Photo

Dea Attorney Claims Feds Will Reschedule Marijuana This August 1.

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 Apollo

Apollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

Again, you missed where I'm coming from. I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm just thinking from what I've seen in the news that it might not turn out as bad as some expect.

I think this will be the case, and he will do as he says and leave it up to the states. I also don't believe that a trump vote was a vote against my country or pot.

To many people think that the world is going to end because Hrc lost the election.

#102 william7

william7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

I think he will leave it up to the states too.

#103 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

I think he will leave it up to the states too.

I'm not as optimistic. I think Trump won't make MMJ a priority of his administration. He'll probably leave those decisions up to his appointees. = Jeff Sessions as the new AG. And Jeff Sessions is a major MMJ hater.

#104 william7

william7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

I'm not as optimistic. I think Trump won't make MMJ a priority of his administration. He'll probably leave those decisions up to his appointees. = Jeff Sessions as the new AG. And Jeff Sessions is a major MMJ hater.

I noticed Weed and Weed 2 was on TV again today. Hopefully, it creates more supporters

#105 Restorium2

Restorium2

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

I think this will be the case, and he will do as he says and leave it up to the states. I also don't believe that a trump vote was a vote against my country or pot.

To many people think that the world is going to end because Hrc lost the election.

Nope. And I will do fine. The SC picks will be bad just like the AG pick. It's not a question of 'if'. There's no doubt that conservative judges don't favor marijuana rights. And neither does the new AG. That's two branches of government that don't appreciate cannabis freedom. Just out of one election. Trump is a wildcard. You know what happens when you have a pair and a wild card. It's a very important time in history. Cannabis rights were like two moves away from being solidified forever but it just didn't happen. There's not going to be another chance like we had in most of our lifetimes. If you are a true cannabis advocate then you would have some remorse for an opportunity lost. It's a specific loss you can convey. It's not a henny penny. 

#106 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

Again, this is about changing the law. In the end, a president doesn't matter AT ALL if you have enough votes.  The President controls the degree of enforcement, the focus of enforcement, the structure of enforcement and simply administrates the laws of the country as passed by Congress. 

We have to win Congress.  Period.

This is why primaries are so important for Representatives and Senators. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO important.  The Primary. Fuk the general election.  If you get two friendly marijuana candidates, Republican and Democrat, running for the same seat, it doesn't matter who wins!  See?  This is why I preach the primaries so hard.  Democrats, vote in democrats in the Primary that are marijuana friendly; Republicans, vote in republicans who are marijuana friendly in the Primary. 

This is how we win.  Get it?

Michigan Democrats voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary. It wasn't our fault.  We picked the right marijuana democrat in the primary.

Michigan Republicans voted for Donald Trump in the primary. Not that republicans even had one single marijuana friendly candidate on the ballot in Michigan. Rand Paul had dropped out long before. 

So Republicans, start running marijuana friendly candidates and winning primaries with them.  They definitely exist. I mean just over 1/3rd of general "republicans" are marijuana friendlyish, but only 10% of elected republicans or LESS(mostly less) are marijuana friendly.  So get to work republicans.  For democrats, we have just over 90% support(soft support, these are spineless jellyfish democrats) for medical marijuana from elected democrats, but only about 30% support for legalization/decriminalization of marijuana. We have work to do.

So, quit focusing on Trump.  He is incompetent and we all know it.  This is about who actually runs the government.  That will be Mike Pence,, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and the Roberts Supreme Court.

Mike Pence HATES marijuana.

Mitch McConnell hates marijuana.

Paul Ryan dislikes marijuana.

John Roberts supports the drug war and invasions of the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th and 10th amendments.

69 of the nations 99 State legislatures are controlled by Republicans. Remember the percentage of elected republicans who support marijuana?

So,... with all that going for us,... how ya'll think this is going to play out??

Trump doesn't matter,   everything else matters. 

#107 william7

william7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:19 AM

So,... with all that going for us,... how ya'll think this is going to play out??

Trump doesn't matter,   everything else matters. 

I think the public, like it always has in the past, will just resist marijuana prohibition all that much more if Trump cracks down. It will back fire on him if he shows himself to be against safe and effective medicine for the people.

Edited by william7, 02 January 2017 - 04:19 AM.

#108 Restorium2

Restorium2

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:45 AM

I think the public, like it always has in the past, will just resist marijuana prohibition all that much more if Trump cracks down. It will back fire on him if he shows himself to be against safe and effective medicine for the people.

Ah, Trump doesn't matter. He's like that shiny thing the fish looks at when he swallows the hook. Think of him like that class clown that cracked a good one most of the time but really just wasted your time when you were supposed to be focused on important other things. He's a distraction. A big, clown looking, fool, distraction. lol

• Wild Bill, medmanmike and Member Berry like this

#109 william7

william7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

What do you guys think of pushing for holistic, lifestyle change programs that include cannabis as a part of the program? See, for example, http://greendrinksfo...8TLC/index.html. How could you get educational institutions like community colleges to adopt such programs? 

#110 william7

william7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

If this article Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Compared Vaccines To The Holocaust—And Now Trump Wants Him To Investigate Their ‘Safety’ is accurate, Trump might just do something positive on medical marijuana. May be Trump don't like Big Pharma and would like to provide the public greater access to alternatives - including medical marijuana.

#111 washtenaut

washtenaut

Advanced Member

• +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

If this article Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Compared Vaccines To The Holocaust—And Now Trump Wants Him To Investigate Their ‘Safety’ is accurate, Trump might just do something positive on medical marijuana. May be Trump don't like Big Pharma and would like to provide the public greater access to alternatives - including medical marijuana.

this article does not give me a lot of confidence.  It sort of implies that Trump will follow his instincts regardless of the facts that have been presented to him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users