Local Marijuana Advocate Aims For Dispensary Standards

bobandtorey

Medical marijuana has been legal in Michigan since 2009, and there’s currently an effort to legalize it for recreational use, but local governments across the state have struggled to create consistent laws to regulate cannabis. We talk with an advocate who envisions a national organization to set those standards.

Listen 
Listening...

0:00

The city of Lansing is working to develop a new ordinance to regulate medical marijuana dispensaries. By some estimates, Lansing has as many as 70 shops where cannabis is sold for medical use. Michigan voters approved medical marijuana in 2008. Since then, regulating the industry has proved challenging.

Chris Riesbeck wants to see more consistency in the marijuana industry. Riesbeck is a chef by trade, but he’s also a licensed caregiver who has a vision for what he hopes will be a national organization that will set the standards for marijuana regulation.

http://wkar.org/post/local-marijuana-advocate-aims-dispensary-standards#stream/0

Here we go another guy trying to implement more rules on an already restricted to death medical law I don't agree with your requests for more standards I know what goes into my plants I use nothing in flower and only Neem oil based preventatives pre flower I do not need anyone to regulate me any more than what the state already has in place .

Omg here we go. If they try and implement this crap the caregivers and suppliers are gonna act like the pharmacys do- the pharmacists that pretend to be doctors.....? " it's one day early you can't have your rx". " I don't think you should be taking this much- I got to call your doctor". " this may be a typo - got to call the doctor". " we are out if this medication- don't know when it will come in". " we don't carry that". ETC ETC ETC!

I don't want the MM to change- I love it how it is now!!