Questions About Enclosure

NotAStoner

you know what, i was wrong earlier. read the coa opinion on people v king for outdoor grow case law. king spent 5 years in court for his no-top grow as well.NotAStoner, read this pdf:http://publicdocs.courts.mi.gov:81/opinions/final/coa/20110203_c294682_45_21o-294682-final.pdf if you want to argue statuatory construction, beourbud, feel free. but you must quote the case law to back up your assertions.the msc only reversed this opinion in the section 4 requirements put in section 8. they did not hear the enclosed arguements, so the coa case law stands.

An Outdoor Grow is not a Indoor Facility. The facility as you describe is a closet, room etc. are Indoors. An outdoor grow is none of those and that is why Rep Cavanaugh further describes the fence to enclose the Outdoor Facility.

Why so much hating on Mother Nature?

Why are you calling our rep an idiot, you have been wrong twice now in the same thread. The law is written in plain language, what's your problem?

Rep Cavanaugh is a True Cannabis Hero. He obviously had the foresight to include Natural ,Organic, Sun Grown,Cage Free Medicine.

Why don't you leave legal advice up to the pros. And stick with case law that does stand.

So what are your thought on illegal transfers at the Cup?

Where is the outrage?

en·close

inˈklōz,enˈklōz/

verb

past tense: enclosed; past participle: enclosed

surround or close off on all sides.

"the entire estate was enclosed with walls"

synonyms: surround, circle, ring, girdle, encompass, encircle

Outdoor;

: of or relating to the outdoors

a : performed outdoors <outdoor sports>

b : outdoorsy <an outdoor couple>

: not enclosed : having no roof <an outdoor restaurant>

Having No Roof/Top

Who the phuc cares what Leo wants, the law was written to help patients grow their own meds, Show me a case where the only charge is no top.

Outdoors is the future, get over it.

yer an idiot and I wish you would stop advising people to become case law.  How about you test case law and let us know how it works out for you

yer an idiot and I wish you would stop advising people to become case law.  How about you test case law and let us know how it works out for you

Beourbud, I appreciate your tenacity on the whole topless grow idea. But one needs to consider the intent of the legislators. I've analyzed this issue up one side and down the other (side pun intended). Why do you think the legislature said "all sides except the bottom?" Obviously the legislature considered the bottom a side. It follows that the top is also a side.

What highlander said.

If they consider the bottom a side... it stands to simple reason they also consider the top a side...because it is one.

Please beourbud feel free to go top less if YOU choose but don't even try to confuse our community and members with your ignorant idea about putting a top on an enclosure makes that now an indoor enclosure...fence materials can absolutly protect the integrity of a cannabis outdoor facility perfectly well while not interfering with light or airflow in any way and still would be absolutely considered outdoor.

Until this issue is resolved by case law IT IS NOT OK to advise people to take unnecessary risks.

The winning advice is to Put a top on your outdoor grow until further notice.

Make absolute certain the grow space can not be seen from the unaided eye from ANY PERMANENT STRUCTURE...

it has enough room to easily sustain 72 plants.

if strains whose bushiness is moderate and yield medium-low, or if you don't plant til july 15 to shorten the veg period, or plant may 21 if you don't mind brushing thru and breaking lotsa branches.  But put skywalker og or blue dream or critical mass or la confidential one to each 10' x 10', hand have 1 plant do the work of 3.  Alwatys grow fewer, huger yielding plants unless you are a connnisseur who wants a few oz off every book in your library of strains just to see how they taste.

You can only harvest 15 oz right?

So, if growing 72 plants, they can only be like 5-6 grams each.

Why you growing 72 plants outdoors?  Seems excessive for 5 patients.

;-)

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.  And if you are, you aren't fooling anyone, so be careful.

If doing such, you can easily afford a couple hundred bucks to go well beyond minimal enclosure standards.

;-)

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.  And if you are, you aren't fooling anyone, so be careful.

If doing such, you can easily afford a couple hundred bucks to go well beyond minimal enclosure standards.

I am not trying to get past the law, I was originally wanting to see if my enclosure was good enough instead of spending $1000's in fencing supplies (which I already have on my current fencing job). I just want to make sure my fence will be good enough to keep the law off my back if they try to grab a hold of me.

if strains whose bushiness is moderate and yield medium-low, or if you don't plant til july 15 to shorten the veg period, or plant may 21 if you don't mind brushing thru and breaking lotsa branches.  But put skywalker og or blue dream or critical mass or la confidential one to each 10' x 10', hand have 1 plant do the work of 3.  Alwatys grow fewer, huger yielding plants unless you are a connnisseur who wants a few oz off every book in your library of strains just to see how they taste.

I have smaller plants except for my "super duper lemon haze", I also have death-star growing in there :).

;-)

I Have to agree mostly!

I beleive in the beginning alot of people who started growing legaly had $$ in their eye's,  Now 8 yrs later if you still have them kinda signs in your eye's you are probably a despense or have a booth every weekend at a farm market (my c.g does that, he wants me to go with him, I refuse, it is not legal and I wont participate)  I signed a c.g when I first signed up for my card, that didnt work out, so I got my grow rights back and started to grow my own,

I have 2 tents, one is 4 x 4 x 6.6' high, and my other is 2 x 4 x 4' high, one is for veg the other is for bud, I never had more than 10 plants going at one time, I had 3 in my budd tent, I had 4 in my veg tent and 3 clones, I would not even need that much for me, I signed my lady as my pt so I could cover the overages I had!  The only other thing I could have done was grow less, not veg as long or start burying jars around the yard!  ( a nice prob to have lol)  I have done alot of things that the law considers ilegal when it comes to medibles, oil, cannabutter, tinctures, etc! 

I hope one day they make extractions realy legal instead of a preporation there of,   the preporation there of gives leo to much power to screw us older pt's over,  I dont plan on sitting on my porch in a few yrs in my rocking chair smoking a bong or anything else!

Even if I only made medibles from my plants 72 would still be way to much for the pt's I would sign!

We dont grow 72 plants just because the law says we can,  We need to remember that their is a weight restriction on our conditions of having a card!

Of course one could always use the part in the law that says we can grow enough so as to have a continuious supply on hand for our selves and our pt's!

Either way we wind up in court for not following the laws that leo deem necisarry for us as pt's and c.g's,  Im not saying it is right, but it is a fact!

Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Peace

It doesn't seem to me that beourbud has a problem; it's those in counties that are harassing patients and their caregivers for not having a top that have the problem.

The "problem" if there is one, is that putting a chicken wire top on an outdoor field of plants is inconvenient and silly, doesn't provide any more real security than a decent fence, and is just an invite to the next step of harassment in the counties that are holding patients and their caregivers to overstrict interpretations of the rules.

I was just rereading...

I have to say I disagree chad..

When you say putting chicken wire on top of an outdoor field of plants and that it's silly I don't think you are really thinking about today's circumstances.

When we consider cannabis as a commodity it stands to reason that the value of the product defiantly requests a larger statute of protection.

Think about it..what is the true value of cannabis in TODAY'S market.

5 to 7 dollars a gram average means that each and every plant has significant value.

Is it wrong for the government to try to impose a set of protections? Yes...probably...but-it does absolutly make sense.. aren't they really saying to us that our plants are valuable... protect them?

So if you assume that to be correct then think about this... if you drive a 69 mustang convertible to a parking lot would you feel safe securing it with only a bike lock?

Aren't they really trying to tell us that we need to be ultimately careful growing this plant because of the inherent value and that we should go beyond the normal ideals of protecting personal property to protect this particular asset when it's intregient value is so high?

Is it really so wrong to insist people build some kind of enclosure to protect their own assets?

Do we as a community really not understand the true intrinsic value of this plant?

It's priceless.

I will not only put a top on my outdoor grow when I build one it will be a formidable top that will be designed with the value of the crops it is protecting as a primary concern..

We are not permitted to grow fields of cannabis at this time.

We can grow a very limited and specific number of plants...

Protect them.

Lock them up.

Keep them safe from those who will try to take them from you....because they will eventually try to take them from you.

No matter what county you live in.

No matter what style you choose to grow under..

Protect your cannabis plants as if they were made of gold... because truthfully.. they are more valuable.

• 2 weeks later...

What leo's are supposed to be allowed to do is polar opposite of what they do and get away with.

when they come with a signed legitimate warrant, they are allowed to cut locks and take the contents?  Outbuildings, sheds, safes, attics, nothing is off limits with a warrant for your property search I think? Would you say  police routinely remove personal property with the blessing of courts, open, transparent thievery they are allowed to commit? 

I have to ask myself, Self, why would a cannabis activist insist chicken wire be between the sun and a guy's green ?

The root of All cannabis prohibition is Greed.

It ain't safety, it ain't access, It's Greed

Put that chicken wire fence on your garden if you feel the need.

The rest of us reasonable folk are going to Free the Weed.

I have to ask myself, Self, why would a cannabis activist insist chicken wire be between the sun and a guy's green ?

The root of All cannabis prohibition is Greed.

It ain't safety, it ain't access, It's Greed

Put that chicken wire fence on your garden if you feel the need.

The rest of us reasonable folk are going to Free the Weed.

I dont know where you live,  But where I live I cant keep the fricking canadian honkers and deer off of my roses! 

Pointe is,  It dont block the sun enough to slow down growth!

So What is the Big F ucking Deal?

Put up 12' Chain Link F ucking Fence, It isnt gonna slow the F ucking Growth, If any thing it will help you hold Up the Big A ss Budds!

:yahoo-wave: