An Evaluation Of The Cannabis ‘Amotivational’ Hypotheses

Cannabis acutely induced a transient amotivational state and CBD influenced the effects of THC on expected value. In contrast, cannabis dependence was associated with preserved motivation alongside impaired reward learning, although confounding factors, including depression, cannot be disregarded. This is the first well powered, fully controlled study to objectively demonstrate the acute amotivational effects of THC.

Here's the whole study, which quite a long read.

Edited by zachw

Inclusion criteria were as follows: aged between 18 and 70, smoked cannabis 3 times/week or less and have smoked cannabis 4 or more times in the last year.

Used cannabis 3-4 times a week or less. Barely anything to speak of. To expect any 'findings' from this little use shows a bad knowledge base about cannabis to begin with. They obviously were looking very hard for something to hang their hats on. But with such little use of a highly benign substance you are not going to find any chronic problems at all. That's like looking for 'findings' from sniffing alcohol corks. Tilting at windmills. 

Well, perhaps they are right, I am totally unmotivated to even point out the serious issues with this "study" pushed by pharmaceutical companies, obviously laying the groundwork to push CBD-laced cannabis drugs on the unsuspecting public.

Dam! I just proved them wrong didn't I? Went to the trouble to read that garbage on a beautiful Saturday morning. Now I'm going to mow my lawn and the neighbors. Go to the park and walk my dog. Then we are going for a ride up north. I'm so darn unmotivated!

Dam! I just proved them wrong didn't I? Went to the trouble to read that garbage on a beautiful Saturday morning. Now I'm going to mow my lawn and the neighbors. Go to the park and walk my dog. Then we are going for a ride up north. I'm so darn unmotivated!

I hear you!  I read the entire thing then went for a bicycle ride.  Next the doggie and I go walking... then I paint my grow room.. then mix soil... then...

Yeah, all that after a doobie of Holy Grail and 2 dabs.  Soooo unmotivated.... NOT!

BS study... again.