Legal Question About Decriminalized Cities

legacy

So my understanding could be way off, but I'm thinking that in Grand Rapids, the city police issue tickets and are unable to arrest or prosecute under county or state law. Also of the understanding that many other decriminalized cities' cops ignore the local law and arrest and prosecute under county or state law. If that's true, then what makes GR's law different?

In Kent County (GR), their prosecutor took the law to court all the way up to the Supreme Court (and lost). So he seems like a jerk. But if their decrim law is the actual policy in force, then what makes it different? 

I found this lawyer's website (who i have no connection with) that shows the analysis of the GR law. Maybe section (d) is the part that prevents county / state prosecution. 

GR voted in 2012. I wonder if none of the 15 following cities included section (d). 

Another lawyer's website (again no connection) shows many of the decrim cities (including Ferndale) and their police chiefs saying they plan to ignore the law and prosecute under state law

Yes, but the police do not prosecute people, thats up to the prosecutor. Most of the prosecutors see the writing on the wall and decline to do so. Even if the police chiefs are crazy.

Collins envisioned that, with the passage of the ordinance in Ferndale, "every yahoo" would be out on the corner of Woodward and 9 Mile, in restaurants and bars or in the backyard next to their kids smoking pot, he said."That has not materialized, and I'm the first to admit it," Collins said. "But we haven't had a summer yet with this law."
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/04/law_enforcement_in_detroit_fer.htmlwhen the chief of police says that in your city, its time to get a new chief.