Alphakronik - Jay Roller

WET

Some distrurbing news has come to my attention regarding this breeder, alphakronik. I now have two reports that this this guy is a total azzhat. Ego is way out there. Anywho, I've twice invested well over $100 for his gear. Twice I got a bunch of mutated runts that couldn't be coaxed into viability. This first, I believe was the result of old seed stock. Alpha admitted this to me and then proceeded to fluff off anyway. Now, about a year later, two packs were absolute garbage. I let him know and he makes a second promise to fix it. Well, that was several weeks ago and emails now go unanswered.

Additionally, he's done the same to several friends and now I see he does this to everyone! Nearly every thread regarding his stuff contains many stories like mine. Bottom line: there is way too much good gear out there to waste time on people that are inconvenienced by the folks that support them.

For reference, my average is 90-95% germ. Alphakronik was about 20-30% while rare and g13 labs were 100% and 100% respectively. If you see alpha at the cup, give him a kick in the nuts for me and kindly get me hundreds back. Thanks.

I've not ever really complained to a breeder, so maybe they all act like this? Idk. If anyone has breeder customer service experience, let me know if this is normal!

Wet

Some distrurbing news has come to my attention regarding this breeder, alphakronik. I now have two reports that this this guy is a total azzhat. Ego is way out there. Anywho, I've twice invested well over $100 for his gear. Twice I got a bunch of mutated runts that couldn't be coaxed into viability. This first, I believe was the result of old seed stock. Alpha admitted this to me and then proceeded to fluff off anyway. Now, about a year later, two packs were absolute garbage. I let him know and he makes a second promise to fix it. Well, that was several weeks ago and emails now go unanswered.

Additionally, he's done the same to several friends and now I see he does this to everyone! Nearly every thread regarding his stuff contains many stories like mine. Bottom line: there is way too much good gear out there to waste time on people that are inconvenienced by the folks that support them.

For reference, my average is 90-95% germ. Alphakronik was about 20-30% while rare and g13 labs were 100% and 100% respectively. If you see alpha at the cup, give him a kick in the nuts for me and kindly get me hundreds back. Thanks.

I've not ever really complained to a breeder, so maybe they all act like this? Idk. If anyone has breeder customer service experience, let me know if this is normal!

Wet

sorry this happened to you, I know well the frustrations these duds cause

oh yeah..snozzberry.......and Snowdawg...they were acceptable strains to us. never ordered any others from alpha though. still have snowdawg seeds.

in my experience there are some top breeders with great communication skills, and then some not so much. I can imagine how many complaints these guys must sift through, some legit some not. Dr Greenthumb gets moody about this too sometimes, but all and all is a cool cat. Note-I've never had a DR,GT seed not crack and germ over night in a cup of water! never! They all have grown up healthy and every time I get more of the same.....they are the SAME. he's a pro. TGA is a pro, I like cali sometimes, and just this week had a whole pack of  their seeds fail to germ.....grrrr. I'll take my lickins....and buy another pack. If one legit plant in the pack grows for me it will have been worth it to me for the rare choice this time

someday the homeland will have alien tech package scanners rendering any live plant tissue useless I fear....... :dodgyrun:

Edited by trichcycler

Thanks. Yeah, I would have been fine just being ignored, but they even reached out for proof of purchase and mailing info, which was provided. Now hulk angry and scared!! Oh well. Seeds are preferred over clones for me, so this understandably happens, but every other pack failing is too much. I'd blame it on myself, but tbh, im too good and things are too consistent in my spaces. Thank goodness there is so much to explore out there! Next time I'll just take the loss and keep the big yapper shut.

Wet

I'm thinking when we at least notify the breeder of an issue we're helping them maybe. supposing he sees others with the same issue, maybe relates it to a room issue he experienced, or doesnt even know he has, and fixes it?  I think its a good idea to give feedback, positive and negative to those guys.

While I do go to breeders directly often I also use brokers. By the time I visit a breeder direct I trust them with my room. Gage Green TGA, etc...I do direct now when I can, or seedbay/breedbay to them. the brokers I've used were surprisingly well mannered and efficient when I did have issue, of course germinating seeds is rarely talked about, but smashed ones are.....for example ;)

I'm thinking when we at least notify the breeder of an issue we're helping them maybe. supposing he sees others with the same issue, maybe relates it to a room issue he experienced, or doesnt even know he has, and fixes it? I think its a good idea to give feedback, positive and negative to those guys.

While I do go to breeders directly often I also use brokers. By the time I visit a breeder direct I trust them with my room. Gage Green TGA, etc...I do direct now when I can, or seedbay/breedbay to them. the brokers I've used were surprisingly well mannered and efficient when I did have issue, of course germinating seeds is rarely talked about, but smashed ones are.....for example ;)

good point about things you ought not talk about. Maybe I screwed myself. In my younger years I'd get kicked out of headshops. They would say tobacco pipe or pollen catcher with a wink and I would say, 'no, no, I'm using it for cannabis.' Haha. My friends hated me.

But yes, he does have some good stuff. Post not meant to discurage trying the gear, just don't expect any customer service if you have issues.

Wet

Edited by WET

I'm thinking when we at least notify the breeder of an issue we're helping them maybe. supposing he sees others with the same issue, maybe relates it to a room issue he experienced, or doesnt even know he has, and fixes it?  I think its a good idea to give feedback, positive and negative to those guys.

so whats up with a gg connect? I know they moved in state awhile ago, there instate rep was a d. I. C. K and caused many places to stop carrying there gear, but i have not seen them on the radar at all. Trying my &damnest& to get my hands on more of there gear. Running grape stomper rn(goin on almost 2 years) and its a1. I want more. Just picked up a bright moments (frost boss) cut today.

so whats up with a gg connect? I know they moved in state awhile ago, there instate rep was a d. I. C. K and caused many places to stop carrying there gear, but i have not seen them on the radar at all. Trying my &damnest& to get my hands on more of there gear. Running grape stomper rn(goin on almost 2 years) and its a1. I want more. Just picked up a bright moments (frost boss) cut today.

I dunno, its been awhile. I stocked up on their gear awhile ago, nothing new here from them. Their Lamb lines, and Daybreaker were fun for me.

Update: Heard from alpha late last night and he says he was out of town dealing with medical stuff. I should have probably been better positioned to understand that possibility, but alas we are all self involved in our own bodies and minds.

Anywho, I'll hold the customer service complaint in abeyance out of fairness. Hopefully we resolve this, but either way, at least the guy exists. My temporary apologies to alphakronik. I will upate with a final verdict when applicable. Tillamook strawberry is really good afterall.

Wet

Okay, found something in the box today and I've got to say that alphakronik went way out of his way to make things right. My final opinion: his stuff is good. His customer service is sort of expected from someone like us. He may forget to get back with you, but will ultimately take care of stuff if remind him. My situation wasn't ideal, but my impatience plays in for sure. I'll give him another try for sure. Again, he went way above and beyond considering what I lost. Go forward in faith with Jay at alphakronik....mostly because the gear is great, but also because I said so :)

I'll let my original post ride for reference, but will edit soon to reflect current circumstances.

Wet