Six Additional Michigan Employees Charged In Flint Water Crisis

Alphabob

There were several recent statements that I found interesting. See links for the full articles/audio/video:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/flint-water-crisis/2016/07/29/6-state-employees-criminally-charged-flint-water-crisis/87697834/

Press: “There’s a key date in all of these different charges on July 28th, events that transpired on that in both departments. Is there some linkage there, have you figured anything out?

Todd Flood: “Well, I’m not going to try to prove waters wet right here, but it looks pretty obvious as you see on the same day, July 28th, you have Christine’s (last name?) report being buried while at the same time the DEQ is changing and manipulating those reports, the lead and copper monitoring reports. So you have two agencies manipulating reports on the same day and that lock steps going to stage left.

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/30/488057921/its-jarred-my-soul-prosecutor-speaks-on-flint-lead-water-crisis

NPR: “What are the next steps and do you believe that these are the people primarily responsible for the water crisis or are there more to come?”

Todd Flood: “There’s more to come. I don’t think that these people are the primary people that are responsible for making these decisions happen. They’re complicit in this scheme. I think there was someone else behind the curtain doing the puppet master type-activities, but that’s for another day.”

Hmm, I wonder… who could simultaneously manipulate senior staff at two state agencies while having them censor critical reports and fudge data. And what exactly did these state employees have to gain beyond trying to keep their jobs by obeying the puppet master(s)? The only reason they have to investigate ‘from the bottom up’ is because Snyder and his million dollar team of lawyers (that we are paying for) have refused to hand over crucial documents. Like Howard Croft stated when this issue first became public, (evaluations to use the Flint River) “went all the way to the governor’s office”. I would expect that no one else beyond the governor has such controlling powers over state agencies, although I believe the Genesee county drain commissioner was also complicit in this as it is on record that he knew of the required upgrades ($61 million) to use the Flint River just prior to Flint accepting KWA.

Edited by Alphabob

There were quite a lot of people who ‘opened the spigots’. All of the top players in this crisis were involved in an ‘off-the-record’ meeting at the Flint treatment plant to make the final decision. This includes the emergency manager, two engineering firms, DEQ, Genesee drain commiss., mayor, ect. Most if not all of these individuals were aware of prior estimates putting the Flint River at around $61 million.

Right now it seems that the investigators are not able to obtain certain documents from the governor, so they are working from the bottom-up to get confessions. One of the guys appears to have already made a deal.