Questions About Enclosure

NotAStoner

If it is no big deal, why make it one.

Cannabis was fine till prohibition come.

Get Offf My Grass!

Free the Weed!

um, because the law says to cover all sides of the enclosure, except the floor.

um floor=side

um top= side too

do you profit when others have to go to court for having no cover on their medical grow? do you support those who do?  like an ambulance chaser contracted or something?  its the only thing that makes sense as to why you would send patients to court this way.....seems they let anyone use marijuana these days  geesh

um, because the law says to cover all sides of the enclosure, except the floor.

um floor=side

um top= side too

do you profit when others have to go to court for having no cover on their medical grow? do you support those who do?  like an ambulance chaser contracted or something?  its the only thing that makes sense as to why you would send patients to court this way.....seems they let anyone use marijuana these days  geesh

Um, how many gardens you know got a top?

What is the function of the top?

An Outdoor Grow is a garden.

No Top

The Future is in Organic Outdoor Grows

You can stick your top where the sun don't shine.

outdoor;

having no roof, open air <an outdoor restaurant, outdoor tennis court, outdoor pool>

en·close (ĕn-klōz′) also in·close (ĭn-)

tr.v. en·closed, en·clos·ing, en·clos·es also in·closed or in·clos·ing or in·clos·es

a. To surround on all sides; close in: a valley that is enclosed by rugged peaks.

b. To fence in so as to prevent common use: enclosed the pasture.

No Top, No Roof. No stupid chicken wire

Edited by beourbud

Um, how many gardens you know got a top?

What is the function of the top?

An Outdoor Grow is a garden.

No Top

The Future is in Organic Outdoor Grows

You can stick your top where the sun don't shine.

I get your stance man, I really do, and I also appreciate your civil disobedience. Its folks like you and yours that get the job done sometimes  Kudos for that!

however, we're here to abide by the law, not challenge it. of course you'll have a defensible crime on your hand no matter what crime you commit with marijuana, but most of us cannot afford to pay an attorney, or know one willing to work for free. We're told to put a top on it, just like we're told to lock it up in the trunk when we transport.

No reason to suggest to forum readership that these add ons are not to be followed, unless of course you are drumming up business for a law firm and in that case shame on you for doing so.

Every outdoor cannabis garden I've seen had some fencing or chicken wire on the top, because thats what the law says to do.  My neighbor was told by the sheriff to put a top on it, and get it out of view finally two yrs ago. that was the last topless garden I saw.

outdoor;

having no roof, open air <an outdoor restaurant, outdoor tennis court, outdoor pool>

en·close (ĕn-klōz′) also in·close (ĭn-)

tr.v. en·closed, en·clos·ing, en·clos·es also in·closed or in·clos·ing or in·clos·es

a. To surround on all sides; close in: a valley that is enclosed by rugged peaks.

b. To fence in so as to prevent common use: enclosed the pasture.

No Top, No Roof. No stupid chicken wire

Rule is;

all sides except the floor.

floor is a side :horse:

grass could you quote the law that says floor or top?

Both floor and top/roof are components inherent to an indoor enclosure.

Outdoor, Not so much.

My dog crate has a top, and it isn't an indoor structure.  I don't think that arguing that a top makes a structure an indoor enclosure is an adequate argument.

But here's an interesting question/approach - How many sides does a milk crate have?  It has five, right?  Four vertical sides and one bottom side.  A milk crate has no "top."   I think this line of thinking is about the only way to construe that a "fully enclosed" garden doesn't require a top.  If there is no top, then there is no top side.  The top isn't a side because no top exists. 

If I said, "paint all sides of the milk crate," what would you do?  You'd paint five sides and be done.  Nobody would ponder, "Gee, how am I gonna paint the top?"

But this is not a milk crate, it's a garden. Open air, as Nature intended and just like the fore mentioned pasture, enclosed on all sides.

Outdoor Grows are just that, open air gardens , enclosed on all sides

Keep your chicken wire, it's Cage Free for Me

Edited by beourbud

It all comes down to whether the local prosecuting attorney is willing to charge you with a crime you can't be convicted of, assuming you can mount a good section 8 defense. There's no top in section 8 at all. If they arrest you for not having a top, you'll defend yourself with section 8 anyway.

is "locked in a trunk" in section 8?

should we blow that off too because its got a defense in court that costs patients money?  NO!   We should be showing patients how to grow the best medical cannabis with the least amount of risks. Transporting in your pocket is an unnecessary risk and so is growing outdoors without a cover on the top side of the enclosure. This is what needs to be stressed here instead of more sun, defensible, and section 8  legal fees imo.

peace

grass could you quote the law that says floor or top?

Both floor and top/roof are components inherent to an indoor enclosure.

Outdoor, Not so much.

sure thing buddy. HB 4851   http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(hmt1ymcdh4bucmtnr5jzr4od))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=2011-HB-4851

(4) ENCLOSED ON ALL SIDES, EXCEPT FOR THE BASE, BY CHAIN-LINK FENCING, WIRE MESH, WOODEN SLATS, OR A SIMILAR MATERIAL THAT PREVENTS ACCESS BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC.]

lookee there....as I said..."all sides except for the base." the base is considered a side too. common sense deduction shared by all law abiding citizens is since the base is a side, so is the top. Put a lid on it pal, or go to court and let us know how you changed the rules for us all. I'll buy you a soda when that happens! 

for now, lets keep patients out of court aye?

Edited by grassmatch

Hayduke

Advanced Member

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

" I was directly involved in the language on outdoor grows, and it was definitely Rep Horn and Cavanagh's wishes to have a top.  It says "enclosed on all sides except the base".... that seems clear that if you consider the base a side (and clearly they do as they mention it specifically), then it stands to reason the top is also a side."

Everyone may do as they wish, no problem, but if I was growing outside, I would consider a top mandatory....

:horse: < right from his mouth!

Bb sounds like a cop. I know because i, too, am a cop. We generally promote stuff like no top in order to pay for our armored vehicles and such. Most can't afford to fight it and they take a deal. Those that do fight, we turn up the heat with forfeiture threats. They usually cave.

Ok. Just had to get that out with a heap of sarcasm. To each their own, obviously be mindful of how your local boys deal with chite, but don't forget that msp and the feds exist too. They don't care about how cool ann arbor or lansing are. If you give them an opportunity and it's worth it for them, you're in the f-ing cross-hairs....Don't matter where you are.

I'm in favor of protecting patients, not creating good law. Seriously, zap, if you promise to take it to the SC on your dime, I'll take the top off new Orleans style! Peace ya'll. Watch out for the fella in blue.....he's a watchin' you! :):):)

your outdoor weed without a top is going to be far inferior product compared to my greenhouse with a top.  The wet, rainy fall season is going to make sure your buds are full of mold..  Good luck with that bro.

great point garyfisher! 

its Michigan right, most of us have learned a thing or two about quality and safety.

hows your garden looking currently?  Every day I go outside I flash your garden pic in my head. I love your style in there and know the bud cant be beat!

I wish my neighbors would start growing (more), so my next outdoor stink doesnt stick out like a green thumb.

peace

Williams,  I feel ya.  I am well within my limit and I know of people doing much larger greenhouses/barns, indoor grows, etc..  I now have a harvest schedule down that allows me to not be over my limit while keeping all patients satisfied.

GM:

3 Gorilla Glue #4
3 Bubba kush

3 Star Tonic

3 blue dream.

The blue dreams are the largest plants by far.  Already 3' tall and 3' around.  Mind you these went into the ground 2 weeks ago and were only 12" tall and in one gallon smart pots.  

Using Morgan Composting's Horticulture 301 mix.  It's basically dairy doo with amendments.  The holes are 4'x4'x1.5' deep.    The only thing I will use on the plants is Aerated compost/guano Teas and weekly Foliar feeding with liquid seaweed.

I had an issue with the sunriser 60amp charge controller not working this season so I have the DC SNAP-fans directly wired to the PV cells.   The sun works as a rheostat, regulating the voltage and amperage delivered to the fans.  

Looking at results in my garden. Seems like the area that I put woodchips down on ( a few years ago, they have since decomposed ) holds and retains moisture better. The plants growing in that area are stronger, healthier , bushier.

Before the outdoor marijuana grow thing legally comes around, I think I'll cruise around for some free woodchips and dig a nice size area in my yard and bury the chips. Get the yard ready for planting.

darn sandy loam!

Bb sounds like a cop. I know because i, too, am a cop. We generally promote stuff like no top in order to pay for our armored vehicles and such. Most can't afford to fight it and they take a deal. Those that do fight, we turn up the heat with forfeiture threats. They usually cave.

Ok. Just had to get that out with a heap of sarcasm. To each their own, obviously be mindful of how your local boys deal with chite, but don't forget that msp and the feds exist too. They don't care about how cool ann arbor or lansing are. If you give them an opportunity and it's worth it for them, you're in the f-ing cross-hairs....Don't matter where you are.

I'm in favor of protecting patients, not creating good law. Seriously, zap, if you promise to take it to the SC on your dime, I'll take the top off new Orleans style! Peace ya'll. Watch out for the fella in blue.....he's a watchin' you! :):):)

Hilarious but I refuse to entertain such lunacy.

Come back after it runs the course thru the courts

Till then maybe you can address the illegal transfers at labs, A2 and Da Cup. If you are worried about folk getting arrested or upsetting Leo.

I get it you guys want to set up a monopoly thru regulations to Proffit your selfs on the backs of us patients and this chickenshit wire is part of your plan.

Am I surprised there are a dozen greedy folk out of 160000 cardholders?

All I can say is WINNING. And we will continue to grow and win because the people got our back and we got the people's back

So here is another Gorrila Grow Tip

Today is a great day to take your cuts for an outdoor grow.

The humidity this week will be perfect and the plants are still veggin.

This is going to be the best year Ever!

Edited by beourbud