K.i.s.s? Other Than Manure Or Compost, Is This The Least Cost Nutes?

pic book

I think pic is without wheels gary.

Kinda like me :)  I don't think Imma haul totes of poo on the city bus any time soon.

Maybe start composting your kitchen scraps, yard waste, leaves etc?

Heck. last year I raked the neighbors yard so I had more leaves.

This year I am letting them bag 'em and haul to the curb, then I will collect them haha.

Won't help now of course but it will help in the future.

Pee for Nitrogen diluted to 20:1, Ashes for potassium and bone meal for calcium and phosphorous(if you have bats collect that bunny muffin and let it sit for a year, or chickens), and lawn lime for calcium and magnesium.  We used to go out to the break wall on Lake Erie in Buffalo and collect the bird bunny muffin and mix it into soil and sit it for a year.

Pic.  Did you just post an ad on craiglist looking for a partner....????  

I am an MMMP Patient allowed to possess 12 - $3 (Detroit) hide this posting

6059.png6059.png6060.png6060.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon-2x.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

plants, and i have a hard card. I want a money-partner (more if you want to do things and get hands dirty). Goal is to build what you see at {1800 Watt Chemdawg-D Vertical Tree Grow a la Heath Robinson}. Look it up, please. I have the required 3-600 watt lights and the 400 for vegging as well. Maybe you have the clones? Visit the site and read and you will see that Crotch Monger completely lays out the parts and tools list. Hit me back if you can finance the build. Or, you may wish to protect yourself and your $ by buying the parts and tools on Crotch Monger's 4 lists and then we build it? I have a basement wired for heavy power so what i bring to the party is the grow site, the power and the necessary lamps.

Well,  if you break KISS down to the extreme basics:

Blood Meal

Bone Meal

Kelp Meal

Dolomite Lime

Epsom Salt

It is pretty cheap.  (Its the whole point)

You can almost always get the first 4 of those at a local feed and seed or co-op, the first 3 in bulk by the pound.

If by bulk, you can find Blood meal for around $1-$2/lb.

Bone meal in the same price zone but a little cheaper than Blood meal.

Kelp meal is around $2.50ish per pound.

Dolomite lime is super cheap. 5 buckish for 50 lbs.

And epsom salt is a couple bucks at Wally World.

You can just stop there if that is all the money you got. It will get ya through. :-)

Now, from there if ya have an extra $20 bucks I would go with Worm castings.  Don't add as much as my original mix shows, but put in a few heaping handfuls into the mix It really helps smooth things out and give that little extra kick of Nitrogen and enzymes to encourage a healthy environment.

The rest is very good(Plant Success, Rare Earth, Seaweed extract, etc.), but not a must, and those raise your cost a bit.

One time I kinda figured out what is was costing me in total from start to harvest in a 6 gallon pot as far as peat plus nutrients and water.  I think it came to around $6-7 bucks per plant(3-8 oz/each, strain/size/environment variable). And that is cost for the full mix, not the smaller one I laid out here.

That is pretty cheap.

One of these years I will figure out the cost again. Maybe someone else who does a KISS type system can chime in on that front.  I am too lazy, thus why I came up with the KISS method.