Cannabis Church Debuts In Lansing

Scarlet_Begonias

Please copy and paiste the aritcle, and than put the site adress!

I cant read the silly arse article w/o becoming a member of the stupid site!

I beleive it proper to put the story on the thread and give us the option of going to the source!

Thank You in advance!

Peace

LANSING - A cannabis congregation.

A parish of pot supporters.

Marijuana missionaries.

Approximately 50 people gathered Sunday in south Lansing for the debut of a new church: The First Cannabis Church of Logic and Reason.

The gathering was a kick-off for what organizer Jeremy Hall hopes will become monthly meetings celebrating cannabis' spiritual properties.

He chooses the word spirituality intentionally. The church has no specific ideology, no texts or prophets to speak of.

"The biggest question I get is, 'How can this be a church if we don't subscribe to a religious theology?'" he told attendees.

"Well, the reality is it sounded better than a cannabis cult."

Those sitting in the worship room laughed.

The church is BYOB, bring your own beliefs, with spirituality brought on by cannabis use serving as the uniting core principal. It's first gathering was held at Lansing Herbal Farmers Market on Southland Avenue near Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.

East Lansing resident Kevin Kesseler was drawn to the debut service by curiosity. Without a medical marijuana card, the 47-year-old wasn't allowed to try the baked goods and joints, referred to as religious materials, available in a nearby room. His interest in marijuana is research and commercial-based.

Kesseler is launching a new business, Adderstone Predictive Analytics, to conduct testing on marijuana so that it can one day be understood and prescribed by doctors.

"The current system doesn't allow for commercialization at the drugs stores or pharmacies until more testing is done," he said.

Moving toward a more studied and predictive system for marijuana medication is music to the ears of Regan Hall. She uses medical marijuana to treat her lupus. She prefers it to prescription medicines that carry a risk of severe side effects.

"I'd like it if there was less work you had to do yourself and could go see a doctor and get a prescription (for a specific type of marijuana) instead," she said.

Aside from one protestor armed with a sign saying marijuana was about the money for sellers, not helping people with health problems, Hall said he's received nothing but encouragement.

Edited by bobandtorey

LANSING - A cannabis congregation.

A parish of pot supporters.

Marijuana missionaries.

Approximately 50 people gathered Sunday in south Lansing for the debut of a new church: The First Cannabis Church of Logic and Reason.

The gathering was a kick-off for what organizer Jeremy Hall hopes will become monthly meetings celebrating cannabis' spiritual properties.

He chooses the word spirituality intentionally. The church has no specific ideology, no texts or prophets to speak of.

"The biggest question I get is, 'How can this be a church if we don't subscribe to a religious theology?'" he told attendees.

"Well, the reality is it sounded better than a cannabis cult."

Those sitting in the worship room laughed.

The church is BYOB, bring your own beliefs, with spirituality brought on by cannabis use serving as the uniting core principal. It's first gathering was held at Lansing Herbal Farmers Market on Southland Avenue near Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.

East Lansing resident Kevin Kesseler was drawn to the debut service by curiosity. Without a medical marijuana card, the 47-year-old wasn't allowed to try the baked goods and joints, referred to as religious materials, available in a nearby room. His interest in marijuana is research and commercial-based.

Kesseler is launching a new business, Adderstone Predictive Analytics, to conduct testing on marijuana so that it can one day be understood and prescribed by doctors.

"The current system doesn't allow for commercialization at the drugs stores or pharmacies until more testing is done," he said.

Moving toward a more studied and predictive system for marijuana medication is music to the ears of Regan Hall. She uses medical marijuana to treat her lupus. She prefers it to prescription medicines that carry a risk of severe side effects.

"I'd like it if there was less work you had to do yourself and could go see a doctor and get a prescription (for a specific type of marijuana) instead," she said.

Aside from one protestor armed with a sign saying marijuana was about the money for sellers, not helping people with health problems, Hall said he's received nothing but encouragement.

Thank You Bob!

Peace

Hallelujah !

Hey Mr Mandatoy Testing,

We have been testing bud as medicine for thousands of years, where you been? We got this.

Evidently you're here to cut yourself a piece of Our pie.

The future is simple and humane, Free the Weed!.

There is enough room for everyone but greedy folk looking buy reps to legislate Leo to protect your market at he expense of our PT/CG system.

We the People voted to GROW our OWN or have a CG help us with that.

If you want disp and testing the Abrogate model is the Only way to go.

Test, dispense , whatever, But keep off our grass and stay out of our gardens!

Edited by beourbud

Soooo... one non pt/ cg who is curious and has and idea about testing... and that is the only comment about the story? :hair:

I read nothing of 'mandatory' testing.

The lady protesting seems to be disgruntled as though she has not had a good experience w/ the system,

in so far as it not helping people in need, more so than she had issues w/ cannabis in of itself.  I had the impression

she was talking about store front enterprises.  I may be wrong on that though.

Kesslers new business will promote mandatory for sure.

Now that recreational is off the table there will be a push to further regulate medical marijuana to eliminate the home grow.

All these attacks are one more of 10,000 cuts to the Law We the People Voted for.

Eta. All for the Church! I AM a Believer!

Edited by beourbud