Dea Attorney Claims Feds Will Reschedule Marijuana This August 1.

medmanmike

http://thenationalmarijuananews.com/2016/06/dea-attorney-claims-feds-will-reschedule-marijuana-this-summer/

"an anonymous attorney for the DEA admitted to a reporter for the Santa Monica Observer – the DEA plans on rescheduling marijuana on August 1, 2016, thereby legalizing medicinal cannabis nationwide."

"By simply changing the plant’s current Schedule One status to a Schedule Two, medical marijuana will instantly become legal in all 50 states with a doctor’s prescription, true research on the plants cannabinoids will finally be allowed, and “medical marijuana” doctors may soon be little more than a distant memory."

"With flashes of wild clarity, the anonymous DEA attorney noted, “Whatever the law may be in California, Arizona or Utah or any other State, because of Federal preemption this will have the effect of making THC products legal with a prescription, in all 50 states.”"

http://thenationalmarijuananews.com/2016/06/dea-attorney-claims-feds-will-reschedule-marijuana-this-summer/

"an anonymous attorney for the DEA admitted to a reporter for the Santa Monica Observer – the DEA plans on rescheduling marijuana on August 1, 2016, thereby legalizing medicinal cannabis nationwide."

"By simply changing the plant’s current Schedule One status to a Schedule Two, medical marijuana will instantly become legal in all 50 states with a doctor’s prescription, true research on the plants cannabinoids will finally be allowed, and “medical marijuana” doctors may soon be little more than a distant memory."

"With flashes of wild clarity, the anonymous DEA attorney noted, “Whatever the law may be in California, Arizona or Utah or any other State, because of Federal preemption this will have the effect of making THC products legal with a prescription, in all 50 states.”"

I don't believe it and I hope w/ all my might it is not true.

heres the original article:

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/06/18/news/us-govt-will-legalize-marijuana-on-august-1/1484.html

i dunno. the article reads so weird. like a bunch of random crap put together.

The Los Angeles based DEA Attorney who spoke to us, asked to remain anonymous because he was not authorized to speak to the press about the matter. He speculated that this action will be taken in the closing days of the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, so as to motivate the Democratic base to turn out and vote for Hillary Clinton, and other down ballot candidates. She will certainly not reverse this policy decision taken in the waning days of the Barack Obama administration, he said. But Donald Trump might.

see, that sounds like crap. although rescheduling to schedule 2 is in hillary's policy platform

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/criminal-justice-reform/

Rescheduling marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II substance. Hillary supports medical marijuana and would reschedule marijuana to advance research into its health benefits.

and this is all ignoring that the FDA has not approved marijuana as a treatment for anything. but DEA reclassifying it could cause FDA to approve it, which would give time for pharma to come up with some quick trials.

see, because i dont think there are any prescription medications that dont have fda approval. reversed, if a drug does not have fda approval , it cannot be prescribed.

i still dont get how DEA rescheduling marijuana would encourage democrats to turn out. unless they play up the donald ? dont make sense to me. maybe if christie really will be donalds' AG?

well, maybe you are more well versed on what has to happen for that to happen, zap.

maybe you are giving the dea federal prosecutor too much credit.

it is quite complicated. i wouldnt expect too many people to know the exact steps (or even general idea of steps).

e.g. the DEA is not the FDA. and DEA prosecutors dont know FDA rules. imo

It will end c.g's and home grows!  We will have to get an rx for it every month like we do pain meds!

It will make it worse not better for pt's!  we will have to get it from the pharmacy!  But maybe it will be covered by our ins.

Jmo

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

Cannabis has no place at all on the CSA, nope none whatsoever! 

It is a seed bearing herb with medicinal properties and should be

treated as any other herb with said properties.  These herbs are

sold "over the counter" with very little to no FDA oversight.

It's ALL about the $$ and all this political bs just pizzes me off.  :growl:

In hindsight, i wish i had not sold gw when it peaked at 99 a share.

why not? can buy gwph at $88 right now if you think it will jump right before a buyout.

set some alerts with your broker. last time the price jumped , it dropped to 50 shortly before the 90 jump. almost in anticipation...

I wasn't reading the DEA attorney as DOJ prosecutor

ah, the article mentions the source

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/06/18/news/us-govt-will-legalize-marijuana-on-august-1/1484.html

[quore]The DEA Lawyer had told the lawyer representing a DEA informant of the DEA's plan to legalize medicinal cannibis nationwide on August 1, 2016.

i just figured an administrative dea lawyer would not be talking to a dea informant lawyer. but that is of course, just my guess. maybe this is just the paper making up things to hide its real source?

but now i see your point. i'm not sure what DEA lawyer entails,

http://www.drugenforcementedu.org/careers/dea-attorney/

The experts that interpret the legal framework for the thousands of DEA employees engaged in anti-narcotic and anti-terrorist operations are the agency’s attorneys. These highly qualified legal experts provide instruction across a broad spectrum of agency activities. They are also the point of contact between the DEA and the judicial system.

Attorneys at the DEA are critical to the successful fulfillment of agency responsibilities including the apprehension, detention and prosecution of domestic and international criminals. They provide the legal basis for entering homes, conducting searches, and eliciting information from perpetrators. They research federal, international and state statutes and provide legal guidelines to field operatives so that criminal cases can be pursued with success.

DEA lawyers also administer a variety of legal proceedings through federal courts. Lawyers routinely request court approval for wiretaps, warrants and international extraditions.

scum of the earth.

so it could be the atty who is responsible for illegal wiretapping and paralell construction or it could be the dea atty who wispers the illegal wiretap info to law enforcement or any number of secret lawyers doing illegal and unconstitutional things.

or this could be another one of those weird press releases , like harborside in california. where harborside says the prosecution is over, but this cannot be confirmed with the DEA , and everyone is just hoping if you say something it becomes true.

guess we'll find out in august!

that washingtonpost pdf is interesting.

because it states exactly how much research has been done on marijuana in the past 5 years in the usa.

The data included also detailed the total cannabis shipments made between 2010 and 2015:

2010: 19 shipments to 9 researchers

2011: 21 shipments to 8 researchers

2012: 16 shipments to 9 researchers

2013: 15 shipments to 8 researchers

2014: 23 shipments to 12 researchers

2015: 23 shipments to 8 researchers, 4 pending requests

research on marijuana has been stifled by NIDA, FDA and the DEA.

The closest could be Epidolex, given the results of its trials on Dravet syndrome. It may leapfrog Sativex due to the outcome of the trials and the nature of the preparation.

i'm curious why sativex failed in so many trials. do you think it was the low thc concentration? or the trials?

i think i read each bottle of sativex has less than a gram of thc. its something like 135mg of thc per bottle? which , comparing to rso cancer treatments, is a far cry from the suggested 1g of concentrated cannabis oil (80-90% thc, so 800 to 900mg of thc) per day.

the old 3mg per kg cannabis extract rule (which was found by testing mj extract on dogs way back by USP in the 1900s) would mean for a 200lbs person (90kg) they would need 270mg of thc, per dose, to be intoxicated (medical dose).

why not? can buy gwph at $88 right now if you think it will jump right before a buyout.

set some alerts with your broker. last time the price jumped , it dropped to 50 shortly before the 90 jump. almost in anticipation...

GW has an intriguing pipeline, and you might indeed do well, but keep in mind that this is speculating - not investing. The company is losing money at this time (negative $4.50/share), reminiscent of the biotech bubble, so only use money you can afford to lose.

For the average investor the big money is made by holding quality stocks (or preferably low fee index funds) for the long term.

Sativex is as good as a sugar pill.  Sure, i guess it helps some people.  Worthless crap mostly.

It also failed phase 3 trials for cancer pain. Stupid stupid stupid as the many cannabinoids are synergistic and most benefits come from using the whole plant. I wonder if they compared Sativex against cannabis medibles or vaping (actually I already know the answer without looking at the trials!)

Also have heard that folks often feel miserable when using Sativex. Anyone have personal experience?

I've not seen any of the results of the Sativex trials, I have just read and heard that it is not passing with flying colors. Perhaps they have oversimplified the science.

Engineer a preparation that doesn't work and then say, "See, we tried and proved marijuana to be ineffective."

“Also, we are talking about synthetic THC, CBD (based treatments), oils, extracts edibles.”

what? whos talking about synthetic thc?

oh bunny muffin. here it is...

The challenge for researchers and government agencies is to “identify the parts of the plant that might have benefit, and separating out (the beneficial) parts from the ones that “aren’t beneficial or harmful.

they're going to move thc to schedule2 and put all the other cannabinoids on schedule 1