Hillary Clinton Campaign Says She Would Reschedule Marijuana

Hillary Clinton Campaign Says She Would Reschedule Marijuana

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton plans to reschedule marijuana if she is elected in November, according to a statement issued by the campaign.

While the Drug Enforcement Administration denied a petition early Thursday to remove marijuana from its Schedule I list under the Controlled Substances Act, leaving the drug lumped in with heroin, LSD and other elicit substances, the Clinton campaign thinks that rescheduling the drug serves a higher purpose.

“Marijuana is already being used for medical purposes in states across the country, and it has the potential for even further medical use,” Maya Harris, a senior policy advisor to Clinton’s campaign, said in a statement, reported by The Denver Post. “As Hillary Clinton has said throughout this campaign, we should make it easier to study marijuana so that we can better understand its potential benefits, as well as its side effects.

The DEA’s decision to keep pot as a Schedule I drug affirmed the federal government’s belief that there is insufficient evidence to show that any “specific benefits” the drug might offer would outweigh any of the “known risks.”

Clinton, however, seems to disagree and the campaign contended that if elected, she would reclassify the drug to a Schedule II substance, which would mean acceptance that marijuana has a medical use for treatment.

“As president, Hillary will build on the important steps announced today by rescheduling marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II substance. She will also ensure Colorado, and other states that have enacted marijuana laws, can continue to serve as laboratories of democracy,” Harris continued.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/criminal-justice-reform/

Focusing federal enforcement resources on violent crime, not simple marijuana possession. Marijuana arrests, including for simple possession, account for a large number of drug arrests. Significant racial disparities exist in marijuana enforcement—black men are significantly more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than their white counterparts, despite the fact that their usage rates are similar. Hillary will allow states that have enacted marijuana laws to act as laboratories of democracy and reschedule marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II substance.

so controlled substance schedule 2.

i thought zap said schedule 2 would be bad?

I guess I have no choice!  I have to start listening to her lie's just like I do chump!   I have never been this undecided in my life, I know I said I would vote for trump, but im hoping some miracle happens before nov and some one steps up and becomes the new bernie!

I cant wait untilll it is over and I hope we dont pay to much of a consiquence when it is said and done!

Peace

Make a list of the issues that are important to you and try to decide who would be the one that moves you, and what is important to you, forward. 

Leave the emotional baggage behind because it's not important, just a distraction to take your eye off the ball. 

Think about things like judicial appointments. 

If you vote thinking about your own personal rights then Hillary will be putting Supreme Courts Justices on that will be more about your choices and not about making you do things you don't want to do. Hillary will be putting judges on that will side with your right to choose your own medication. What you can do with your own body, not what the religous right wants you to do with your body. The judges she puts on will side with your ideals about clean air and stopping global warming. She will appoint judges that will side with the little guy and not those that have been raking in more money than they ever have compared with the middle class. 

She will appoint forward thinkers and not those that would take us back to a time when things were less fair for everyone. 

Those that support Trump are resisting change. Change is going to happen. Everyone is going to have to change as the world changes. I feel sorry for those stuck in their ruts. But they will change or perish. Move ahead with the world, you can't build walls to stop change. You build bridges to help change be positive change. You can take a graceful swan dive into the lake of change or you can be shoved into the lake of change. 

Make a list of the issues that are important to you and try to decide who would be the one that moves you, and what is important to you, forward. 

Leave the emotional baggage behind because it's not important, just a distraction to take your eye off the ball. 

Think about things like judicial appointments. 

If you vote thinking about your own personal rights then Hillary will be putting Supreme Courts Justices on that will be more about your choices and not about making you do things you don't want to do. Hillary will be putting judges on that will side with your right to choose your own medication. What you can do with your own body, not what the religous right wants you to do with your body. The judges she puts on will side with your ideals about clean air and stopping global warming. She will appoint judges that will side with the little guy and not those that have been raking in more money than they ever have compared with the middle class. 

She will appoint forward thinkers and not those that would take us back to a time when things were less fair for everyone. 

Those that support Trump are resisting change. Change is going to happen. Everyone is going to have to change as the world changes. I feel sorry for those stuck in their ruts. But they will change or perish. Move ahead with the world, you can't build walls to stop change. You build bridges to help change be positive change. You can take a graceful swan dive into the lake of change or you can be shoved into the lake of change. 

Good reply resto!  :drinking-coffee:

Good reply resto!  :drinking-coffee:

Thanks. Just don't want to do the belly smacker into the lake of change.....  I bought a treadmill off a Trump supporter way back over a year ago. I really feel sorry for that guy. He was resisting change and he didn't even know it. These days, change is happening so fast that to attempt to resist it is futile and can even be deadly. 

How is hillary change?

The world is changing and Trump is giving people hope for no change. Hope to yadda yadda yadda AGAIN.   In this context, AGAIN means go back. To fight change. To hold it back. Building a wall figuratively and actually. 

Hillary is providing an alternative to the blocking of moving forward. Building bridges. No doubt we will never build them fast enough to keep up with change. But going backwards is one huge mistake that will be reversed in one way or another. Our country and it's leadership has a lot of faults. The biggest is not building bridges fast enough. Not the lack of building walls fast enough. We need to take America into the future/change, not to do something 'again'. Again is old, the past, the has been. I'm as nostalgic as the next guy, I love the past. But the past is the past. It's gone, never to be 'again'.

Edited by Restorium2

i dunno, resto. i dont remember USA having a wall between mexico and america. that sounds new. there is a fence between usa and mexico, already. someone told me the wall and the fence would be different though.

the rest of your post seems emotional, and you just told us not to go on emotions, but list of actual issues.

i agree with appointing judges though.

but you did fail to say how hillary would be change.

i dunno, resto. i dont remember USA having a wall between mexico and america. that sounds new. there is a fence between usa and mexico, already. someone told me the wall and the fence would be different though.

the rest of your post seems emotional, and you just told us not to go on emotions, but list of actual issues.

i agree with appointing judges though.

but you did fail to say how hillary would be change.

I hope you are done editing. I almost posted three times as you edited. Maybe make a complete thought then post?

You are a little too slippery right now to converse with. Carry on.

Edited by Restorium2

sorry, theres a lot to read. my bad for all the silent edits.i want to be convinced though. thats why i ask.show me how voting for hillary is good. show everyone else on the site too.

Hillary is Good because Trump is Really, Really Bad

If you can't see that by now you're eyes and mind are closed.

Sometimes we have to swallow some nasty medicine to avoid a fatal outcome

It's one of those times

Hillary is Good because Trump is Really, Really Bad

If you can't see that by now you're eyes and mind are closed.

Sometimes we have to swallow some nasty medicine to avoid a fatal outcome

It's one of those times

how is trump really really bad? How is hillary change? Do you remember the obama campaign?(something about change?) ive already mostly made my choice to vote jhonson, but that could likely change as both candidates sites are updated with more and more of thier policy info..not sure why its not just all released rn.

how is trump really really bad? How is hillary change? Do you remember the obama campaign?(something about change?) ive already mostly made my choice to vote jhonson, but that could likely change as both candidates sites are updated with more and more of thier policy info..not sure why its not just all released rn.

Some of this stuff takes more than a one liner. More than I can tell you in a post here. 

I will try to make it more simple but that has it's problems. 

Here's a shot at making it simple;

Did you like Scalia's ideas? If you did then Trump would be closer to your ideals. If not, than Hillary would fit you better. 

For that to make any sense you would have had to be paying attention to the Supreme Court for a long time. 

I think that is why some people follow Trump, because they just started paying attention and they haven't done much homework. 

But if you tell them that they become even more hateful. How do you politely tell people they don't understand the big picture?

Could the media portrayal of trump have anything to do with your opinion? It has been really scewed out of context and proportion, not saying he hasnt said some far out stuff but....ratings maybe?

I only use the media as a recording device. They record what candidates say and promise and I listen and evaluate. This is a no spin zone.

If I took Trump at his word we will be a third world country in 4 years. He says some tremendously ignorant things that wouldn't work and no one would even go so far as trying them out because they are so ridiculous. Things a third grader might think up to save the country. I honestly wonder where he has been for 30 years. He hasn't been paying attention to what has been going on. He's a total sham. You can find many many elementary school kids that know a lot more than he does about how our country works and how the world works. He smacks of Sara Palin when she said that our country was fighting and they said, "The Americans are coming, the Americans are coming." How did she miss that history class about, "The British are Coming"?  You don't hire people like that for an important job that requires a precise knowledge of history and how the world works. He didn't even know Russia went into Ukraine and that is recent BIG history. He's clueless. And you can't fast track out that kind of clueless. He can't even objectively evaluate the people he would hire because he doesn't even know enough to do that. 

Could the media portrayal of trump have anything to do with your opinion? It has been really scewed out of context and proportion, not saying he hasnt said some far out stuff but....ratings maybe?

This is a two way street here. Can you give us specifics about when and how the 'media' has gotten something about Trump skewed and out of context?

It's easy to say the 'media' got it wrong. It takes some time and trouble to explain 'how'. Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.