Looking For Caregiver (Muskegon)

Califin

Good deal, califin. I figured as I read through again. Sorry about the bad luck/vibes. Stick around and bump this thread and hopefully things will work out. Either way, keep us updated. Caregivers and patients can learn from these experiences. Stay quiet of course if it makes you uncomfortable :)

I hope you find someone. I was sad to see July - now to just be a run-around for you. Good luck.

Wet

No, no. You just mentioned anxiety and I know some people are uncomfortable with details on forums. I was just saying (referring to the negative interactions trying to find cg) it's helpful to the community at large if we hear about the bad or weird experiences someone has. At the same time I was trying to not be pushy. I missed the mark it seems. Really saying that I hope you stay around and share your experience, if not, that's cool too. :)

Wet

Edited by WET

I can share, I just prefer not to talk negative about things. Life is too short.

The basic of it all was/is. I can here searching for a CG... you all were here, so you know this part.

I met with in a fast food joint and filled out paper work and asked some questions. Not enough of them, and not all of the right ones. I know this now. After filling out the paper work when went to his car for an "exchange" This all felt so wrong and I didn't want to be there, but I needed med's, and I couldn't afford 250+ at a dispensary at the time.  Life happens.

Anyway, the quality was sub par. It was light burnt (looked like it was under one of those lamps and McD's in the 80's.) Had 0 crystals, and tasted like ABV when smoked. It was so devoid of THC that I couldn't even make out trichomes's at 120x. 

I bought 2 oz like this at two different times. The first time they told be it was mids and there was better stuff on the way. Never happened. The next time we me, I was waiting in a parking lot and they just drove up, handed me a "baggie" took my "donation" and that was the end of that. The quality was the same as the first time, they said they were confused and thought I wanted the sand strain. A strain the never named no matter if I asked. " Just an old strain I've been growing" type of answer. Again, my mistake.

After those two oz's I wanted to be done. But I still needed med's and still not enough to keep feeding dispensaries my money. So I asked to see pics of what they had, so they said they would "give me a few" grams to try. And when I did they quality was WAY different that what I had gotten up until this point. So I said I wold talk 2.5 and we would be done. I would like their info to fill out a change of CG form and we could go out separate ways. They said they never sent it because they trusted me....well I trusted them to follow the law. Not to put me and my family at risk. 

Well... I went to meet up again for the last time. Same scenario in a parking lot with a hand off. When I got home the 2.5 was not the same strain I had tried, but what was I to do. Ask for a refund? 

That doesn't include the wait time when I tired to contact them which at some points was over two day. 

Well then. That is the short of it. So you can see why I really don't like this looking for CG stuff, let a lone looking through CL.

Well, dinner calls. 

Hope that is what you were looking for. 

Ah, bad grower is all. Just someone who couldn't grow decent cannabis. They might have tried very hard and failed. Probably a newbie. 

And that is fine if that were disclosed up front, or if I was given the same quality i was shown, but I wasn't. 

I am a medical patient, not a recreational user. I needed my medicine to help, and if someone couldn't provided that for me, than they should have been honest with me. Honesty is the key to any good relationship, this included. 

Everyone deserves a CG who was going to be who is going to care about them more than the dollar amount you are handing them. If you can't provide that that basic compassion for your PT's , then please don't be a CG.

I did't share my experience to bash any one or their ability. I was asked to share, so I did, reluctantly. 

I am grateful for that person coming to my assistance when I needed. It wasn't what I needed, but grateful non the less. 

And that is fine if that were disclosed up front, or if I was given the same quality i was shown, :notfair:  but I wasn't. 

I am a medical patient, not a recreational user. I needed my medicine to help, and if someone couldn't provided that for me, than they should have been honest with me. Honesty is the key to any good relationship, this included. 

Everyone deserves a CG who was going to be who is going to care about them more than the dollar amount you are handing them. If you can't provide that that basic compassion for your PT's , then please don't be a CG.

I did't share my experience to bash any one or their ability. I was asked to share, so I did, reluctantly. 

I am grateful for that person coming to my assistance when I needed. It wasn't what I needed, but grateful non the less. 

:goodjob:

mids are free around here...grade A is $150oz.  you could move south ya know :P

better hurry before its commercialized, I suspect costs will commercial-rise too.

"Quote"

better hurry before its commercialized, I suspect costs will commercial-rise "Quote"

Nice to say when the poor guy can't use ya..  ya know the grass is always greenest over the septic tank..

There is no real reason he can't find a cg right here (Muskegon).. true there are some shifty folks in muskegon area.. but a CG out of GR would work also. If i had an opening I would be happy to help, but i don't .. And when it was advised to interview like your life depended on it.. well from CL it very likely does. I wouldn't use CL to find a dog..... let alone meds.  I'm sorry you haven't been able to locate a decent cg but they are out there... good luck again I'm sure you will find what you need. Keep your faith brother, when you least expect it someone will come along and fix you up. 

Edited by Willy

Thank for sharing. Sorry that things went that way for you. Wow. Avb! Its sad that there are people out there like that. Maybe (hopefully) Restorium2 is right in that maybe they were just new and not great at growing. Again, I feel terrible you are in this situation, and I'm saddened that you haven't found a resolution. You've spelled out perfectly your expectations (which are 110% reasonable) and I feel a good CG in the air. We'll try to keep this thread at the top of the list! Again, thanks for sharing.

Wet

"Quote"

better hurry before its commercialized, I suspect costs will commercial-rise "Quote"

Nice to say when the poor guy can't use ya..  ya know the grass is always greenest over the septic tank..

There is no real reason he can't find a cg right here (Muskegon).. true there are some shifty folks in muskegon area.. but a CG out of GR would work also. If i had an opening I would be happy to help, but i don't .. And when it was advised to interview like your life depended on it.. well from CL it very likely does. I wouldn't use CL to find a dog..... let alone meds.  I'm sorry you haven't been able to locate a decent cg but they are out there... good luck again I'm sure you will find what you need. Keep your faith brother, when you least expect it someone will come along and fix you up. 

xs99xlb.jpg

(septic tank is sealed, grass is same, unless leaking :watching: )

better hurry before its commercialized, I suspect costs will commercial-rise too.

I don't know what you are trying to imply, but regardless of what that is I never asked for free med's. All I wanted was a picture to show me it was going to be different before I bought  2.5 oz.  I would have gone on that alone. I'm a trusting person, and a lot of the times that just doesn't work out for me, but I'll never change. 

I know I didn't pay for grade A, I paid 400$or grade ABV. I pay $280 an oz at dispensaries for mid's.  But they do come with free seeds ( in my flower, not on the side).

But that is neither here nor there. As long as the price is reasonable, and the quality the same, I will pay a reasonable price. But please, don't expect anyone to accept 150-any amount for non medical grade. 

It's hard to grow great cannabis. Harder for someone who is impatient, nearly impossible. 

When you find an actual good grower they will have what you need when you need it and will be happy with what you have said you could offer.

I say this so you can understand the picture and the simplicity of it, stripping away all the smoke and mirrors. I think this will help you immensely.  The success of your search will hinge on the growing ability of the caregiver. 

It's hard to grow great cannabis. Harder for someone who is impatient, nearly impossible. 

When you find an actual good grower they will have what you need when you need it and will be happy with what you have said you could offer.

I say this so you can understand the picture and the simplicity of it, stripping away all the smoke and mirrors. I think this will help you immensely.  The success of your search will hinge on the growing ability of the caregiver. 

I agree it is hard. All this worth it are. I grow too, so I understand it takes times.

By no means am I impatient, but if that is what you take from it I'm sorry. I never mentioned a time frame by when I need med's, just how often I use. I have never rushed anyone. Shoot, I go to dispensaries and pay 240-280 an oz for seeded, tumbled buds, and I am ok with that.  All I have been looking for is decent medicine from a CG who already has it on hand. Not for someone to supply me on demand. If they didn't have any, I would just go to a dispensary like I have been, and give my CG a call next time I'm running low to see if they had any. If not, well I'll rinse and repeat. 

Thank you for the wanting to help me understand.

I don't know what you are trying to imply, but regardless of what that is I never asked for free med's. All I wanted was a picture to show me it was going to be different before I bought  2.5 oz.  I would have gone on that alone. I'm a trusting person, and a lot of the times that just doesn't work out for me, but I'll never change. 

I know I didn't pay for grade A, I paid 400$or grade ABV. I pay $280 an oz at dispensaries for mid's.  But they do come with free seeds ( in my flower, not on the side).

But that is neither here nor there. As long as the price is reasonable, and the quality the same, I will pay a reasonable price. But please, don't expect anyone to accept 150-any amount for non medical grade. 

no need to read between the lines. I put an emoji with its tongue sticking in its cheek to imply humor, to make you smile. I bet everything costs more in your town than in mine..which costs more than the towns south of me...

bit of fact though......my patients do pay $150 dollars per ounce of grade A medical marijuana. I dont offer anything else to them, there are no second choices, or improperly grown for cheaper.....only grade A, the rest goes to the bunnies.

The patients that take

a delivery of 2.5 ounces at a time pay exactly that, have  for a long time. The patients taking an ounce at a time donate 225 per ounce. This has not changed since 2009 when I decided to help a few patients. Its  the best cannabis I have ever had in my life. I've been using around 35 years. The quality of the indoor I grow reminds me of those once in awhile scores with exotic names, the really expensive ones. Now I know those were actually good genetics grown properly.

I wish you the best.everyone here is making conversation, trying to help, keeping your post up top so hopefully it gets noticed by someone who can assist you as soon as possible. hang in there

peace

I believe that many people who try to grow are impatient and that is their downfall.  That's all I meant by impatient. 

No worries, I just want to make sure we all stay on the same page. 

I wish you the best.everyone here is making conversation, trying to help, keeping your post up top so hopefully it gets noticed by someone who can assist you as soon as possible. hang in there

peace

Thank you for all the help , and kind words.  :)

If i had an opening I would be happy to help, but i don't .. And when it was advised to interview like your life depended on it.. well from CL it very likely does. I wouldn't use CL to find a dog..... let alone meds.  I'm sorry you haven't been able to locate a decent cg but they are out there... good luck again I'm sure you will find what you need. Keep your faith brother, when you least expect it someone will come along and fix you up. 

Thanks Willy! I will differently keep my head up.  

Not very nice probably not ment to be tho.

what???  its informative for sure. the truth too. it wasnt meant to hurt feelings, but I wonder why you would think that to be so in the first place, or that I would be mean to a patient here searching for a caregiver.

like it is good to hide low costs and good deeds from others not getting a fair shake?   I love to hear of the cannabis scenes and cost nationwide, and even on the other side of the state. anyone paying more or less than op in MI?  sure there there is.

sharing those costs would not be perceived as "rubbing it in" to me, any more than listening to free outdoor growers rubbing in my indoor costs man.

little gas, little spark, I get it, makes for good reading aye?

peace

Well, I'll be headed off to a dispensary again here in the next two days. The menu I was emailed in my price range in all hybrids. So I was wondering if you all could make any suggestions. I know you can't go on quality or anything that, but maybe some insight from people who may have encountered some of these strains at one point in time.

(10/gram :Golden Lemons, Fruity, Pebbles, Cali Dream,Grapefruit Sensi). 

If it helps I mainly suffer from pain, insomnia, muscle spasms due to my conditions. Mental wise I can't do Sativa's (a few exceptions i.e. Strawberry Cough), it  does not go well with my conditions. I prefer to remain calm, and relaxed.  

Again, any insight would be appreciated.

Thank folks.           

I highly recommend grape ape if they have it.. pure indica or should be.. i grow it for pain, muscle spasms, and sleeping.. not real bad for anxiety,, but can cause it.. I have to grow lots my pain patients and my MS patients love the hell outta it.. the cali dream is good also but i dont know about anxiety ,, that can depend on stage it was harvests. take your scope and check the bud out.. look for bugs, mold, and trics etc...

Strain Highlights

Grape Ape, propagated by Apothecary Genetics and Barney’s Farm, is a mostly indica strain that crosses Mendocino PurpsSkunk, and Afghani. Named for its distinct grape-like smell, this indica is known for providing carefree relaxation that can help soothe painstress, and anxiety. Its dense, compact buds are wreathed in deep purple leaves which darken as this indica reaches full maturation following its 7 to 8 week flowering time.

Strain Attributes 

Pain

Stress

Insomnia

Depression

Lack of Appetite

Happy

Sleepy

Euphoric

Edited by Willy

I highly recommend grape ape if they have it.. pure indica or should be.. i grow it for pain, muscle spasms, and sleeping.. not real bad for anxiety,, but can cause it.. I have to grow lots my pain patients and my MS patients love the hell outta it.. the cali dream is good also but i dont know about anxiety ,, that can depend on stage it was harvests. take your scope and check the bud out.. look for bugs, mold, and trics etc...

Strain Highlights

Grape Ape, propagated by Apothecary Genetics and Barney’s Farm, is a mostly indica strain that crosses Mendocino PurpsSkunk, and Afghani. Named for its distinct grape-like smell, this indica is known for providing carefree relaxation that can help soothe painstress, and anxiety. Its dense, compact buds are wreathed in deep purple leaves which darken as this indica reaches full maturation following its 7 to 8 week flowering time.

Strain Attributes 

Pain

Stress

Insomnia

Depression

Lack of Appetite

Happy

Sleepy

Euphoric

Cool, thanks a lot! I didn't see Grape Ape even in their higher tiers, but that is good to know for the future. 

As for the scope, I do use it when I get home, but have never brought it with me. I should, and I need to, but it makes me feel odd as I'm limited in options. I on't want to burn bridges. I always feel like I'm just dealing with corner dealers in these place. They know know next to nothing about what they are selling, and doubt they could care less. Lucky I've never found bug or mold, but every place I have been to tumbles. I don't find full trichome's until I break the bud's open. Most are still clear, but sometimes I get lucky and get a mostly cloudy bud with speckles of amber, but that's rare. 

But again, thank you for the info, Willy. I will be sure to check out the Cali Dream. 

Geez, looking at the menu's at some of the place's in Grand Rapids is crazy. 480$ an oz! I don't know how people can pay that. It makes me sick to pay 280$, but 480$ WOW!

Anyway, I saw they had Grape ape and Grape Ape (Kramer's Cut). Anyone know the difference? I've heard of the Ken's cut of Strawberry Cough, but not this cut of Grape Ape. I did a quick google search and mostly got Seinfeld stuff. 

Not looking for info right now this second, just curious. 

it just means that some guy named or nicknamed kramer is providing the clones (or dried herb) to the retail spot. Its a early marketing tool that dispensaries use. They decide they trust the guy or gal providing clones and attach the growers moniker to it in order to express reliability, superiority, whatever....Most of the time it doesn't mean anything. In a few instances (Perkins Cannatonic) the name attached could provide some insight into thc:cbd ratios. Like i said, most of the time its just someone attaching their name to it for ego, or marketing purposes. I'll say however, if i provided clones, i'd attach my name if they were really, really good, so maybe Kramer has the same pride/integrity. How's that for helpful? Ha, sorry.....im terrible at explaining stuff.

Wet

Edited by WET

I can say that I went on a long hunt for grape ape.. over 2 yrs to find the cut i wanted. Never heard it called Kramer Kut.. I got a Barneys Farm version cut.. And i have been running it ever since 2011.. I tend to agree with Wet.. I had a strain I crossed out.. and of course it was Willy's Blue Ice.. a cross of Alaskan Ice/ DJ Shorts Blue Berry.. Gave many cuts out, and it was well received, I lost the strain tho out of negligence.. or was too high..It was a huge producer all most everyone got 8 zips on hydro. Lovely but ya it is nice to throw your moniker on your sheit like that.  

And i forgot to say i went thru 3 other cuts of grape ape... before i settled on the Barneys. there is 4 cuts floating around michigan.. I never got the fourth, I found it but the guy would not let me have a cut.. due to prior agreement with his clone supplier. A give it away you dont get no more from me.. them strain hoarders .. darn peeps.. lol

Edited by Willy