Photo

Dea Attorney Claims Feds Will Reschedule Marijuana This August 1.

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#21 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:03 AM

[quote]I wasn't reading the DEA attorney as DOJ prosecutor[/quote]

ah, the article mentions the source
http://www.smobserve...ust-1/1484.html
[quore]The DEA Lawyer had told the lawyer representing a DEA informant of the DEA's plan to legalize medicinal cannibis nationwide on August 1, 2016.
[/quote]

i just figured an administrative dea lawyer would not be talking to a dea informant lawyer. but that is of course, just my guess. maybe this is just the paper making up things to hide its real source?

but now i see your point. i'm not sure what DEA lawyer entails,
http://www.drugenfor...s/dea-attorney/

The experts that interpret the legal framework for the thousands of DEA employees engaged in anti-narcotic and anti-terrorist operations are the agency’s attorneys. These highly qualified legal experts provide instruction across a broad spectrum of agency activities. They are also the point of contact between the DEA and the judicial system.

Attorneys at the DEA are critical to the successful fulfillment of agency responsibilities including the apprehension, detention and prosecution of domestic and international criminals. They provide the legal basis for entering homes, conducting searches, and eliciting information from perpetrators. They research federal, international and state statutes and provide legal guidelines to field operatives so that criminal cases can be pursued with success.

DEA lawyers also administer a variety of legal proceedings through federal courts. Lawyers routinely request court approval for wiretaps, warrants and international extraditions.

scum of the earth.

so it could be the atty who is responsible for illegal wiretapping and paralell construction or it could be the dea atty who wispers the illegal wiretap info to law enforcement or any number of secret lawyers doing illegal and unconstitutional things.

or this could be another one of those weird press releases , like harborside in california. where harborside says the prosecution is over, but this cannot be confirmed with the DEA , and everyone is just hoping if you say something it becomes true.

guess we'll find out in august!

that washingtonpost pdf is interesting.

because it states exactly how much research has been done on marijuana in the past 5 years in the usa.

The data included also detailed the total cannabis shipments made between 2010 and 2015:
2010: 19 shipments to 9 researchers
2011: 21 shipments to 8 researchers
2012: 16 shipments to 9 researchers
2013: 15 shipments to 8 researchers
2014: 23 shipments to 12 researchers
2015: 23 shipments to 8 researchers, 4 pending requests

research on marijuana has been stifled by NIDA, FDA and the DEA.

#22 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:10 AM

Cocaine is schedule 2.

It will change NOTHING as far as medical cannabis goes in the states.

Products must get FDA approval.  Raw cannabis will never be approved by FDA.

#23 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

The closest could be Epidolex, given the results of its trials on Dravet syndrome. It may leapfrog Sativex due to the outcome of the trials and the nature of the preparation.

i'm curious why sativex failed in so many trials. do you think it was the low thc concentration? or the trials?

i think i read each bottle of sativex has less than a gram of thc. its something like 135mg of thc per bottle? which , comparing to rso cancer treatments, is a far cry from the suggested 1g of concentrated cannabis oil (80-90% thc, so 800 to 900mg of thc) per day.

the old 3mg per kg cannabis extract rule (which was found by testing mj extract on dogs way back by USP in the 1900s) would mean for a 200lbs person (90kg) they would need 270mg of thc, per dose, to be intoxicated (medical dose).

#24 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:15 AM

Sativex simply hasn't worked very well in trials.

p.s.

Consistent with previously announced results from the initial Phase 3 trial, remaining trials fail to show superiority over placebo -

#25 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:15 AM

I've not seen any of the results of the Sativex trials, I have just read and heard that it is not passing with flying colors. Perhaps they have oversimplified the science.

#26 imiubu

imiubu

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Cocaine is schedule 2.

It will change NOTHING as far as medical cannabis goes in the states.

Products must get FDA approval.  Raw cannabis will never be approved by FDA.

As long as we can hold on to 'medical cannabis' that is.

#27 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:24 AM

Sativex is as good as a sugar pill.  Sure, i guess it helps some people.  Worthless crap mostly.

#28 zachw

zachw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

why not? can buy gwph at $88 right now if you think it will jump right before a buyout.

set some alerts with your broker. last time the price jumped , it dropped to 50 shortly before the 90 jump. almost in anticipation...

GW has an intriguing pipeline, and you might indeed do well, but keep in mind that this is speculating - not investing. The company is losing money at this time (negative $4.50/share), reminiscent of the biotech bubble, so only use money you can afford to lose.

For the average investor the big money is made by holding quality stocks (or preferably low fee index funds) for the long term.

#29 zachw

zachw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:34 AM

Sativex is as good as a sugar pill.  Sure, i guess it helps some people.  Worthless crap mostly.

It also failed phase 3 trials for cancer pain. Stupid stupid stupid as the many cannabinoids are synergistic and most benefits come from using the whole plant. I wonder if they compared Sativex against cannabis medibles or vaping (actually I already know the answer without looking at the trials!)

Also have heard that folks often feel miserable when using Sativex. Anyone have personal experience?

#30 washtenaut

washtenaut

Advanced Member

• +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:42 AM

I thought Sativex was derived from the whole plant.  It is not a synthetic. 

Also, it has passed trials in 20 some countries, but failed a cancer pain trial in the USA.  I may be behind in the news but I understood that there were still other Sativex trials ongoing in the USA

#31 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

right, I'm not suggesting to buy gwph anywhere near 80. that's imo a bad investment.

I think sativex is still doing some trials. find them and other trials at http://clinicaltrials.gov

#32 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:19 AM

I thought Sativex was derived from the whole plant.  It is not a synthetic. 

Also, it has passed trials in 20 some countries, but failed a cancer pain trial in the USA.  I may be behind in the news but I understood that there were still other Sativex trials ongoing in the USA

Right, Sativex is derived from two plants, from what I understand. A high CBD plant, and a high THC plant.

The other US trials that are further ahead are MS spasticity trials.

#33 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Doesn't Play Well with Others

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts
  • LocationFascist Republik of Amerika

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

I've not seen any of the results of the Sativex trials, I have just read and heard that it is not passing with flying colors. Perhaps they have oversimplified the science.

Engineer a preparation that doesn't work and then say, "See, we tried and proved marijuana to be ineffective."

• phaquetoo and imiubu like this

#34 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:32 AM

An update on the DEA rescheduling which is less anonymous:

http://anewdomain.ne...onds-exclusive/

• imiubu likes this

#35 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:32 AM

didnt confirm anything lol

unconfirmed August 1st date too

#36 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

“Also, we are talking about synthetic THC, CBD (based treatments), oils, extracts edibles.”

what? whos talking about synthetic thc?

oh bunny muffin. here it is...

The challenge for researchers and government agencies is to “identify the parts of the plant that might have benefit, and separating out (the beneficial) parts from the ones that “aren’t beneficial or harmful.

they're going to move thc to schedule2 and put all the other cannabinoids on schedule 1
  • imiubu likes this

#37 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:46 AM

“Marijuana is important, but most of our attention is elsewhere,” Baer explained. The cannabis rescheduling question may be top of mind with the nation’s media and the growing legal cannabis industry at large, but the DEA has bigger fish to fry.

“We have limited resources, remember,” Baer said. “Marijuana is important, but our efforts are mainly focused on the nation’s growing opioid crisis,” he said. “We’re focusing on fentanyl, fentanyl compounds and on preventing the deaths caused by opioid addiction.” Chasing around private citizens sneaking cannabis tinctures into their bags “just isn’t a priority right now.

moo poo. thats why they are prosecuting 19 year old native american for possession of marijuana

• imiubu and Willy like this

#38 imiubu

imiubu

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

That jumped out at me also t, thanks for bringing it forward.

These f'rs just want to make it complicated so they can keep their jobs.

It's a plant... gtfoi! 

#39 zachw

zachw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:25 PM

GW has an intriguing pipeline, and you might indeed do well, but keep in mind that this is speculating - not investing. The company is losing money at this time (negative $4.50/share), reminiscent of the biotech bubble, so only use money you can afford to lose.

For the average investor the big money is made by holding quality stocks (or preferably low fee index funds) for the long term.

GW Pharmaceuticals shares soar amid results for epilepsy treatment

http://www.cnbc.com/...-treatment.html

#40 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
  • Locationsome where in between summer and winter!

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:37 AM

what? whos talking about synthetic thc?

oh bunny muffin. here it is...

they're going to move thc to schedule2 and put all the other cannabinoids on schedule 1

Oh >bunny muffin< your right!  Now if my word comes out bunny muffin this s hit needs to stop, it is not ok for mods to cuss if we cant cuss, wtf!

Its bull bunny muffin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users