202 replies to this topic

#21 beourbud

beourbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:28 AM

Republicans fall all over themselves vowing to be the one candidate who will eliminate the most government agencies/departments. I have never heard ONE of them recommend eliminating the DEA. Who's side are they on?

And, repubs fall all over themselves to break up all Unions except the Police Union, who's side are they on?
  • AmishRnot4ganja likes this

#22 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

In the words of Dr. Christopher McCurdy, head researcher at the University of Mississippi (where kratom has most recently been studied in the U.S.): “Based on the information available in the scientific literature, we know that Kratom has been utilized for centuries by people in Thailand, without stigma associated with its use. In traditional medicine, Kratom has been used as an antidiarrheal and as a treatment for opioid dependence. Although there are suggestions that Kratom has a risk of addiction, there is no solid scientific evidence available to support or refute this idea.” Kratom is safely relieving mental and physical suffering in the lives of adults all across America. We support further scientific study of the plant, and oppose legislation that will turn responsible kratom users into criminals. akratomassociation@gmai

https://d3n8a8pro7vh....pdf?1472344454

Edited by cristinew, 06 September 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#23 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:06 PM

Press Release
For Immediate Release
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
LNC Chair's comments on DEA scheduling of kratom like heroin

While the American people are demanding drug peace and self-ownership, the DEA is headed in the wrong direction with kratom.

By Nicholas Sarwark
Libertarian National Committee Chair 

The DEA is losing the war on drugs with state after state softening stances on marijuana. 8 states will be voting on legalizing marijuana for recreational AND medicinal purposes in November. Americans are overwhelmingly seeing that prison and government violence are terrible ways to solve the problems of addiction and drug abuse, and they are demanding a different approach. They are demanding more liberty. They are demanding drug peace.

Instead, the DEA is seeking out new plants and herbs to wage war on, presumably to refill our prisons and keep the revenue from asset forfeiture going to the state.

Kratom is a simple herb. The medicinal form is derived from leaves of a plant, ground into powder or made into a tea. It has very low toxicity and no death has ever occurred because of kratom alone. In fact, many use it to negate the vicious withdrawal effects from heroin addiction. Many use it for anxiety and depression and claim it works far better for them than other pharmaceuticals and with no side effects.  Many claim it saves lives. Maybe it does, and maybe it doesn’t. That should be a decision grown adults make for themselves, and if they say it helps them, so be it.

At this point, it is sold as an unregulated herbal remedy and that is how it should stay. But, presumably because it DOES actually do something, the DEA is planning to schedule it the same as heroin and ban its use at the end of this month, even though no harm can be proven. According to the DEA, the American people are required to prove some medical benefit through the ridiculously arcane process of FDA approval.

So we are supposed to spend 10 or more years and millions of research dollars to get permission to ingest an herb that is currently not hurting anybody? The Libertarian Party and a majority of the American people reject this philosophy of governance and demand that the DEA stand down on kratom and marijuana.

It is especially critical to keep alternatives like these open to our nation’s veterans, who are committing suicide at an appalling rate of 22 per day, many of them desperate for mental health services or pain management from overburdened and poorly managed VA health services. We have already failed our veterans in so many ways.

If kratom helps even one of them deal with the trauma of endless, pointless war, it is downright inhumane to put any kind of stumbling block between them and their recovery.

If the DEA moves forward with this scheduling and the veteran suicide rate goes up, blood will be on their hands. The American people are sick and tired of unelected bureaucrats making life more miserable for people already suffering.

Stop it.

• dutchfarm, Wild Bill, AmishRnot4ganja and 1 other like this

#24 swamper

swamper

Still Rocking & Rolling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationLittle Tragic Bay

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:32 AM

But OxyContin for kids is A-OK.

While the DEA is banning substances that can actually help people with chronic pain and help wean them off of harsher,
more dangerous drugs, the FDA has approved the narcotic painkiller OxyContin for pediatric use. The agency reported the
drug is safe for children as young as 11 years old who have chronic pain.

But the very fact that pediatricians are prescribing the drug to children is troubling to some experts, since rates of
opioid addiction are on the rise, especially in young people. According to the National Institutes of Health, approximately
2.1 million Americans are struggling with an addiction to prescription painkillers. Abusing this class of drugs is often a
precursor to heroin addiction.

So, on one hand, we have the federal government saying that the powerful and deadly narcotic OxyContin is safe for young
children, a drug that is at the core of the opioid addiction crisis in this country, while on the other hand that same
government is saying that a plant that can also alleviate pain and has the side-effect of helping wean people off of the
powerful and dangerous narcotic and has never been proven to harm anyone is too dangerous for people to decide if they can
use them? What the actual flower?

Cronyism at its best

It’s pretty clear what the issue is here. OxyContin is developed and sold by a major pharmaceutical company, Purdue Pharma,
that has given nearly $2 million directly to political candidates over the last 15 years and gave almost three-quarters of a
million dollars in lobbying last year alone. Kratom is a natural substance that no one company has control of, let alone a
company with the billions that Purdue Pharma has to throw around Washington. This is clearly cronyism at its best, folks.
This is politicians and bureaucrats scratching the backs of people who are funding their campaigns and cutting out a product
that can actually reduce dependency on the politician’s campaign funding giant’s product. Many people point to money in politics
as the issue, or big pharma as the issue, or any number of symptoms. But, these are only the symptoms of the problem. The
problem, the cancer, is the power that our politicians have to control every aspect of your life and every aspect of the economy
with arbitrary regulations by government organizations that cannot be help accountable by the people. Remove that cancer and all
of the symptoms go away.

• phaquetoo, dutchfarm and AmishRnot4ganja like this

#25 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:52 PM

https://engage.drugp...nate-kratom-dea

Stop the DEA's War on Kratom

The DEA recently placed kratom, a medicinal plant used for millennia in Southeast Asia, on the list of Schedule I drugs, effective September 30.

Without a serious scientific investigation the DEA intends to subject anyone caught with any quantity of kratom to long prison sentences, while effectively halting scientific investigation into kratom’s medicinal benefits, and making it impossible to enact sensible legal regulations for kratom.

Many people struggling with opioid addiction have turned to kratom as a safer alternative, but now all promising scientific studies on kratom’s role in opioid treatment could be immediately shut down. Tell your Senators to stop the DEA's irresponsible action before it's too late. 

Take Action

Edited by cristinew, 09 September 2016 - 01:53 PM.

#26 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:18 AM

Antioxidant value and antiproliferative efficacy of mitragynine and a silane reduced analogue.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

To investigate the antioxidant value and anticancer functions of mitragynine (MTG) and its silane-reduced analogues (SRM) in vitro.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:

MTG and SRM was analyzed for their reducing power ability, ABTS radical inhibition and 1,1-diphenyl-2-picryl hydrazylfree radicals scavenging activities. Furthermore, the antiproliferation efficacy was evaluated using MTT assay on K 562 and HCT116 cancer cell lines versus NIH/3T3 and CCD18-Co normal cell lines respectively.

RESULTS:

SRM and MTG demonstrate moderate antioxidant value with ABTS assay (Trolox equivalent antioxidant capacity (TEAC): 2.25±0.02 mmol trolox / mmol and 1.96±0.04 mmol trolox / mmol respectively) and DPPH (IC50=3.75±0.04 mg/mL and IC50=2.28±0.02 mg/mL respectively). Both MTG and SRM demonstrate equal potency (IC50=25.20±1.53 and IC50= 22.19±1.06 respectively) towards K 562 cell lines, comparable to control, betulinic acid (BA) (IC5024.40±1.26). Both compounds showed concentration-dependent cytototoxicity effects and exert profound antiproliferative efficacy at concentration > 100 μM towards HCT 116 and K 562 cancer cell lines, comparable to those of BA and 5-FU (5-Fluorouracil). Furthermore, both MTG and SRM exhibit high selectivity towards HCT 116 cell lines with selective indexes of 3.14 and 2.93 respectively compared to 5-FU (SI=0.60).

CONCLUSIONS:

These findings revealed that the medicinal and nutitional values of mitragynine obtained from ketum leaves that growth in tropical forest of Southeast Asia and its analogues does not limited to analgesic properties but could be promising antioxidant and anticancer or chemopreventive compounds.

• swamper likes this

#27 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:18 AM

Another anti cancer leaf BANNED .

#28 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:29 AM

Edited by cristinew, 10 September 2016 - 01:44 PM.

• imiubu and swamper like this

#29 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:53 PM

Guess who is next    http://hightimes.com...nst-legal-weed/ 

#30 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:54 PM

http://thecre.com/ CRE has submitted a Request for Information to DEA regarding its listing of kratom as a Schedule I narcotic.  The information so requested is the DEA letter to HHS as mentioned in the Federal Register which announced the aforementioned listing, which states:

The Administrator [DEA} transmitted notice of his intent to place mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine in schedule I on a temporary basis to the Assistant Secretary[HHS] by letter dated May 6, 2016.

CRE, serving in its role as regulatory watchdog,  ensures that regulators comply with the Data Quality Act, a statute which requires that regulatory actions be  based upon sound scientific principals.

The information contained in the DEA letter to HHS is of critical importance in assessing the merits of the agency’s science. CRE was surprised that the said letter is not immediately accessible on the DEA website nor was it made available in the DEA listing of kratom as a Schedule I narcotic as noted in the Federal Register notice.

In that federal regulators review CRE websites,  CRE recommends that  interested parties  increase their leverage by broadcasting this post to other stakeholders.

Please see cre-letter-to-dea-officials

#31 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:16 AM

Edited by cristinew, 11 September 2016 - 07:17 AM.

• imiubu likes this

#32 knucklehead bob

knucklehead bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationJust Passin' Thru

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:18 AM

Big Pharma’s Patents on Kratom Alkaloids Expose Real Reason DEA is Banning this Plant

As the Free Thought Project reported last week, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) just announced they will ban the popular pain relief supplement kratom by placing it on the Schedule 1 list, which denotes “no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse” – the most restrictive classification under the federal Controlled Substances Act.

http://wakingtimesme...-banning-plant/

I wonder how many other harmless natural plants are schedule one ?   :horse:

Edited by knucklehead bob, 11 September 2016 - 07:22 AM.

#33 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
  • Locationsome where in between summer and winter!

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

https://engage.drugp...nate-kratom-dea

Stop the DEA's War on Kratom

The DEA recently placed kratom, a medicinal plant used for millennia in Southeast Asia, on the list of Schedule I drugs, effective September 30.

Without a serious scientific investigation the DEA intends to subject anyone caught with any quantity of kratom to long prison sentences, while effectively halting scientific investigation into kratom’s medicinal benefits, and making it impossible to enact sensible legal regulations for kratom.

Many people struggling with opioid addiction have turned to kratom as a safer alternative, but now all promising scientific studies on kratom’s role in opioid treatment could be immediately shut down. Tell your Senators to stop the DEA's irresponsible action before it's too late. 

Take Action

The dea and dr.'s and big pharma want to use suboxan to get us off of one opoid and addicted to another!  Just ask the suspended dr. who writes opoids, does mm certs and hooks you on suboxan (amongst other ilicit things)!  But of course just like most people who are in jail for theft, rape and other crimes he swears he is inocent!  (a big bunch of b.s)

I was on loratabs for at least 8 yrs, I told my dr. I couldnt afford them any longer,,,,,he said you have ins dont it pay for your rx's,  I told him yes it does, but when I run out of the 120  10/500 loratabs in 10 days I cant afford to purchase them off of the street for 5 bucks a peice,  he looked at me,  I said Im addicted the them and I need a pain med that I wont abuse,,,,he thought long and hard and said he will switch me to 10 mg methadone pills, 120 a month,  It worked for a while untill I did more than one and liked them also!  My dr. knew I smoke mj (this was before 08) he was ok with it, but when I asked him to give me a cert for an mm card so I could get off of opoids he quit me!

I sure hope more dr.'s start to cert people for mm, but I doubt it, I am thankful for the ones that do cert's,  But like any thing else there will always be dr.'s that take advantage of the almighty $$$.

It sure would be nice to get my renewells from my primary dr.!!!!

Peace

• cristinew likes this

#34 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:28 AM

I know many people who have used Kratom to get off them dirty and dangerous subs,  And i also know many people who use this harmless leaf to treat pain, It works better than Morphine and you can function ,  You know this leaf is cheaper than cannabis  100 bucks a kilo so you can treat your pain for a half a year for 100 bucks,

Edited by cristinew, 11 September 2016 - 09:29 AM.

• phaquetoo likes this

#35 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:32 AM

I know many people who have used Kratom to get off them dirty and dangerous subs,  And i also know many people who use this harmless leaf to treat pain, It works better than Morphine and you can function ,  You know this leaf is cheaper than cannabis  100 bucks a kilo so you can treat your pain for a half a year for 100 bucks,

I realy never knew anything about this organic medicine until this thread!

Thanks!

Peace

#36 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:47 AM

Big Pharma’s Patents on Kratom Alkaloids Expose Real Reason DEA is Banning this Plant

As the Free Thought Project reported last week, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) just announced they will ban the popular pain relief supplement kratom by placing it on the Schedule 1 list, which denotes “no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse” – the most restrictive classification under the federal Controlled Substances Act.

http://wakingtimesme...-banning-plant/

I wonder how many other harmless natural plants are schedule one ?   :horse:

If you just did a bunch of magic mushrooms (phylisibin?? spelling) and didnt have any dangerious weapons around could it kill you?

I know it totaly does  almost the same thing as acid or mescaline did back in the day, as far as buzz,  but blotter acid and mescaline were man made, mushrooms are not,  Has anyone died from the shrooms,,,,,,,,,I have old men relatives that have all kinds of messed up stuff wrong with them from the 60's experimental acid days!  One messed up bunch if they are still alive.

I seen a video of a guy who grew his own shrooms and used it for cluster head aches!   Man them head ache's are nasty, at least they seem to be Im lucky not to even get head aches,,,,,the guy did shrooms like 1 time a month or maybe every other month,  and

he didnt get the cluster head aches when he did the shrooms,,,,,,when it was the day to do his meds(shrooms), he would pretty much hunker down in his bedroom and try like heck to sleep thru the trippiest part! He had kids and was married and if he didnt do the shrooms he says he would have committed suicide by now!  I beleive him, just seeing my lady go thru migraines is horrible, the cluster head ache's are much more painful and extreme!   I think I would enjoy med day though!  :yahoo-wave:

Peace

#37 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

Yes many people did not know That is why they are banning it, If more people knew the harder time they would have,  Its still legal for a couple weeks

#38 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:02 PM

http://www.mitraspeciosa.com/samples/ 

• swamper likes this

#39 swamper

swamper

Still Rocking & Rolling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationLittle Tragic Bay

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:25 PM

I am on day three of stopping Ms contin 30mg x 3 + breakthrough meds. I took my last pain pill Friday night. Have been taking 4 - 6 grams of Kratom every 6 hours, and it is pretty much making the withdrawal a non-issue. Didn't get the best sleep last night but right now I feel pretty good. I've a clear head, went for a long walk and no longer feel tired. That is what they want to patent. That is why we are not a free society.

p.s.

I surly wish I knew about this when I went through 6 weeks of hell after stopping a low dose of methadone!

Edited by swamper, 11 September 2016 - 03:29 PM.

• cristinew, phaquetoo and imiubu like this

#40 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:14 PM

wow, I'm so happy for you swamper.

please continue to document your foray in kratom here for others. your experience can help a lot of people...

someone mentioned that kratom might be addictive, so please also report if you find that to be the case as well. or If it's the same reefer madness..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users