Dea Attorney Claims Feds Will Reschedule Marijuana This August 1.

medmanmike

“Marijuana is important, but most of our attention is elsewhere,” Baer explained. The cannabis rescheduling question may be top of mind with the nation’s media and the growing legal cannabis industry at large, but the DEA has bigger fish to fry.

“We have limited resources, remember,” Baer said. “Marijuana is important, but our efforts are mainly focused on the nation’s growing opioid crisis,” he said. “We’re focusing on fentanyl, fentanyl compounds and on preventing the deaths caused by opioid addiction.” Chasing around private citizens sneaking cannabis tinctures into their bags “just isn’t a priority right now.

moo poo. thats why they are prosecuting 19 year old native american for possession of marijuana

GW has an intriguing pipeline, and you might indeed do well, but keep in mind that this is speculating - not investing. The company is losing money at this time (negative $4.50/share), reminiscent of the biotech bubble, so only use money you can afford to lose.

For the average investor the big money is made by holding quality stocks (or preferably low fee index funds) for the long term.

GW Pharmaceuticals shares soar amid results for epilepsy treatment

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/27/gw-pharmaceuticals-shares-soar-amid-results-for-epilepsy-treatment.html

what? whos talking about synthetic thc?

oh bunny muffin. here it is...

they're going to move thc to schedule2 and put all the other cannabinoids on schedule 1

Oh >bunny muffin< your right!  Now if my word comes out bunny muffin this s hit needs to stop, it is not ok for mods to cuss if we cant cuss, wtf!

Its bull bunny muffin!

moo poo. thats why they are prosecuting 19 year old native american for possession of marijuana

That does not say moo poo in his original post!

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/06/25/arguably-the-most-important-marijuana-decision-eve.aspx

Last paragraph talks about some of the problems if cannabis is rescheduled as Schedule 2.

However, if marijuana is only rescheduled, then chaos could ensue.

Although a schedule 2 classification would legalize cannabis and affirm it has beneficial medical properties, it would also completely transform the marijuana industry. Schedule 2 drugs are considered prone to abuse, meaning the FDA would almost assuredly step in and tightly regulate the industry. This would mean closely regulating the growth and processing of marijuana. More importantly, it would also mean the FDA would get involved in the clinical aspects of its medicinal use. This could mean clinical studies would need to be conducted to prove to the FDA that medical benefits exist on an ailment-by-ailment basis. If cannabis producers continued to sell their product without adhering to FDA guidelines, they could face fines or criminal punishments. Packaging, labeling, and advertising would also need to be approved by the FDA.

All of this regulation means one thing to the marijuana industry: spending money! Transforming into a pharmaceutical-based industry could be very costly, and it could potentially put smaller players out of business. Only huge players with deep pockets would presumably be able to survive and thrive in a tightly regulated schedule 2 market, in my opinion.

right, theres not much diff in breaking a schedule 1 law vs breaking a schedule 2 law. both are illegal to break.

I think the point is that once it is at Schedule 2, big pharma & big agra will be getting into the picture in a big way. And with that comes a whole panoply of new regulations. I can see state legislatures attempting to overturn local medical marijuana statutes in favor of traditional medical models that require formal research and trials, standard formulations, distribution by pharmacies, etc.  

That's the paranoid side talking.

The hopeful side still believes that the sheer number of people that now favor legalization will prevent such worst-case scenarios even when big agra gets into the business and that home grows (and resultant preparations) will be safe from prosecution.

All of the government's legalization schemes will not put an end to the black market in marijuana. The whole idea of legalization is to stop the arrest and harassment of people who CHOOSE to use a substance that has been proven (by over 1000 years of experience) to be pretty much harmless.

The whole problem here is with fear mongering conservatives who would rather believe far fetched conspiracy theories rather than science and the truth. Pitiful.

I hope they all eat schit and die

All of the government's legalization schemes will not put an end to the black market in marijuana. The whole idea of legalization is to stop the arrest and harassment of people who CHOOSE to use a substance that has been proven (by over 1000 years of experience) to be pretty much harmless.

The whole problem here is with fear mongering conservatives who would rather believe far fetched conspiracy theories rather than science and the truth. Pitiful.

I hope they all eat schit and die

I agree with everything you said except for the 1000 years of experience, since it's too short by at least 4000 years! (Chinese Emperor Fu Hsi).

• 5 months later...

Cannabis has no place at all on the CSA, nope none whatsoever! 

It is a seed bearing herb with medicinal properties and should be

treated as any other herb with said properties.  These herbs are

sold "over the counter" with very little to no FDA oversight.

It's ALL about the $$ and all this political bs just pizzes me off.  :growl:

That's exactly how I feel too!

After reading page 12 of the attached federal court decision, I always figured a US President could direct the US Attorney General to reschedule marijuana or even issue an Executive Order rescheduling it himself if he felt the peoples rights were being violated by restricting a substance.  

Page 12 says:

As noted, when the CSA was enacted, Congress classified marijuana as a Schedule
I controlled substance. See 21 U.S.C. §§ 801, 812(b)(1). It did so based, in part, on the
recommendation of the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare. See Gonzales v. Raich, 545
U.S. 1, 14 n.22 (2005); Nat’l Org. for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) v. Bell, 488 F. Supp.
123, 135 n.32 (D.D.C. 1980) (noting “[t]his recommendation came in a letter . . . .”); Kiffer, 477
F.2d at 356 (citing H.R. Report 91-1444.) The CSA provides that the Attorney General may add,
remove, or transfer a substance to, from, or between schedules. See id. § 811(a). The law lists
various factors for the Attorney General to consider when making that determination.

schweder-order.pdf

That's exactly how I feel too!

After reading page 12 of the attached federal court decision, I always figured a US President could direct the US Attorney General to reschedule marijuana or even issue an Executive Order rescheduling it himself if he felt the peoples rights were being violated by restricting a substance.  

Page 12 says:

As noted, when the CSA was enacted, Congress classified marijuana as a Schedule
I controlled substance. See 21 U.S.C. §§ 801, 812(b)(1). It did so based, in part, on the
recommendation of the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare. See Gonzales v. Raich, 545
U.S. 1, 14 n.22 (2005); Nat’l Org. for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) v. Bell, 488 F. Supp.
123, 135 n.32 (D.D.C. 1980) (noting “[t]his recommendation came in a letter . . . .”); Kiffer, 477
F.2d at 356 (citing H.R. Report 91-1444.) The CSA provides that the Attorney General may add,
remove, or transfer a substance to, from, or between schedules. See id. § 811(a). The law lists
various factors for the Attorney General to consider when making that determination.

I don't think you completely understand the situation with the new AG. This should flesh out the guy for you;

Cannabis has no place at all on the CSA, nope none whatsoever! 

It is a seed bearing herb with medicinal properties and should be

treated as any other herb with said properties.  These herbs are

sold "over the counter" with very little to no FDA oversight.

It's ALL about the $$ and all this political bs just pizzes me off.  :growl:

poppy's are a seed bearing plant, do you think it should be legal?

poppy's are a seed bearing plant, do you think it should be legal?

What are the differences between heroin and marijuana?

1 Answer

main-thumb-3259205-50-E2ym529lLMvPSlgKkt
Maruti Sridhar, The Grass is Greener on my Side

Several differences. Here are a few that come to mind.

• Price (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Form (Heroin is processed, marijuana is usually just plucked naturally)
  • Likelihood of Addiction (Heroin > Marijuana; marijuana is arguably not addictive, and certainly not physically)
  • Withdrawal symptoms (Following the above)
  • Danger to health  (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Fatality (marijuana is impossible to consume in fatal quantities)
  • Likelihood of adulteration (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Crimes of associated black market  (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Crimes of associated users (Heroin >> Marijuana)
  • Duration of high  (Typically: Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Method of  ingestion (Marijuana is typically smoked or eaten, heroin is usually injected intravenously but can also be smoked)
  • Heroin is a downer, marijuana is arguably neither

What are the differences between heroin and marijuana?

1 Answer

main-thumb-3259205-50-E2ym529lLMvPSlgKkt
Maruti Sridhar, The Grass is Greener on my Side

Several differences. Here are a few that come to mind.

• Price (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Form (Heroin is processed, marijuana is usually just plucked naturally)
  • Likelihood of Addiction (Heroin > Marijuana; marijuana is arguably not addictive, and certainly not physically)
  • Withdrawal symptoms (Following the above)
  • Danger to health  (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Fatality (marijuana is impossible to consume in fatal quantities)
  • Likelihood of adulteration (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Crimes of associated black market  (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Crimes of associated users (Heroin >> Marijuana)
  • Duration of high  (Typically: Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Method of  ingestion (Marijuana is typically smoked or eaten, heroin is usually injected intravenously but can also be smoked)
  • Heroin is a downer, marijuana is arguably neither

I agree! I was only asking,  I am realy glad that some one answered right away!  

Thank You for your quick reply,  are you single?

I am looking for a single male c.g,  My only expectations are you have to be male and an awsome grower, (i am looking for a little more than a c.g wink)

I hope to hear from you!

I agree! I was only asking,  I am realy glad that some one answered right away!  

Thank You for your quick reply,  are you single?

I am looking for a single male c.g,  My only expectations are you have to be male and an awsome grower, (i am looking for a little more than a c.g wink)

I hope to hear from you!

No dude (saw your first avatar pic too), and you aren't foolin' anyone with your sleazy post. You should find something better to do than trolling us here. 

I don't think you completely understand the situation with the new AG. This should flesh out the guy for you;

I was aware of the new AG before I posted. I was mostly thinking about the article, at http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/30/on-his-way-out-the-door-obama-says-marij. I think President Obama should've, at the very least, issued an Executive Order removing all the high CBD, low THC strains of marijuana that are not psychoactive from scheduling and encouraged its use as medicine.

I was aware of the new AG before I posted. I was mostly thinking about the article, at http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/30/on-his-way-out-the-door-obama-says-marij. I think President Obama should've, at the very least, issued an Executive Order removing all the high CBD, low THC strains of marijuana that are not psychoactive from scheduling and encouraged its use as medicine.

Well you see the embodiment of the Republican lead legislature in Sessions. They were the roadblock all along and now Trump has enabled the worst of the worst. 

When Obama appointed Lynch, Sessions used his time to send a message that the R's weren't going to allow any legalization at the federal level. There's a lot of resistance that doesn't get seen by the general public unless they delve deep or read posts on sites like this one where the members posting pay attention to the details. I think this little conversation shows the war on drugs behind the war on drugs most people think of. Until America votes out the enablers of the useless war on marijuana we will be left fighting a never ending battle we can't win. As we all can see now, voting for Trump, and then in turn his enabling of Sessions, has set us back at least 4 years. 

I agree, it doesn't look good with Sessions, but Trump has said he recognizes medical marijuana as a good thing. I also read something somewhere that Sessions won't be able enforce federal law against medical marijuana, but might be able to do so against recreational.  Apparently, Congress has denied funds for any federal enforcement against medicinal use.

I agree, it doesn't look good with Sessions, but Trump has said he recognizes medical marijuana as a good thing. I also read something somewhere that Sessions won't be able enforce federal law against medical marijuana, but might be able to do so against recreational.  Apparently, Congress has denied funds for any federal enforcement against medicinal use.

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/273620932?access_key=key-CRAM4tkllhesIM1Xmpri&allow_share=true&escape=false&view_mode=scroll