Surprise Urine Screen At Doctors Office...

You may find this funny!  I beleive I was permanantly damaged also!

I used to dj and karaoke host!  I used to sing well over 200 songs, I have won host's contests and trips, My voice got all screwed up, all I can figure is I was doing alot of yelling and screaming, I have memory's of being moved from cell to cell because I was very much creating havoc in the cells I was put in, I only remember weird things, it seems like dreams, I honestly still dont know what happened or what I did while in jail!

I no longer can sing, my voice is not the same, It dont sound the same when I talk either!  oh well it realy wasnt the best thing for me to be doing for extra cash, it is not good for relationships when you are the entertainment in a bar, I got all of the attn because I was in control of the music lol, and man women can be cruel, when my lady wasnt there It was pretty much normal, but when she came to help or watch, women would come up and flirt,  they would say stuff like what song are you going to play for me tonite sexy right in front of her lol!

When I was doing that if I saw a table of women having a good time, and most were getting asked to dance by men in the bar, I would always go ask the one that never got asked to dance, I had cordless mic's and remotes, I was there to entertain and make people feel good,  I never acted any different when my lady was there or not!  but the lady's in the audience acted differently lol!

Peace

I am a musician and performer as well (unfortunately I was not blessed with a natural singing voice but I make do ;-)

because I can get up in front of people and perform 'like it's nothing' folks find it hard to believe that I have social anxiety...

it used to be that I couldn't get on stage without consuming a good amount of alcohol or I would often get stage fright and blow a gig :-(

since I have been prescribed xanax I have not once had that problem (knock on wood)

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a serious side effect/withdraw although I know how it is being an entertainer...

you probably saved your relationship ;-)

KF

Some doctors just have not caught up with reality. Every time I go to my pain clinic, I have to fill out some form that asks if I use any illicit drugs like marijuana. I check no because I don’t have the time to start arguing with a doctor over the law and because MMJ is not an illicit drug.

Usually if you have a difficult doctor and they find out you’re a MMJ patient it’s best to find another. Since this isn’t always possible and the doctor may not be hostile, you can always try to explain things in a polite manner.

Print out a copy of the MMMA. Highlight the following for them:

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act.

Last time I checked, being denied medical treatment because you’re a MMJ patient is both a penalty and denial of basic privileges. It’s no different from a doctor not wanting to treat you because of your race or religion.

I understand the whole cold turkey BS in jails/prisons though. It’s pretty messed up and I guess these people don’t consider inmates as actual humans anymore. If you want some real horror stories read about the prisoners in new Orleans during hurricane Katrina (2005). They left many of them in 4-5ft of toilet water for 3-4 days with no food or anything to drink, many who had not been found guilty and were only charged with misdemeanors.

Edited by Alphabob

Some doctors just have not caught up with reality. Every time I go to my pain clinic, I have to fill out some form that asks if I use any illicit drugs like marijuana. I check no because I don’t have the time to start arguing with a doctor over the law and because MMJ is not an illicit drug.

Usually if you have a difficult doctor and they find out you’re a MMJ patient it’s best to find another. Since this isn’t always possible and the doctor may not be hostile, you can always try to explain things in a polite manner.

Print out a copy of the MMMA. Highlight the following for them:

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act.

Last time I checked, being denied medical treatment because you’re a MMJ patient is both a penalty and denial of basic privileges. It’s no different from a doctor not wanting to treat you because of your race or religion.

I understand the whole cold turkey BS in jails/prisons though. It’s pretty messed up and I guess these people don’t consider inmates as actual humans anymore. If you want some real horror stories read about the prisoners in new Orleans during hurricane Katrina (2005). They left many of them in 4-5ft of toilet water for 3-4 days with no food or anything to drink, many who had not been found guilty and were only charged with misdemeanors.

bob I like the way you think :-)

thanks for sharing the section to highlight

I have to send the doc some paperwork from my insurance provider, and although I tend to avoid confrontation these days, I will include a copy of the MMMA and highlight the sections that you suggested

I'm anxious to see how she reacts...

I might also include some literature pertaining to the possibility of causing a stroke by cutting someone off of this particular med ;-)

but if I do include it I had better be prepared to have clean urine in case it backfires on me :-)

I am a natural anti-authoritarian, but I have learned not to bite off my nose to spite my face...

I simply need to find a new doc...

KF

WHY?  out of suspicion that she is selling the pills instead of taking them.

Yes that is the main reason pain dr.'s give urine screens,  I go to a pain clinic now, my pain clinic urine screens me periodectly,  Mine told me it was to make sure Im using the rx's.  I am allowed to use mm as long as my card is upto date, and they write my rx's,  I have had dr.'s like this in the past, Im hoping this one last's, but im not holding my breath, at 53 yrs old it is not hard for me to find a dr. that will look and my medical records and imediatly write my rx's, now that dont mean they will let me use mm also!

Right now im good, but who knows in a few days, wks, months or yrs?

Peace

It's permissible to take so many pills you become a zombie, just barely able to function, but if you decide you don't need them as often you're under suspicion of being a drug dealer.

Makes perfect sense. :huh:

I think I would suggest the doctor check into some meds for her paranoid delusions then take my business elsewhere.

WHY?  out of suspicion that she is selling the pills instead of taking them.

yes, that is the exact reason the nurse qouted. This was her first month using edibles/oil and she found that she didnt need to take the rx dailly. Really only needs to take it about a week out of the month, but none the less she takes one the day before her visits regardless now.

pbo is a mixture of different things and oils. its not "real sensimillia cannabis oil".

i would check the ld50 on all ingredients first before ingesting...

topically its cool tho.

pb and his pbo were at the patients only cup. maybe he will be back in august too.

http://www.pboheals.com/about.html

It is a proprietary all natural combination of olive oil, essential oils, spices and herbs.

I can try to track down the ingredients list (on here somewhere), but if I remember correctly there is an issue with ingesting one of the ingredients during pregnancy, but I don't remember the name. That may not be an issue for your patient. Perhaps he has since removed this ingredient. It makes sense to ask if you can.

ill ask next time im out there, it is highly unlikely she will ever be pregnant due to the extreme the endo has spread, but we have heard some times it does happen.

the pbo website mentions the clary sage to be possibly labor inducing ingredient, which is still included in the pbo.(also sorry for derailing the thread)also, glad it works for your patient.

lol yah im sorry for derailling it too..but thanks..your probably not as happy as me tho. I have to live with her.

its too bad pain relief research has been so neglected by big pharma.

they have focused so long on opiod based drugs and maybe a few anti inflammatories for so soooo long.

like the coca leaf (what cocaine is made from). imagine what pain relief could be had by that!

internet says coca leaf is good for arthritis, headaches, tooth aches, sore throat, altitude sickness and digestive problems.

many people here with digestive problems and arthritis.

PB has a wealth of knowledge and is a good MMJ soldier. But I'd take some pause before using any of his products that are infused with cannabis oil because he was using naphtha for extractions and didn't seem to understand the difference between light naphtha and heavy naphtha. Heavy naphtha includes petroleum compounds with boiling points well above the boiling point of THC. In other words, if you reach a temperature to boil-off the heavy naphtha you then lose THC and other beneficial compounds.

Just know what you are buying.

its too bad pain relief research has been so neglected by big pharma.

they have focused so long on opiod based drugs and maybe a few anti inflammatories for so soooo long.

like the coca leaf (what cocaine is made from). imagine what pain relief could be had by that!

internet says coca leaf is good for arthritis, headaches, tooth aches, sore throat, altitude sickness and digestive problems.

many people here with digestive problems and arthritis.

It hasn’t only been neglected, but set back by a couple hundred years due to several greedy individuals. The US has known how dangerous and addictive opioids were since at least the 1800s. Then came along a family in the late 1900s who created a timed-released version, which they claimed was significantly less addictive and didn’t create tolerance over time. They went around to all the major universities, schools, doctors and started passing out their BS literature/speeches claiming all of this; they were writing the textbooks in many of the cases.

Thanks Purdue and now one of the 10 top richest families in the US even after the hundreds of lawsuits. Do you think hardcore drug dealers like these give a crap about progress in pain management? All they care about are profits and getting people hooked on their pill-form heroin. I say take all their money, toss them in a cell and throw away the key.

http://theweek.com/articles/541564/how-american-opiate-epidemic-started-by-pharmaceutical-company

Even then then tho, i dont know, because edibles and wax were her go to before, but this just blew both out of the water in terms of pain relief.

wow I have some pbo, I added my own bho to it, I only had enough bho at the time to infuse half of my pbo, so I still have some that needs infusing!

Unfortunatly I have not found it to work so far, on my dads sugar soars, my mom's ankle's and my ex's migrains, I have friend putting it on his wrist, he has been doing it now for 5 months, no noticable pain relief,  none of us eat it though!

Im not sure you should eat it, I would make sure with p.b first!

Peace

I can try to track down the ingredients list (on here somewhere), but if I remember correctly there is an issue with ingesting one of the ingredients during pregnancy, but I don't remember the name. That may not be an issue for your patient. Perhaps he has since removed this ingredient. It makes sense to ask if you can.

Osha root extract.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-959-osha.aspx?activeingredientid=959&

No worrys, she is not pregnant, no plans to become pregnant, and is currently taking birth control. As i said before, if someone is willing to give me some hands on experience making rso, or let me outsource it to you that would be fine. If not, onward with topic. Also phaq, he did suggest ingesting the five drops, which is where the relief is actually coming from. The endo has spread to her bladder, kidneys and surrounding organs, so naturally a topical wouldnt be all that useful.

No worrys, she is not pregnant, no plans to become pregnant, and is currently taking birth control. As i said before, if someone is willing to give me some hands on experience making rso, or let me outsource it to you that would be fine. If not, onward with topic. Also phaq, he did suggest ingesting the five drops, which is where the relief is actually coming from. The endo has spread to her bladder, kidneys and surrounding organs, so naturally a topical wouldnt be all that useful.

I would be willing to show you how to make bho, It is not hard to do, it is one of the quickest extractions and It works wonders, I would imagine cannabutter could help also!

You just need a safe place to make bho, no electric, gas pilot lites or witnesses!  You just need to be well ventilated,,,,,No fans! you can do it in a tent in the yard, or a shed with no power, or a detached garage with all electric and gas shut off!  I do it in my camper, I unplug everything including the battery, I open all the windows , I extract it, I use hot tap water to evape it, I put it in my special glass jar and I heat it with a cup/candle warmer, for short periods of time, I keep doing it untill it stops bubbling and the butane is gone,  than you can smoke it or eat it!  I just mix some in peanut butter and put it on an english muffin,,,,

cannabutter can be put on all left over veggies, or anything you like to have butter on, I dont bake with my butter, I beleive it weakens the cannabutter when I make cookies or brownies with it, I always just heat up noodles and than I put the cannabutter on it and I like different flavored cheeses, a little salt and pepper and within an hr my face hurts from smiling and feeling good!

I finaly bought a cool little glass extractor and I have only used it one time, Im so hooked on butter, I usualy cant do it more than one time a day, I like to do it early, I make it pretty strong (2oz to one lb of butter) I make 2 lbs at a time, I freeze one and keep the other in the fridge! I can get good pain releif from it for a couple days, when I take a few puffs off of a joint or pipe I get hella buzzed real easy for 2 days after I eat it!

I have been getting dark chocolate bars from a friend, this time he made some indica and some sativa dark chocolate bars, I have tried the sativa, It made me talkative and motivated, but yet I could still feel it, If I sat down to long I could take a nap,,tomorrow I will be trying the indica, I have had the indica before, I usualy do half in the morning and the other half after dinner, I have woke up with key board head and ciggerette rolling machine head lol, yea Ive had key board dents in my forhead from the indica in the evening lol!  I dont suggest driving any where after your evening dose!

Let me know I will help If I can!

Peace

Jim