Photo

Dea Attorney Claims Feds Will Reschedule Marijuana This August 1.

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 medmanmike

medmanmike

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:22 PM

http://thenationalma...na-this-summer/

"an anonymous attorney for the DEA admitted to a reporter for the Santa Monica Observer – the DEA plans on rescheduling marijuana on August 1, 2016, thereby legalizing medicinal cannabis nationwide."

"By simply changing the plant’s current Schedule One status to a Schedule Two, medical marijuana will instantly become legal in all 50 states with a doctor’s prescription, true research on the plants cannabinoids will finally be allowed, and “medical marijuana” doctors may soon be little more than a distant memory."

"With flashes of wild clarity, the anonymous DEA attorney noted, “Whatever the law may be in California, Arizona or Utah or any other State, because of Federal preemption this will have the effect of making THC products legal with a prescription, in all 50 states.”"
  • Kingdiamond and kindfolk like this

#2 imiubu

imiubu

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

http://thenationalma...na-this-summer/

"an anonymous attorney for the DEA admitted to a reporter for the Santa Monica Observer – the DEA plans on rescheduling marijuana on August 1, 2016, thereby legalizing medicinal cannabis nationwide."

"By simply changing the plant’s current Schedule One status to a Schedule Two, medical marijuana will instantly become legal in all 50 states with a doctor’s prescription, true research on the plants cannabinoids will finally be allowed, and “medical marijuana” doctors may soon be little more than a distant memory."

"With flashes of wild clarity, the anonymous DEA attorney noted, “Whatever the law may be in California, Arizona or Utah or any other State, because of Federal preemption this will have the effect of making THC products legal with a prescription, in all 50 states.”"

I don't believe it and I hope w/ all my might it is not true.

• Indigro likes this

#3 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:40 PM

this probably not true

#4 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:40 PM

better check big pharma to see who's going to be ready first?

#5 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

I think there will be more newspaper stories about groundbreaking new pharmaceutical medications made from cannabis right before this happens. I also don't think it will happen August 1, 2016, and may never happen, i.e. descheduling instead, and not by the DEA.

#6 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

I hope w/ all my might it is not true.

why not? how will marijuana being a schedule 2 hurt you?

#7 kindfolk

kindfolk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:56 PM

one of my most informed friends told me this was coming a couple of months ago...
far out...
KF
  • jonwhite20 likes this

#8 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:06 PM

heres the original article:

http://www.smobserve...ust-1/1484.html

i dunno. the article reads so weird. like a bunch of random crap put together.

The Los Angeles based DEA Attorney who spoke to us, asked to remain anonymous because he was not authorized to speak to the press about the matter. He speculated that this action will be taken in the closing days of the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, so as to motivate the Democratic base to turn out and vote for Hillary Clinton, and other down ballot candidates. She will certainly not reverse this policy decision taken in the waning days of the Barack Obama administration, he said. But Donald Trump might.

see, that sounds like crap. although rescheduling to schedule 2 is in hillary's policy platform
https://www.hillaryc...justice-reform/

Rescheduling marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II substance. Hillary supports medical marijuana and would reschedule marijuana to advance research into its health benefits.

and this is all ignoring that the FDA has not approved marijuana as a treatment for anything. but DEA reclassifying it could cause FDA to approve it, which would give time for pharma to come up with some quick trials.

see, because i dont think there are any prescription medications that dont have fda approval. reversed, if a drug does not have fda approval , it cannot be prescribed.

i still dont get how DEA rescheduling marijuana would encourage democrats to turn out. unless they play up the donald ? dont make sense to me. maybe if christie really will be donalds' AG?

#9 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

This is an obvious hoax. No lawyer would say a rescheduling decision leads to this: "medical marijuana will instantly become legal in all 50 states with a doctor’s prescription." What about the FDA?

#10 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

This is also not something a lawyer would likely say. Well maybe if he was totally anonymous.

What does that even mean, "flashes of wild clarity?" He was unclear most of the time?

#11 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

well, maybe you are more well versed on what has to happen for that to happen, zap.

maybe you are giving the dea federal prosecutor too much credit.

it is quite complicated. i wouldnt expect too many people to know the exact steps (or even general idea of steps).

e.g. the DEA is not the FDA. and DEA prosecutors dont know FDA rules. imo
  • kindfolk likes this

#12 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

I wasn't reading the DEA attorney as DOJ prosecutor, I guess. Anyway, is there even a request in front of a judge on this? That is how it would happen, I believe. A hearing before a DEA Administrative Law Judge. They did it a while ago trying to classify cannabis oil, specifically, as schedule 1.

#13 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:50 PM

There is this, however:

https://www.washingt...e.pdf?tid=a_inl

Apparently the DEA has received recommendations from the FDA on marijuana scheduling.

#14 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:52 PM

They claim to be following this process to determine any rescheduling need:

http://www.deadivers...r/21usc/811.htm

http://www.deadivers...r/21usc/812.htm

As I dig into this, it is not as obvious a hoax. There is real action behind this story, despite the fact that the original posting has been chewed up and spit out by some blog-o-matic. Almost certainly, if pushed by Congress to schedule marijuana as something other than schedule 1, as seems to be happening, the DEA would choose schedule 2, as there's more regulation and enforcement opportunity.

I'd say, however, the immediate impact to patients would be that you can't get marijuana in pharmacies. But maybe Prairie Plant got the whole thing figured out by now. Stems and seeds by mail.

• imiubu and kindfolk like this

#15 pergamum362

pergamum362

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:50 AM

In hindsight, i wish i had not sold gw when it peaked at 99 a share.

#16 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:56 AM

After thinking about this further over the past several hours, if the DEA does the right thing here and releases its stranglehold on medical marijuana, it has a number of beneficial effects for patients, despite the money-grubbing maelstrom it will set off here upon effect of SB660. The real question will be what happens to doctors who prescribe it before there is an FDA-approved herb or preparation thereof?

The closest could be Epidolex, given the results of its trials on Dravet syndrome. It may leapfrog Sativex due to the outcome of the trials and the nature of the preparation.

http://www.gwpharm.c...annabidiol.aspx

Here's the status of all their ongoing trials:

http://www.gwpharm.c...t-pipeline.aspx

#17 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
  • Locationsome where in between summer and winter!

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:11 AM

It will end c.g's and home grows!  We will have to get an rx for it every month like we do pain meds!

It will make it worse not better for pt's!  we will have to get it from the pharmacy!  But maybe it will be covered by our ins.

Jmo

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo, 21 June 2016 - 07:12 AM.

#18 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

It will end c.g's and home grows!  We will have to get an rx for it every month like we do pain meds!

It will make it worse not better for pt's!  we will have to get it from the pharmacy!  But maybe it will be covered by our ins.

Jmo

Peace

Yes, it could do that, too, unfortunately, but would result in yet another impossible to enforce situation. Not to mention that there will be many, many doctors who will refuse to prescribe, still, especially with the current level of DEA enforcement on schedule 2 substances. Almost certainly plant material will not be available from a pharmacy, even if it is schedule 2. Even if there is ever a widely available plant preparation, doctors who are cool with prescribing marijuana pills or sprays may still refuse or be hesitant to prescribe anything that may be smoked.

• phaquetoo likes this

#19 imiubu

imiubu

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:41 AM

Cannabis has no place at all on the CSA, nope none whatsoever! 

It is a seed bearing herb with medicinal properties and should be

treated as any other herb with said properties.  These herbs are

sold "over the counter" with very little to no FDA oversight.

It's ALL about the $$ and all this political bs just pizzes me off.  :growl:

• Hydro Jack, zaphod, washtenaut and 2 others like this

#20 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

In hindsight, i wish i had not sold gw when it peaked at 99 a share.

why not? can buy gwph at $88 right now if you think it will jump right before a buyout.

set some alerts with your broker. last time the price jumped , it dropped to 50 shortly before the 90 jump. almost in anticipation...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users