Wtf?

Can someone tell me why it is OK to carry a loaded Glock 9mm pistol, but you can't carry a knife with a blade over 3 inches?

Why is it OK to own a military grade weapon but it is illegal to own a knife that uses a mechanical means to open it (i.e. a switch blade)?

This is the kind of thing that makes me scratch my head and say WTF?

Switchblades are illegal because of the teenage hoodlum panic in the 50's.

You can carry any length knife you want in Michigan as long as you don't have "intent" of harming someone.

Yeah, intent is the determining factor, but apparently they automatically assume that you have bad intentions unless you are obviously hunting. Ergo, carrying these weapons is illegal. Just one more absurd situation created/continued by the current party in charge.

I see some similarities between the gun/knife laws and the marijuana/opiate laws in that they have created an absurd situation with each.

With guns/knives you are a threat to others. With opiates you are a threat to yourself. With marijuana you are....??? Well I guess with marijuana you are a threat to the philosophical underpinnings of western society. So I guess it is ok (in conservative's minds) to blow a hole in somebody who looks at you cross-eyed, but heaven help you if carry a big knife or question their philosophies.

I think that there are a lot of conservatives who would like to blow a hole through pot smokers. Newt Gingrich thinks they should be put to death along with queers and atheists. I think Newt Gingrich would look good strung up like Benito Mussolini, but I would settle for seeing him at the fair in a dunk tank.

Edited by AmishRnot4ganja