This Can't Be True ?

Effective September 22, 2016, Michigan’s laws against medical marijuana users will now include a law that allows law enforcement to demand a swab test of anyone they have “…reasonable cause to believe that a person had in his or her body any amount of a controlled substance listed in schedule 1” of the public health code. (MCLA §257.625r). The result of this statute will be that if you comply with the MMMA and show your card to law enforcement when you are pulled over, you will be required to give a saliva (“DNA”?), sample or face a civil infraction. If you do not do so, you may be fined, and your right to drive a vehicle stripped from you, as the new law states you are subject to breath tests and the refusal to take a breath test is still punished. As a result, you could be punished twice for your refusals

If this is true then we are screwed.....right? They have no idea when a person is unfit to drive yet we will still be punished for medicating. I would probably have to not smoke for a day or two to register less than 5 nanograms,I'm guessing, and month to be totally clean . Please tell me I have this all wrong.

the saliva road testing is already signed into law, zap.

they havent picked the 5 counties yet though.

the road testing law shouldnt apply to patients, just like the current ban on thc in blood does not apply to patients. but i'm sure they will go after patients anyways.