Cadillac Men Arrested Following Search Of Medical Marijuana Dispensary

bobandtorey

Neighbors shocked to hear this house in Cadillac was the subject of a police raid today.

The Traverse Narcotics Team and the Michigan State Police searched the home, that ended up being a medical marijuana dispensary.

The house is on Plett Road in Cadillac.

Three people ended up being arrested, now facing drug related charges.

When we got to the house around 1 this afternoon, there were several police cars and detectives going through it.

"It just proves that it happens everyday. Whether it's legal or not it goes on every day," said Zach Lovell.

A man under arrest after operating a medical marijuana dispensary on this Cadillac road.

"Dispensaries are not legal under the Michigan Marijuana Act none of them are legal, so he was selling marijuana from what he called a dispensary. You can locate it on the internet as such. He calls it a dispensary he was selling marijuana and he wasn't a caregiver. He was a medical marijuana patient himself," said Sgt. Don Bailey.

It's not the first time there's been trouble...

He got a cease and desist order last year after another dispensary he owned was raided, an order police say he never followed.

"A patient can grow up to 12 plants a patient can possess up to two and a half ounces of marijuana leaf product no more. If they have more than that through their grow they can't sell or give it away to anybody else. A caregiver can have 12 plants per patient," Sgt. Don Bailey said.

Police say the man even advertised using business cards and the internet.

Despite that, many never even knew it was there.

"My view is it hurts more families than it helps because like I said it by itself doesn't hurt anybody but when people get in trouble for it they go to prison a lot of times if it's the dispensaries selling to other people it's prison time a lot of people have kids and stuff that it affects greatly," said Zach Lovell.

The men will be arraigned tomorrow.

They face several counts of delivery of marijuana including maintaining a drug house.

http://www.9and10news.com/story/32421509/cadillac-men-arrested-following-search-of-medical-marijuana-dispensary

"Dispensaries are not legal under the Michigan Marijuana Act none of them are legal, so he was selling marijuana from what he called a dispensary. You can locate it on the internet as such. He calls it a dispensary he was selling marijuana and he wasn't a caregiver. He was a medical marijuana patient himself," said Sgt. Don Bailey.

now they're into the websites eh?  what a fiasco this will be. I see a half dozen of them local that do the same thing, and even deliver by car or mail!! I wondered why they ignored that for so long. I wish they would go catch bad guys instead, like the ones that kill people, rape and rob, surely theres enough of them around. why dont we get to decide what the police do with our money?'

oh yeah, they got cannabis users to pay into a fund that pays for the raids, I forgot, we did decide

what a qrazy mixed up world we live in. thank heavens for chemdawg

maybe the brazen will interpret this as "if he was a caregiver he could have been selling marijuana from his porch side dispensary without our interference"

good luck with that brazen ones.