Best Cage Free Outdoor Cannabis Season Ever.....again

Just like most everything growing here in Michigan this year, the Cage Free Cannabis Coalition is reporting its largest forecast ever for Cage Free Sun Grown Organic Cannabis. A 20% increase over the 2015 record.

I don't know if it's climate change but Michigan is looking more like Mendocino.

Free the Weed

Because Cage Free Cannabis is exposed to the Natural effects of the wind their branches are much stronger than an indoor counterpart.

Indoor plants of comparable size (trees). Can't hold the weight a Cage Free Tree can.

This year there are many Cage Free Trees burdened so heavily their bows may break.

It's a problem. Lol

It's a problem like having so much gold in the trunk of your car the tires blow out.

Edited by beourbud

This weather is like Jamaca, Mexico, Thailand ....Sativas love it and indicas can tolerate it if they have been kept healthy.

Now, high humidity and cold nights is another story but the weather thru harvest looks very promising.

Cut back on watering when the humidity is high.

Usually spider mites are a problem for some late August , so far I haven't heard of anyone with outdoor infestations.

A short dry period in August and healthy vigorous plants are the biggest factors for fending off mites.

Pruning during flowering , after summer solstice is discourage to reduce the risk of mites.

Some reports of aphids but minimal application of diluted dish soap ( no anti bacterial) takes care of them and the next rain washes residuals away, It takes about 4 drops of dish soap to treat a Large tree. After a rain there is more residual soap on your spoons and forks in your kitchen. By the way we suggest rinsing off all plants a day before harvest for squeaky clean meds.

It really is that simple when Mother Nature is accommodating

I would like to hear how GaryFisher is doing with this humidity in his Op.

Edited by beourbud

• 2 weeks later...

Natural effects of the wind their branches are much stronger than an indoor counterpart. ?? A fan will take care of that

Yeah but who needs the utility bills , equipment and maintenance?

GaryFisher has created an indoor grow, outside of his home. When you have to use electricity or utility it is no longer an Outdoor Grow.

Without mimicking the Wind , those plants would just droop under their own weight.

An outdoor grow requires no electricity or power source.

Great job GaryFisher, nice grow.

Edited by beourbud

Yeah but who needs the utility bills , equipment and maintenance?

GaryFisher has created an indoor grow, outside of his home. When you have to use electricity or utility it is no longer an Outdoor Grow.

Without mimicking the Wind , those plants would just droop under their own weight.

An outdoor grow requires no electricity or power source.

Great job GaryFisher, nice grow.

Why?  We're using the same exact power source, the Sun.

Im very happy you are having an awsome cage free grow going this yr, I am mostly glad that you havent had any issues with leo!

I do wish you the best in your out door grows, I most likely would do it if I had the place to do it!

Best of luck on the end of the season here!

Peace

Im very happy you are having an awsome cage free grow going this yr, I am mostly glad that you havent had any issues with leo!

I do wish you the best in your out door grows, I most likely would do it if I had the place to do it!

Best of luck on the end of the season here!

Peace

Thanks. Leo has been here and to dozens of grows I know of, They came , they counted, they left

Why?  We're using the same exact power source, the Sun.

I love your opp. I would like to see tens thousands of them across the state.

My comments are pointed at those who try to use indoor criteria to force unreasonable restriction on outdoor grows.

Not trying to knock your opp at all merely making the distinction.

Expecting great results and looking forward to pics.

Please expand on this. I'm not sure what you mean by using indoor criteria to force unreasonable restrictions on outdoor grows.

Sorry so late, Been very busy in fields of dreams.

There is so much cannabis growing in Michigan we could easily see $100 zips by Christmas

The dispensaries , with the added costs of testing , licensing and transport will price themselves out of the market.

The Canna Bubble has burst in Michigan

Free the Weed

Specifically , trying to put a top on an outdoor grow.

A secure locked enclosure does not equate to a top on an outdoor grow.

An indoor opp has a top, an outdoor opp does not.

Sorry so late, Been very busy in fields of dreams.

There is so much cannabis growing in Michigan we could easily see $100 zips by Christmas

The dispensaries , with the added costs of testing , licensing and transport will price themselves out of the market.

The Canna Bubble has burst in Michigan

Free the Weed

Specifically , trying to put a top on an outdoor grow.

A secure locked enclosure does not equate to a top on an outdoor grow.

An indoor opp has a top, an outdoor opp does not.

A top on the outdoor is important if you live in a county where they are confiscating your crop for no top. Different rules for different counties, or at least it looks that way.

Good luck with your topless grow.  

A top on the outdoor is important if you live in a county where they are confiscating your crop for no top. Different rules for different counties, or at least it looks that way.

Good luck with your topless grow.

A top on an outdoor grow should be a prerogative not mandatory.

Still waiting for someone busted specifically for no top

Even gorilla grows have not seen those charges.

And I think we can all agree, we All voted across the state for our law, it should be applied the same across the state.

If disp are allowed they should be allowed by the same rules everywhere in Michigan.

I for one did not vote to be denied the right others have in a neighboring jurisdiction .

Edited by beourbud

A top on an outdoor grow should be a prerogative not mandatory.

Still waiting for someone busted specifically for no top

Even gorilla grows have not seen those charges.

And I think we can all agree, we All voted across the state for our law, it should be applied the same across the state.

If disp are allowed they should be allowed by the same rules everywhere in Michigan.

I for one did not vote to be denied the right others have in a neighboring jurisdiction .

They are not charging for no top, just cutting down the plants and hauling away. I know of three instances within 30 miles of here.

Dude Free The Weed!

I dont care if you have a top or not!

If I was able (to many people can see my yard now) I would do an out door grow every yr,  Personaly I would just use a dog kennel (chain link fence sections) I most def would put sections on the top, It would not hurt my out door grow one ioda!

All Good, Im not going to argue whether the law says you have to or not, I will air on the side of legality, I truly am done messing with leo and the court systems,  I had my fun, I loved asking for jury trials and not using attny's,,,,,,I became legal and thought I was all that and a bag of chips (do people still say that? lol)  I smoked where ever I wanted, I showed off my card, I did all kind of stupid chit!

I truly am glad you are having a great out door season, Im very glad your not in the court system over it also!  I wish you the best and hope you never have to deal with the courts on an out door grow with out a top!

So what strains do you have?   it would be cool to test your out door strain against the same indoor strain, and yea with a pack of white zig zags and our own judgement!  I will bring the munchies and find the indoor strain, you just bring that out door cage free tree!

Peace

How is all this rain effecting the outdoor grows?

I didn't know what micro climates were until I worked in Cali

Michigan also has microclimates. The weather /climate is different in different areas of the state.

The weather also varies about every 15 miles you go north.

Seeing some awesome product coming out of the southern lower counties

Here in central we got a boost from an exceptional August thru mid sept

The last two weeks of flower is critical for sure, that's the most productive trich period.

As long as there are no signs of rot they will stay out.

So far nothing reported. We should see some warmer temps this weekend.

It has been a nail biter this week but that's the risk. Extended cold and rain sux.

I suspect everything will be harvested right before the next cold front approaches.

There is not much growth at 50-60 degrees.

This time of year we like to see 60+ days and 50 nights , with as much sunshine as we can get.

An Indian summer would put this years crop in the record books but currently we are ending with a good but less than stellar year.