Photo

Dea Attorney Claims Feds Will Reschedule Marijuana This August 1.

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#41 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
  • Locationsome where in between summer and winter!

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:40 AM

moo poo. thats why they are prosecuting 19 year old native american for possession of marijuana

moo poo. thats why they are prosecuting 19 year old native american for possession of marijuana

That does not say moo poo in his original post!

#42 zachw

zachw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

http://www.fool.com/...cision-eve.aspx

Last paragraph talks about some of the problems if cannabis is rescheduled as Schedule 2.

However, if marijuana is only rescheduled, then chaos could ensue.

Although a schedule 2 classification would legalize cannabis and affirm it has beneficial medical properties, it would also completely transform the marijuana industry. Schedule 2 drugs are considered prone to abuse, meaning the FDA would almost assuredly step in and tightly regulate the industry. This would mean closely regulating the growth and processing of marijuana. More importantly, it would also mean the FDA would get involved in the clinical aspects of its medicinal use. This could mean clinical studies would need to be conducted to prove to the FDA that medical benefits exist on an ailment-by-ailment basis. If cannabis producers continued to sell their product without adhering to FDA guidelines, they could face fines or criminal punishments. Packaging, labeling, and advertising would also need to be approved by the FDA.

All of this regulation means one thing to the marijuana industry: spending money! Transforming into a pharmaceutical-based industry could be very costly, and it could potentially put smaller players out of business. Only huge players with deep pockets would presumably be able to survive and thrive in a tightly regulated schedule 2 market, in my opinion.

• phaquetoo likes this

#43 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:57 AM

This would not effect state based Medical marihuana programs at all.

Someone is chicken littling this.

The federal government can still enforce their own laws.

• imiubu likes this

#44 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

right, theres not much diff in breaking a schedule 1 law vs breaking a schedule 2 law. both are illegal to break.

#45 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

right, theres not much diff in breaking a schedule 1 law vs breaking a schedule 2 law. both are illegal to break.

Exactly.

#46 zachw

zachw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

I think the point is that once it is at Schedule 2, big pharma & big agra will be getting into the picture in a big way. And with that comes a whole panoply of new regulations. I can see state legislatures attempting to overturn local medical marijuana statutes in favor of traditional medical models that require formal research and trials, standard formulations, distribution by pharmacies, etc.  

That's the paranoid side talking.

The hopeful side still believes that the sheer number of people that now favor legalization will prevent such worst-case scenarios even when big agra gets into the business and that home grows (and resultant preparations) will be safe from prosecution.

• AmishRnot4ganja likes this

#47 AmishRnot4ganja

AmishRnot4ganja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

All of the government's legalization schemes will not put an end to the black market in marijuana. The whole idea of legalization is to stop the arrest and harassment of people who CHOOSE to use a substance that has been proven (by over 1000 years of experience) to be pretty much harmless.

The whole problem here is with fear mongering conservatives who would rather believe far fetched conspiracy theories rather than science and the truth. Pitiful.

I hope they all eat schit and die

#48 zachw

zachw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:00 AM

All of the government's legalization schemes will not put an end to the black market in marijuana. The whole idea of legalization is to stop the arrest and harassment of people who CHOOSE to use a substance that has been proven (by over 1000 years of experience) to be pretty much harmless.

The whole problem here is with fear mongering conservatives who would rather believe far fetched conspiracy theories rather than science and the truth. Pitiful.

I hope they all eat schit and die

I agree with everything you said except for the 1000 years of experience, since it's too short by at least 4000 years! (Chinese Emperor Fu Hsi).

• AmishRnot4ganja likes this

#49 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,513 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:43 AM

Forbes article with more information on these claims.

Even if the DEA did decide to remove marijuana from Schedule I, the result would not be, as the Santa Monica Observer reported on June 18, “legalizing medicinal cannabis in all 50 states with a doctor’s prescription.” Staff writer Stan Greene’s article was based entirely on the claims of an unnamed “DEA lawyer” who said the agency intends to move marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule II on August 1, which he said “will have the effect of making THC products legal with a prescription in all 50 states.” A lawyer familiar with the CSA—let alone one employed by the DEA—would know that is not how the law works, because any cannabis-derived medicine would have to be approved by the FDA (based on the same kind of evidence the DEA has always demanded in response to rescheduling petitions) before a doctor could legally prescribe it.

http://www.forbes.co...a/#54ea181718ec

#50 william7

william7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:55 PM

Cannabis has no place at all on the CSA, nope none whatsoever! 

It is a seed bearing herb with medicinal properties and should be

treated as any other herb with said properties.  These herbs are

sold "over the counter" with very little to no FDA oversight.

It's ALL about the $$ and all this political bs just pizzes me off.  :growl:

That's exactly how I feel too!

After reading page 12 of the attached federal court decision, I always figured a US President could direct the US Attorney General to reschedule marijuana or even issue an Executive Order rescheduling it himself if he felt the peoples rights were being violated by restricting a substance.  

Page 12 says:

As noted, when the CSA was enacted, Congress classified marijuana as a Schedule
I controlled substance. See 21 U.S.C. §§ 801, 812(b)(1). It did so based, in part, on the
recommendation of the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare. See Gonzales v. Raich, 545
U.S. 1, 14 n.22 (2005); Nat’l Org. for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) v. Bell, 488 F. Supp.
123, 135 n.32 (D.D.C. 1980) (noting “[t]his recommendation came in a letter . . . .”); Kiffer, 477
F.2d at 356 (citing H.R. Report 91-1444.) The CSA provides that the Attorney General may add,
remove, or transfer a substance to, from, or between schedules. See id. § 811(a). The law lists
various factors for the Attorney General to consider when making that determination.

Attached Files

#51 Restorium2

Restorium2

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,208 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

That's exactly how I feel too!

After reading page 12 of the attached federal court decision, I always figured a US President could direct the US Attorney General to reschedule marijuana or even issue an Executive Order rescheduling it himself if he felt the peoples rights were being violated by restricting a substance.  

Page 12 says:

As noted, when the CSA was enacted, Congress classified marijuana as a Schedule
I controlled substance. See 21 U.S.C. §§ 801, 812(b)(1). It did so based, in part, on the
recommendation of the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare. See Gonzales v. Raich, 545
U.S. 1, 14 n.22 (2005); Nat’l Org. for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) v. Bell, 488 F. Supp.
123, 135 n.32 (D.D.C. 1980) (noting “[t]his recommendation came in a letter . . . .”); Kiffer, 477
F.2d at 356 (citing H.R. Report 91-1444.) The CSA provides that the Attorney General may add,
remove, or transfer a substance to, from, or between schedules. See id. § 811(a). The law lists
various factors for the Attorney General to consider when making that determination.

I don't think you completely understand the situation with the new AG. This should flesh out the guy for you;

#52 jonwhite20

jonwhite20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationyour right behind me!

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:30 AM

Cannabis has no place at all on the CSA, nope none whatsoever! 

It is a seed bearing herb with medicinal properties and should be

treated as any other herb with said properties.  These herbs are

sold "over the counter" with very little to no FDA oversight.

It's ALL about the $$ and all this political bs just pizzes me off.  :growl:

poppy's are a seed bearing plant, do you think it should be legal?

#53 Restorium2

Restorium2

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,208 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

What are the differences between heroin and marijuana?

1 Answer

main-thumb-3259205-50-E2ym529lLMvPSlgKkt
Maruti Sridhar, The Grass is Greener on my Side

Several differences. Here are a few that come to mind.
  • Price (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Form (Heroin is processed, marijuana is usually just plucked naturally)
  • Likelihood of Addiction (Heroin > Marijuana; marijuana is arguably not addictive, and certainly not physically)
  • Withdrawal symptoms (Following the above)
  • Danger to health  (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Fatality (marijuana is impossible to consume in fatal quantities)
  • Likelihood of adulteration (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Crimes of associated black market  (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Crimes of associated users (Heroin >> Marijuana)
  • Duration of high  (Typically: Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Method of  ingestion (Marijuana is typically smoked or eaten, heroin is usually injected intravenously but can also be smoked)
  • Heroin is a downer, marijuana is arguably neither

• jonwhite20 likes this

#54 jonwhite20

jonwhite20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationyour right behind me!

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:55 AM

What are the differences between heroin and marijuana?

1 Answer

main-thumb-3259205-50-E2ym529lLMvPSlgKkt
Maruti Sridhar, The Grass is Greener on my Side

Several differences. Here are a few that come to mind.
  • Price (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Form (Heroin is processed, marijuana is usually just plucked naturally)
  • Likelihood of Addiction (Heroin > Marijuana; marijuana is arguably not addictive, and certainly not physically)
  • Withdrawal symptoms (Following the above)
  • Danger to health  (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Fatality (marijuana is impossible to consume in fatal quantities)
  • Likelihood of adulteration (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Crimes of associated black market  (Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Crimes of associated users (Heroin >> Marijuana)
  • Duration of high  (Typically: Heroin > Marijuana)
  • Method of  ingestion (Marijuana is typically smoked or eaten, heroin is usually injected intravenously but can also be smoked)
  • Heroin is a downer, marijuana is arguably neither

I agree! I was only asking,  I am realy glad that some one answered right away!  

Thank You for your quick reply,  are you single?

I am looking for a single male c.g,  My only expectations are you have to be male and an awsome grower, (i am looking for a little more than a c.g wink)

I hope to hear from you!

#55 Restorium2

Restorium2

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,208 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:35 AM

I agree! I was only asking,  I am realy glad that some one answered right away!  

Thank You for your quick reply,  are you single?

I am looking for a single male c.g,  My only expectations are you have to be male and an awsome grower, (i am looking for a little more than a c.g wink)

I hope to hear from you!

No dude (saw your first avatar pic too), and you aren't foolin' anyone with your sleazy post. You should find something better to do than trolling us here. 

#56 bax

bax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

goddamn fake news. no one rescheduling anything.

#57 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Doesn't Play Well with Others

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts
  • LocationFascist Republik of Amerika

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

Yes

• Apollo likes this

#58 william7

william7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

I don't think you completely understand the situation with the new AG. This should flesh out the guy for you;

I was aware of the new AG before I posted. I was mostly thinking about the article, at http://reason.com/bl...bama-says-marij. I think President Obama should've, at the very least, issued an Executive Order removing all the high CBD, low THC strains of marijuana that are not psychoactive from scheduling and encouraged its use as medicine.

#59 Restorium2

Restorium2

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,208 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

I was aware of the new AG before I posted. I was mostly thinking about the article, at http://reason.com/bl...bama-says-marij. I think President Obama should've, at the very least, issued an Executive Order removing all the high CBD, low THC strains of marijuana that are not psychoactive from scheduling and encouraged its use as medicine.

Well you see the embodiment of the Republican lead legislature in Sessions. They were the roadblock all along and now Trump has enabled the worst of the worst. 

#60 Restorium2

Restorium2

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,208 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:41 AM

When Obama appointed Lynch, Sessions used his time to send a message that the R's weren't going to allow any legalization at the federal level. There's a lot of resistance that doesn't get seen by the general public unless they delve deep or read posts on sites like this one where the members posting pay attention to the details. I think this little conversation shows the war on drugs behind the war on drugs most people think of. Until America votes out the enablers of the useless war on marijuana we will be left fighting a never ending battle we can't win. As we all can see now, voting for Trump, and then in turn his enabling of Sessions, has set us back at least 4 years. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users