Colorado City Water Tests Positive For Thc

BirdHunter

LINCOLN COUNTY - The town of Hugo’s approximately 720 residents have been warned not to drink or cook using the local water supply after authorities found evidence of THC.

Cpt. Michael Yowell with the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office says investigators have found evidence that someone may have tampered with one of the town’s five wells. At this point, police don’t know how much THC is in the water, or how it got there.

It’s something that one prosecutor said he hasn’t seen in his 22 year career.

The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office was first told about the issue with the town’s water supply on Thursday afternoon. Hugo Public Works first learned about it after, while trying to administer a drug test, an employer in the area noticed that the town’s water was positive for THC.

This prompted additional tests, and Yowell says the sheriff’s office was able to isolate the THC to one well – Well #1. This well is no longer feeding the town’s water supply, but it will take 48 hours for the water to cycle through.

In the meantime, Hugo’s residents are being provided with bottled water.

many drugs, fuels, lubricants, pesticides that are not readily water soluble and are found to contaminate water. lead and even oil dissolves in water albeit slowly and low level,. Because thc is an oil (lipophilic) and is only slightly water-soluble (with a solubility of 2.8 mg per liter).(wiki) thc could be emulsified, or dissolved in an organic solvent like alcohol, fat, lipids, albumin, Tween 80, Emulphor or PEG allowing it to flow in water. I imagine a flawed mix produced for the vape cartridge industry, often in the back room of a store, was poured down a well for some strange reason. I dont think pouring down the drain there would contaminate the well.

I think it is absolutely possible that thc can contaminate water supply, but not accidentally.  

Thats it, the final straw, I'm moving to Colorado!! 

Replace flouride with THC for the win, they are pioneers in this state! lol

Edited by grassmatch

Seeing as how THC is in all sewage in all cities, it is more probable that the well was contaminated with sewage than someone poisoned the well.

It is more probable that there is something in the water causing the test to false positive , though. Maybe PH or dissolved solids (ppm) or random well-water minerals.

Edited by bax

You think it is more possible that the water is polluted than the test kits are bogus? I suppose that is how the police create their narrative, by saying what people who fear cannabis might believe. Like THC candy on Halloween and stuff.

yep, tests could be bogus, its been proven. but most cities have found drugs in their sewage and I never seen a challenge to those tests. I wonder how they test, and what is the false positive rate in those tests too.

anyway, my post was NOT probabilities/possibilities vs solubility.  solubility being my point.

but...

IF the water was contaminated by thc....and it is possible we see now right...I proposed it was purposefully contaminated at the source/sample site.

its in municipal sewage  as posted http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/28/world/europe/wastewater-drug-tests/ and sewage often finds its way into wells, especially among rural towns with ponds and septic fields abound. Its not unlikely at all that thc has found its way into a well in a cannabis utopia town after all.  bummer  eye opener I know, glad we cleared that up.  be neat to discover a couple unruly kids, some inter departmental sabotage, a bad farmer, or exposed faulty testing so they can get this cleaned up.

Edited by grassmatch

Soon that water providing false positives will be people’s saliva here in Michigan. The whole DRE program is junk science. The tests are junk, the methodology is junk and the ‘science’ is junk. The only thing they have down to a science is getting away with creating false positives and arrests.

The false positive rates for these tests range from 33% - 70%, which is consistent with how many false positives they had for well water. Of course, accepting that these test kits are garbage is a lot more inconvenient than claiming the city has been poisoned with something that isn’t even soluble in water… basic chemistry 101.

Soon that water providing false positives will be people’s saliva here in Michigan. The whole DRE program is junk science. The tests are junk, the methodology is junk and the ‘science’ is junk. The only thing they have down to a science is getting away with creating false positives and arrests.

The false positive rates for these tests range from 33% - 70%, which is consistent with how many false positives they had for well water. Of course, accepting that these test kits are garbage is a lot more inconvenient than claiming the city has been poisoned with something that isn’t even soluble in water… basic chemistry 101.

I wonder how many people lost jobs or violated probation on these junk tests?

Peace

Seeing this story making its rounds on fb and reading the comments is eye opening to just how stupid and sheep like people are now. Even when you point the science out and the flaw with these tests..they just get even more ignorant. Willfully ignorant.

It's easier for many people to believe that their water was poisoned then for them to accept that their "awesome" police are using test kits that give absurd amounts of false positives.

I wonder how many people lost jobs or violated probation on these junk tests?

Peace

I would say tens if not hundreds of thousands of people have been victimized by these tests. Most people just assume that everything is scientific in regards to crime labs and field tests. After hearing testimony on how the DRE-program was created, it is clear this is false. They didn’t go for a panel of experts with various studies, instead they nit-picked unqualified individuals to agree with them and labeled it science. I have zero trust that they did any research or initial testing with these field kits. LEO doesn’t know what science is, they think they are lab techs simply by crushing some vials in a plastic bag. What recently happened in Michigan seems to show a more malicious intent, where we had LEO and prosecutors telling lab techs how to do their jobs.

There are way too many injustices happening in this country. I could only imagine how these people feel after having everything they worked for stolen from them without reason. LEO is not only relying on these field tests to arrest someone, but they either never retest with more accurate methods or wait several months while people sit in jail.

I would say tens if not hundreds of thousands of people have been victimized by these tests. Most people just assume that everything is scientific in regards to crime labs and field tests. After hearing testimony on how the DRE-program was created, it is clear this is false. They didn’t go for a panel of experts with various studies, instead they nit-picked unqualified individuals to agree with them and labeled it science. I have zero trust that they did any research or initial testing with these field kits. LEO doesn’t know what science is, they think they are lab techs simply by crushing some vials in a plastic bag. What recently happened in Michigan seems to show a more malicious intent, where we had LEO and prosecutors telling lab techs how to do their jobs.

There are way too many injustices happening in this country. I could only imagine how these people feel after having everything they worked for stolen from them without reason. LEO is not only relying on these field tests to arrest someone, but they either never retest with more accurate methods or wait several months while people sit in jail.

just one part of the injustice system at play. These atrocities and worse have been committed for many years against society and all we get is a court attorney urging us to plea bargain or go to jail. Nice going, The Justus System !

We've known for half a century cops have been lying to tag us with a charge. From planting drugs , intimidation, assassination, falsifying evidence and more. Now what?