a citizen?  Just as I ask any politician voting for war to be on the front lines.  I don't think anyone should ask of someone unless they are willing to be the first in line.

Edited by Norby

A few years ago there was an attack in Japan, two guys wielding baseball bats killed over 30 people and injured many more, so do not think for a minute it cannot be done with a bat or a machete. I'm sure if one had time to look forit, there are many more examples.

Farmer Brown

How in the dickens? Really? It's CALLED THE NRA!

You can thank their successful lobbying for the inability of the government to create reasonable barriers to acquiring guns, for easily obtainable assault weapons, for the government being legally barred from studying gun death statistics, for no central registration database or shared databases for different law enforcement agencies, for state-by-state laws that make it impossible for ANY state to stem the flow of guns (and make it friggin against the law for MMMA holders to legally purchase a weapon!)

Some of what you say is true and some is not. I purchased a new rifle a few years back( I am a caregiver,but not a patient) and your name goes through a FEDERAL database, you MUST pass a FBI clearance before you  can purchase a firearm from a retail outlet, so for this guy to have purchased a rifle was a complete failure of the FBI( as I said before) Your hatred of the NRA is very obvious, but misguided. I would venture to say you are an urban dweller and I would also venture that your exposure to firearms has been very,very limited. I was raised around firearms all my life with several generations of family members "plinking" cans together on a weekend afternoon, great fun!!!! You need to get ALL your facts together before you make such "blanket" statements.

Farmer Brown

I have been helping a church, They are doing some remodeling and dry wall and things I used to do for a living,  so I figure I can go and advise and maybe spread a little mud and tape to show how it is done, so others could possibly do it right.

Any how the preacher and his wife went on a annaversarry camp trip to a camp ground that has gun ranges, they went their to shoot their weapons for fun, they enjoy it and they dont have any reason other than they like to shoot their guns at targets!

Guns dont Kill, People Kill!

Peace

The guy has SOME points.  It's a problem when you just dismiss someones whole story because he's a racist.  You really have to start thinking about listening to people instead of just dismissing them because they are "on the other side" because these people see the world in a different way than you and may see things you just dismiss without ever giving it any thought.  These are other people in the world that we have to "get along with".  The divide will never end if you don't at least try to see another point of view.  I'm not talking about becoming a racist!  Just talking about being vigilant.

Edited by Norby

Some of what you say is true and some is not. I purchased a new rifle a few years back( I am a caregiver,but not a patient) and your name goes through a FEDERAL database, you MUST pass a FBI clearance before you  can purchase a firearm from a retail outlet, so for this guy to have purchased a rifle was a complete failure of the FBI( as I said before) Your hatred of the NRA is very obvious, but misguided. I would venture to say you are an urban dweller and I would also venture that your exposure to firearms has been very,very limited. I was raised around firearms all my life with several generations of family members "plinking" cans together on a weekend afternoon, great fun!!!! You need to get ALL your facts together before you make such "blanket" statements.

Farmer Brown

Please tell me which of my facts are wrong except for my utter disdain for the NRA because of their relentless attempts to prevent any kind of reasonable restrictions on acquiring firearms.

Furthermore:

- Background checks are not required under federal law for intrastate firearm transfers between private parties and consequently it is completely up to the states to perform them. 

- A dozen states still do not submit mental health records to NICS. 

- Legislation allowing the attorney general to block sales of firearms or explosives to people as long as there is “a reasonable belief that such individual may use a firearm or explosive in connection with terrorism.” was BLOCKED by Republicans in a straight party-line vote!!!

And oh yeah, Farmer Brown, regarding your claim that gun laws haven't accomplished anything in Australia, here is a tongue-in-cheek article whose title says it all:

Australia Enjoys Another Peaceful Day Under Oppressive Gun Control Regime

"...the peaceful two decades that have followed are "probably" because the Australian government decided to strip us of our God-given right to own projectile weaponry capable of shooting down helicopters."

A few years ago there was an attack in Japan, two guys wielding baseball bats killed over 30 people and injured many more, so do not think for a minute it cannot be done with a bat or a machete. I'm sure if one had time to look forit, there are many more examples.

Farmer Brown

Perhaps you could produce a link to this incident? Surely there would be a record of this attrocity. Seeing as how it seems it would be a record itself ...of people killed with a blunt instrument.